Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Audio, Video & Security (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Soundsystem Alero (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38303)

Dynamix 01-11-2015 08:57 AM

Soundsystem Alero

Hello guys,

I looked at my Alero brochure (german version!) yesterday evening and I read someting that confused me a bit. The brochure says that the Alero is equipped with a 8-speaker sound system. I only was aware of 6. Is my brochure right and the alero has 8 speakers? If yes, where are they? I only see the 2 in each front door and the 2 big ones near the backseats.

Greetings,
Dynamix

S8track16 01-11-2015 09:21 AM

2 tweeters in the front doors, 2 mid range in front doors, and 2 in the rear deck. They may be considering the rear speakers as 4 if they are 2-way speakers.

tw0123 01-11-2015 10:18 AM

The monsoon system is considered the upgraded speakers...

rocketfast321 01-11-2015 01:07 PM

With the monsoon radio. The back 6x9 are duel input. One line set for the highs and one for the lows.

Papa Rad17 01-12-2015 12:17 AM

^^^these posts

Dynamix 01-12-2015 12:40 AM

Thanks to all for the answers! Is there any chance to find out if my Alero has the monsoon system? Unfortunately the previous owner installed a aftermarket radio so I do not know which radio was installed originally. Can I find it out by the RPO Codes?

S8track16 01-12-2015 06:47 AM

I don't have the monsoon system but just check in the trunk behind the carpet on either side, there should be an amp.

Dynamix 01-12-2015 11:43 AM

In this case I do not have the monsoon system. I removed the carpets for the reinstallation of the original taillamps and there was no amp behind it :( I think I should take a closer look to the speakers in the back when I get her back tomorrow :)

Nas Escobar 01-12-2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamix (Post 659457)
Thanks to all for the answers! Is there any chance to find out if my Alero has the monsoon system? Unfortunately the previous owner installed a aftermarket radio so I do not know which radio was installed originally. Can I find it out by the RPO Codes?

RPO codes could tell you, but it won't call it monsoon I think. My Camaro has the Monsoon amp but on my build sheet it was called "upgraded sound" or something like that. I have to look for the page. I do know on the Camaro, the Delco head unit and the amp/speaker system have different codes. The CD player is one code and the amp is another. UZ7 is the code for the monsoon amp in the Camaro. It may be the same in all other GM cars. I know UB3 means a full guage cluster with the volt gauge and oil gauge. People with cars that had digital clusters from factory use the term "UB3" to refer to them but that code is used on all 6 gauge clusters. So UZ7 may be a generic code like that.

Looking for the amp may not be the best way sometimes since people take them out when they change the head unit or the speakers because not many mid range speakers are dual coil

Dynamix 01-13-2015 02:51 PM

I think i posted the RPO codes of my Alero in the forum. Maybe I should check it out :)

Redog 01-13-2015 05:18 PM

I believe the 8 speaker system came out in 2001 as the "Sound and Sun" Package I saw an Alero on the dealer's lot with that option in 2001 when I had mine in for warranty work.

But yeah, if no amp behind the carpet on the left side on the trunk, no upgraded system ;)