Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Paint and Body Work (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Alero help! (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34823)

Black_Mamba 09-25-2011 10:06 AM

Alero help!

I was driving home from school friday night and it was raining out. I was on the highway and some lady stoped short and my abs didnt kick on and my wheels locked up and i hit her. she has no major damage, just a scuff on the rear bumper. but i need a new hood, front bumper, and headlight. maybe an impact bar too.

What I wanna know is, will a hood and front bumper from a 4 door alero 2.4l fit a 3.4l 2 door alero?

Someone help me out please? :(

zearchyo 09-25-2011 10:09 AM

pretty sure it will. Go junk yard zearching man

Black_Mamba 09-25-2011 10:10 AM

I already found the parts but before I spend the money on em I wanna be certain they fit. I think theyll fit too, but I wanna be sure about it

zearchyo 09-25-2011 10:11 AM

yes they will but if u want to wait for ohers to confirm go ahead

Black_Mamba 09-25-2011 10:13 AM

Thanks for the help :)

MMGT1 09-25-2011 10:49 AM

It is the same. Fenders forward have the exact same parts, 4 or 2 door

Black_Mamba 09-25-2011 10:56 AM

Thanks. And this is off topic but by any chance do you know how to change your Member type? For me it says "GX Member" but I drive a GLS..

jawa 09-25-2011 11:31 AM

the front ends are the same for all years and engine options

tw0123 09-25-2011 11:50 AM

only thing to watch for on the hood is whether it has a prop rod or the hood struts... iirc the struts are just a clip pin to remove, but the brackets are welded on...

as for the membership type, it changes as you post more... certain number of posts equals your level of membership

Black_Mamba 09-25-2011 11:59 AM

Ohhh I got ya. thanks alot

bdyman 09-25-2011 12:04 PM

whoa!!! whoa!!! before you spend money on parts and think about doing the repair yourself, let me see some pics of the damage the described hit is telling me that you have more then just parts replacing

very very possible that the core support is damaged, hood hingges, hood latch, lock support, maybe is taged the frame rails if your not in the trade just replacing parts ontop of damaged structual metal is just stupid

and why are you not claiming this on insurance you hit the person so insurance has to be invovled here what insurance do both parties have

Redog 09-25-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black_Mamba (Post 597393)
Thanks. And this is off topic but by any chance do you know how to change your Member type? For me it says "GX Member" but I drive a GLS..

That's your rating on the site. The more you post, the higher it goes. Has nothing to do with what you drive

Yes the front end is the same on all of these cars

Black_Mamba 09-25-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdyman (Post 597404)
whoa!!! whoa!!! before you spend money on parts and think about doing the repair yourself, let me see some pics of the damage the described hit is telling me that you have more then just parts replacing

very very possible that the core support is damaged, hood hingges, hood latch, lock support, maybe is taged the frame rails if your not in the trade just replacing parts ontop of damaged structual metal is just stupid

and why are you not claiming this on insurance you hit the person so insurance has to be invovled here what insurance do both parties have

I've been around cars for a while. I checked it out and I only need to get a hood, a drivers side head light, and the whole assembly for the headlight as well as a hood lock/latch. The bumper isnt even worth replacing but while im at it i might as well. the Radiator is fine, as well as the frame and everything.

Insurance was involved, I dont exactly know where it stands though. I know that since i hit her, Im automatically at fault. Also, I have basic coverage, not full (so my insurance would pay for her cars damages, not mine). Also there were no injuries, it was a simple "fender bender" so no police or ambulences were involved. it wasnt that serious so i dont know whats gonna happen insurance wise because i know some companies require a police report.

I would take pics but I drove, (yes its still driveable, just not at night because its missing a headlight) it to the body shop yesterday morning.

I got everything under control, I just wanted to know part wise if its the same.

Black_Mamba 09-25-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redog (Post 597405)
That's your rating on the site. The more you post, the higher it goes. Has nothing to do with what you drive

Yes the front end is the same on all of these cars

Understood, thank you & thank you for the info on the fitting of the parts :thumb:

XanderWiFi 09-25-2011 05:52 PM

I have extra headlights. What side did you bust?

Black_Mamba 09-25-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanderWiFi (Post 597434)
I have extra headlights. What side did you bust?

Just the drivers side headlight, I need the entire assembly, minus the light bulbs

adam337 09-25-2011 06:16 PM

Not sure of your background, but i doubt you know nearly as much about cars as bdyman, nor do you have the expertise he has. I highly suggest that you snap a couple pics of the damage and let a professional look at them. Just putting new parts on a damaged car is dangerous, and honestly pretty stupid.

Black_Mamba 09-25-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam337 (Post 597439)
Not sure of your background, but i doubt you know nearly as much about cars as bdyman, nor do you have the expertise he has. I highly suggest that you snap a couple pics of the damage and let a professional look at them. Just putting new parts on a damaged car is dangerous, and honestly pretty stupid.

I over looked the obvious stuff it needs, everything else seems intact and fine, but my friend who owns the body shop is going to overlook everything just to make sure. But I know what you're saying though, thanks for the advice :thumb: