Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Appearance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Pinstriping Tail Lights - 2 Problems (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5564)

alero_ecotec 02-08-2005 07:00 PM

So, I'd really like to pinstripe my tail lights. But I have 2 huge problems. #1 is that my car is red, and i dont know what color of pinstriping i could use that would work with my car. Can't be red because the tails are already red. Prob. #2 is that i have upgraded my tails to the really bright LED lights. And they're really nice to look at from behind. And i dont really wanna ruin the awesome effect they give................and ideas?

jabartram 02-08-2005 07:20 PM

don't pinstripe.

FrankNY 02-08-2005 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by alero_ecotec@Feb 8 2005, 07:00 PM
So, I'd really like to pinstripe my tail lights. But I have 2 huge problems. #1 is that my car is red, and i dont know what color of pinstriping i could use that would work with my car. Can't be red because the tails are already red. Prob. #2 is that i have upgraded my tails to the really bright LED lights. And they're really nice to look at from behind. And i dont really wanna ruin the awesome effect they give................and ideas?
Sorry to change the subject, but how did you upgrade to LEDs for the taillights? What size bulbs are you using? I purchased 3157 super bright red LED bulbs, which appear identical to stock as far as the push in connection, but don't work for some reason. :(

|Rev| 02-08-2005 08:23 PM

If you must do teh pinstriping, go with black, and if you don't want to pinstripe because of the hiding of the cool look, tint you tails. Or pinstripe them, see how they look, and if it doesn't look good, just take off the pinstriping... it's an easy cheap mod to "undo"

alero_ecotec 02-08-2005 08:31 PM

Just used special bulbs that i bought at Autozone. Fit in the regular connector but the way they are shapped they have much more surface are and everything. But obviously you must know how LED lights look..............little trick with yours not working, did you try putting them in both ways? like, flipping it around when one way didnt work?

FrankNY 02-08-2005 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by alero_ecotec@Feb 8 2005, 08:31 PM
Just used special bulbs that i bought at Autozone. Fit in the regular connector but the way they are shapped they have much more surface are and everything. But obviously you must know how LED lights look..............little trick with yours not working, did you try putting them in both ways? like, flipping it around when one way didnt work?
Thanks, I'll try that...... ;)

AlbinoMonkeyRat 02-08-2005 09:20 PM

^ another thing with the LED's: sometimes you have to take it apart and put in a resistor so it doesn't blow a fuse. I blew a couple fuses with the LED tails. I never bothered to put the resistor in though. Too Lazy.