Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Appearance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dash replacement and pass airbag (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18861)

Ryan from Ohio 08-24-2007 12:30 PM

Dash replacement and pass airbag

When replacing the dash pad, is it possible to re use the passenger air bag, or does that need to be replaced also.

Also what comes out first, getting the air bag out or pulling the dash pad away from the air bag?

My dash is all getting ridges in it as many do. I would like to fix it.

Just read about people glassing their dashes... Interesting but Im sure it would look like shit!

:lol:

AGT 08-24-2007 12:39 PM

Reuse the airbag.

The dash itself is just a cover

pimpalero2003 09-26-2007 04:46 AM

take ur glove box out make sure u have batt disconcted there is 2 13mm nuts i belive thats the right size then un clip the 2 wires from the bag and then push it up and presto

XanderWiFi 09-14-2011 12:50 PM

The dash part is starting to peel up on mine. I really do not want to hunt down a whole different airbag if I can just glue the vinyl dash part that is peeling back down. Anyone have any experience with a simply peeling passenger airbag cover that is good other than peeling up? No burns or rips anywhere to require a replacement.

a.graham52 09-14-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanderWiFi (Post 596458)
The dash part is starting to peel up on mine. I really do not want to hunt down a whole different airbag if I can just glue the vinyl dash part that is peeling back down. Anyone have any experience with a simply peeling passenger airbag cover that is good other than peeling up? No burns or rips anywhere to require a replacement.

i wouldnt dare put any glue on the airbag cover itsself. might not take much to effect how the bag deploys and i wouldnt want to be responsible for that either. but if you can find a way have it it.

billytheman1188 09-14-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpalero2003 (Post 304996)
take ur glove box out make sure u have batt disconcted there is 2 13mm nuts i belive thats the right size then un clip the 2 wires from the bag and then push it up and presto

MAKE SURE you wait at least 5 min after disconnecting the battery to mess with the airbag. Even if the battery is unplugged it can still go off.

XanderWiFi 09-20-2011 03:38 PM

This just sucks...looks like it will just keep going I suppose. Damn Mexican sun. Nobody has ever glued one down before?

zearchyo 09-21-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanderWiFi (Post 596955)
Damn Mexican

careful kid, people seem to get offended easily here in the mod :lol:

XanderWiFi 09-22-2011 09:17 AM

Haha yeah, wouldn't want that big ball of fire to turn it's vengeance upon me. But seems like it already has.

In any case, anyone ever repair these things before?

BoarderTy 09-22-2011 12:18 PM

My vinyl was coming up from my airbag cover exposing the basketball textured plastic underneath I layed down some super glue and then put some weight on it and it stayed down that was about a month ago. I only did that to slow it down.

zearchyo 09-22-2011 09:16 PM

i read people buying dash pads, what ever does are