Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Aleromod.com Showcase (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Spray, seats, stuff. (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26506)

[ion] C2 03-26-2009 03:33 PM

Spray, seats, stuff.

Well, I'm sprayin.

Methanol, that is. Well, technically Blue Coral -20° windshield washer fluid since I couldn't find any local methanol too quickly. It's 35% methanol 65%ish water. Good enough.

Yes, spraying water into my engine! zomg hydrolock! Heheh.

Also installed some seats. Most pain in the ass tedious thing I've ever done on this car. Takata harnesses go on next week if all goes as planned.

Oh, also got a transmission cooler to fill mah bumper.

Vinalero 03-26-2009 03:38 PM

Those seats are awesome!!! Nice choice of color, not to fancy! I like!

Does that meth spray kit really makes a difference? I gotta maybe consider that on the long run.

cherrington17 03-26-2009 03:42 PM

i think i've asked before.... but i can't remember. is there any easy way to replace the seat belts themselves with a different color?

i'd like black seat belt straps... but i don't want to dye the current ones.. incase it bleeds out of the fabric... i/passangers end up with 2 black lines across their clothing = fail.

how much did those seats run? ... for the pair?

[ion] C2 03-26-2009 03:45 PM

@cherrington17: Not really... working at Takata I know the seat belt assemblies are annoying as hell to work with. I mean, you could probably do it, but I'm not familiar with the retractors and disassembly/reassembly capabilities. The seats were like $320 I think... I got them used over 6 months ago, they retail for $250 each I think.

@Vinalero: Roots blowers live off meth... I haven't done anything since I've installed it really besides one pass of tuning. Need to tune once more to get the AFR dialed in perfectly and then I can do a 0-60 run and then the quarter mile next week.

lonnie 03-26-2009 03:50 PM

What kinda horsepower gain with the windshield washer fluid?

billytheman1188 03-26-2009 03:51 PM

Nice! Those seats are niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice and i usually dont like aftermarket seats cause i dont think they would flow nice with the rest of the interior....but those look good.

Keep up the good work bro!

[ion] C2 03-26-2009 03:52 PM

@lonnie: Don't know, don't care. I'm about 1/4 mile. It chills the intake charge and raises the octane so I can tune spark advance more aggressively.

cherrington17 03-26-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 446024)
@cherrington17: Not really... working at Takata I know the seat belt assemblies are annoying as hell to work with. I mean, you could probably do it, but I'm not familiar with the retractors and disassembly/reassembly capabilities.

i wouldn't trust its safety if it was disassembled and reassembled anyway. so i wonder if the whole thing comes out and can be replaced with something different.

what would be the point of redoing an interior.. and still have seatbelts that dont' match at all????

[ion] C2 03-26-2009 03:54 PM

Oh, yeah, you can buy like Schroth 4 point harnesses that have retractors so it's comfortable and functional.

The stock pewter interior belts flow with pretty much any color, but my Takata harnesses are going to be green.. lol. Everyone recognizes the "Takata green."

cherrington17 03-26-2009 03:56 PM

i wouldn't.

i say yoru gay for having green seat belts. :lol:

billytheman1188 03-26-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrington17 (Post 446038)
i wouldn't.

i say yoru gay for having green seat belts. :lol:

BLUE! BLUE! BLUE!:lol::lol::lol:

heineck 03-26-2009 04:19 PM

Takata greens ftw

cherrington17 03-26-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 446035)
Oh, yeah, you can buy like Schroth 4 point harnesses that have retractors so it's comfortable and functional.

why would i want 4 point harnesses... when i don't have 4 points to secure it to?

racing belts in a stock car w/o proper anchor points ftl

[ion] C2 03-26-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrington17 (Post 446055)
why would i want 4 point harnesses... when i don't have 4 points to secure it to?

Of course you do... newb. Well the retractors you have to add mounting plates, but with the Takatas you secure the upper two belts to the existing rear seat buckle bolts, and the front side belts to the existing belt bolts.

Redog 03-26-2009 04:30 PM

^^ She needs to take off that seatbelt

Is the windshiel wsher trick worth it on NA cars? I read about that a long time ago in a rice mag

[ion] C2 03-26-2009 04:32 PM

Not really.

cherrington17 03-26-2009 04:35 PM

yeah.... seems very.... unsecure.

your mounting your restraints to something that will also be moving in the accident? pretty dumb. seatbelts are suppose to be anchored to rigid points. like our B pillar is, and roll cages are.

all those 4 points do is give the appearance of safety.. while not really adding anything.

and your seriously going with bright green seatbelts, in a car thats bright red, w/ gunmetal accents....

:emotlol: your gonna look like a fool!

Nate's Alero 03-26-2009 04:42 PM

No seatbelts FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ion] C2 03-26-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrington17 (Post 446064)
yeah.... seems very.... unsecure.

your mounting your restraints to something that will also be moving in the accident? pretty dumb. seatbelts are suppose to be anchored to rigid points. like our B pillar is, and roll cages are.

all those 4 points do is give the appearance of safety.. while not really adding anything.

What? They are. What did you miss? You connect the 4 point harnesses to the existing mounting locations. How did you come up with the blanket statement of all four point harnesses aren't any safer? Did you work at Takata or Autoliv or TRW? :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrington17 (Post 446064)
and your seriously going with bright green seatbelts, in a car thats bright red, w/ gunmetal accents....

:emotlol: your gonna look like a fool!

They only come in green. And they're Takatas, the best harnesses there are. Everyone knows about them... besides you.

heineck 03-26-2009 05:08 PM

U see any difference with that tranny cooler? I was lookin into that a while back