Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Of The Month (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   AOTM change Suggestions (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31398)

Oldsnut 05-11-2010 06:39 PM

AOTM change Suggestions

OK gang we are looking at modifying the Alero of the Month competition a little bit. We would like to see your suggestions that you would like to see added for two new categories in March and September as long as they are do-able and realistic. We are also proposing that December be Alero of the Year that will be chosen from the previous 11 months winners. This is the one instance where the minimum 6 month rule will not apply for having won a previous AOTM.

If you feel that it should stay “as is” let us know. Other suggestions are welcome but be realistic about them. If we have many good suggestions for March and September we can pick which two will be added via a poll.

This is the current Alero of the Month list
JAN. - Best Christmas/Holiday/Winter Theme
FEB. - Best Photoshop Alero
MARCH - Best Winter Scenic Alero Photo
APRIL - Best Engine/Performance Shot
MAY - Best Interior Mods photo
JUNE - Best Track/Racing Alero Picture
JULY - Best Group Photo
AUG. - Best Action Shot
SEPT. - Best Beach Alero Photo
OCT. - Best Exterior Customizing/Mods
NOV. - Fall/Autumn Scene theme
DEC. - Best Overall Alero Photo

Proposed Alero of the Month changes
JAN. - Best Photoshop Alero
FEB. - Best Winter Theme Alero
MARCH – New Category
APRIL - Best Engine Shot
MAY - Best Interior Mods photo
JUNE - Best Track/Racing Alero Picture
JULY - Best Group Photo
AUG. - Best Action Shot
SEPT. – New Category
OCT. - Best Exterior Customizing/Mods
NOV. - Fall/Autumn Scene theme
DEC. – Alero of the Year- to be chosen from the previous 11 AOTM winners

Fenderxcore 05-11-2010 06:47 PM

Best totalled picture!...I got 2 diff occasions-_-

cherrington17 05-11-2010 07:10 PM

I'd like to see the racing category share a group with something too. Theres a small racing/track population and most usually don't take cameras (or have worthy shots)

maybe have track/racing/action since all 3 are low submissions.

as for the new category(ies) i have no ideas. :banghead:

Oldsnut 05-11-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenderxcore (Post 542049)
Best totalled picture!...I got 2 diff occasions-_-

I don't know if totaled Aleros is what we want. We are here to build em and keep them alive. Suggestion is duly noted though.

BlackJack 05-11-2010 09:20 PM

I vote MARCH to be "Best GTA/Roadkill shot".....any takers?

Redog 05-11-2010 10:15 PM

I agree with Chris on the racing pic post ;)

cherrington17 05-11-2010 10:36 PM

best beach could be replaced with "best summer shot" just something to show a car in a nice sunny/warm area...

Fenderxcore 05-11-2010 10:47 PM

Best pic with girl!

TxAlero 05-11-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenderxcore (Post 542087)
Best pic with girl!

+1:haha:

Oldsman 05-11-2010 11:35 PM

maybe best alero project. it will give those that are redo their car a chance.

i do like the best alero with a girl pic, however due to recent events must change it to best alero w/ model pic.

cherrington17 05-11-2010 11:48 PM

due to recent events? :huh:

and there will be like.... ZERO submissions. seriously, besides the few carshow guys, how many of us have access to models, to post for pics for a ONE month submission.

and pics with girls.. is too subjective. too many problems can occur. If its a g/f... bad breakup, now she wants her pic removed from the archive. And well all know we'll vote on who has a hotter girl in the picture, not the car.

Fenderxcore 05-12-2010 07:04 AM

Gotta admit it will be the most favorited/voted on AOTM poll haha

BlackJack 05-12-2010 07:42 AM

can we vote on a "new rule" ?

How about if you've won in the past with a specific picture, that same pic can not be submitted again in any category. I've been seeing the same pics pop up repeatedly in some events, or new pics must be submitted with a date stamp w/in the last 24 months?

This may be "Alero of the Month" but I guarantee most of the pics submitted weren't taken that month, LOL

Daytona 05-12-2010 07:47 AM

Some new categories:

1) Worst collision damage
2) "Ugliest girl"-on-car pic
3) Best transmission cross-member photo
4) Funniest pic
5) Most ridiculous mod (ugly paint color choices included)

worknprog.99 05-12-2010 10:18 AM

i like the combination of track/action and the best summer pic.. seeing as how i do not have a nearby beach lol

MattismodderX 05-12-2010 10:24 AM

best audio setup? n_n

rida125 05-12-2010 01:08 PM

The summer idea is pretty good. And like having like the super AOTM, maybe that person at the end of the year could win something, like mayber a T-Shirt, or something smaller like that.

that audio picture idea is pretty good. Because then you could look at what they have done for a box, it they have any colored lights in the trunk, and all that fun stuff.

Maybe you could have the dirtiest alero one. Because not all of us work or live on paved roads????

You could do the best shop shot; so like just any picture of you working in your shop getting stuff done on the hoe.

AbHeLlRaZoR 05-12-2010 10:51 PM

Should do one like chevy cobalt forum does there COTM every month, where you have to make a thread with some photos, explain why you should be AOTM, list of mods, and list of plans, any dyno graphs and time slips should be displayed too.

walkerj014 05-14-2010 08:13 AM

Best Summer theme

I see that there is winter and fall, lets get some Alero's having fun in the sun. (ie Beach, park, lake,etc etc...) maybe around the July time frame

cherrington17 05-14-2010 08:34 AM

probably better off for aug or sept. since you want it AFTER the summer... not mid summer.

if its july, then you still have 2 months of summer left for people to take pics.