Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   General Performance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   hydrolock? (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23151)

Bmorezcmunee 07-24-2008 12:24 AM

hydrolock?

so i just got home from an extremely bad thunderstorm. raining cats and dogs and hard. anyway....as im driving through the beat up and pitted streets of baltimore.... i remembered my CAI in my fenderwell. as soon as i think about it my car starts jerking from taking water into the intake. i come to a red light and the car cuts off. this is the first time this has ever happened but then i have never been in a rainstorm that bad with a CAI with my HO. does anyone think it was just the engine sucking in water or a bigger issue?

01silveralero 07-24-2008 12:26 AM

it shouldnt really be hydrolocked

jayson_waltz 07-24-2008 12:35 AM

um, engine sucking in water would BE the bigger issue. that WILL ruin it.

BlackJack 07-24-2008 12:47 AM

yes, hydrolock is a possibility in this case. Pull ALL of the plugs at one time (making a note of which came from what cylinder, check them for moisture, and crank the engine over, watch for water to spit out the plug holes. Also, check for film (water) in the oil.

[ion] C2 07-24-2008 06:32 AM

i've gone though such terrible weather for 6 hours straight with my CAI without any issues. you cannot suck up water unless you go through a puddle deep enough to cause the end of your tubing to be submerged in the water. and long enough to have it get to the engine.

Bmorezcmunee 07-24-2008 08:51 AM

well it does start up fine now. just wondering if anyone had an experience similar to this

Vtolds 07-24-2008 10:31 AM

I would just change your oil and filter to be safe. Maybe get yourself a AEM bypass Valve so it doesn't happen again.

Bmorezcmunee 07-24-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vtolds (Post 373585)
I would just change your oil and filter to be safe. Maybe get yourself a AEM bypass Valve so it doesn't happen again.

what i suck some seafoam into the intake to disperse any water? you think that would help? and put some in the oil?

BlackJack 07-24-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vtolds (Post 373585)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmorezcmunee (Post 373627)
what i suck some seafoam into the intake to disperse any water? you think that would help? and put some in the oil?

Your response had absolutely nothing to do with what he suggested.

He said CHANGE YOUR OIL AND FILTER. he said nothing about adding seafoam to your oil. He said nothing about sucking some seafoam into the intake. However, you can suck whatever you want into wherever you want for all I care.

That means dump all of your oil out, put a new filter on, and then refill with oil.

If you aren't going to be able to correctly interpret intelligent solutions, please don't ask questions.

Seafoam is primarily for cleaning off sludge, debris and buildup in your intake tract and fuel system.

[ion] C2 07-24-2008 01:38 PM

Damn BlackJack you are on a pwning spree.

Bmorezcmunee 07-24-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackJack (Post 373633)
Your response had absolutely nothing to do with what he suggested.

He said CHANGE YOUR OIL AND FILTER. he said nothing about adding seafoam to your oil. He said nothing about sucking some seafoam into the intake. However, you can suck whatever you want into wherever you want for all I care.

That means dump all of your oil out, put a new filter on, and then refill with oil.

If you aren't going to be able to correctly interpret intelligent solutions, please don't ask questions.

Seafoam is primarily for cleaning off sludge, debris and buildup in your intake tract and fuel system.

maybe if you paid attention to what i was suggesting you wouldnt have a dumbass remark. seafoam disperses water because it is petroleum. only a logical question. now why you dont think that is intelligent....i have no idea. maybe you should take an IQ test you retard.

:drunk: <-------------BlackJack

kill yourself

Vtolds 07-24-2008 01:49 PM

oh, god just lock this. Nothing good is going to come from this topic now.

Bmorezcunee your just egging it on. Let it roll of your shoulders and you will have a better experience on here.

Bmorezcmunee 07-24-2008 02:02 PM

yeah im a long time viewer before joining finally. i know how it gets here but that wasnt even called for. he basically said i was not intelligent because i thought outside the box. if i saw petroleum disperses water and we are talking about hydrolocking , lets put 2 and 2 together. just cause hes having a bad day doesnt mean i need to hear it. who skips over key parts in a complete sentence anyway? what school did this 'tard go to.....

rowdygls 07-24-2008 02:16 PM

What Vtold recommended and what you asked are two completely different things. If you asked your question outright instead of quoting Vtolds, it wouldn't have sounded like you were coming from left field.

On to the issue at hand...I had something similar happen and it cleared itself out. But I think Vtolds had the best advice for you so far. I don't think seafoam will help you with your issue as BJ was explaining it's more for sludge and buildup. Seafoam isn't WD-40.

Nate's Alero 07-24-2008 02:17 PM

Easy! man dont take that road with anyone on here! everyone on here is a friend with each other! you mess with one you mess with all! (not speaking for anyone because ive seen some pretty bad fights on here) just take it easy and be cool! i dont know much about intakes because i dont have one for this reson(i am afraid of sucking water into my motor) but alot of other people do and just listen to them...they know ALOT!

BlackJack 07-24-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmorezcmunee (Post 373627)

why kill myself when I can laugh at you. If you don't want to sound retarded, then learn to proof-read your posts before hitting the submit button, you silly little shit.

I read your post three times, and still got the same message.

try this: "what IF i suck some seafoam into the intake......"

That makes it sound more like a new question.

effin noobs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmorezcmunee (Post 373653)
yeah im a long time viewer before joining finally. i know how it gets here but that wasnt even called for. he basically said i was not intelligent because i thought outside the box. if i saw petroleum disperses water and we are talking about hydrolocking , lets put 2 and 2 together. just cause hes having a bad day doesnt mean i need to hear it. who skips over key parts in a complete sentence anyway? what school did this 'tard go to.....

I went to the school that learned if you have liquid in a cylinder that causes hydrolock, not to add MORE liquid to it. who's the 'tard now?

Nate's Alero 07-24-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackJack (Post 373661)

effin noobs.

roffhms!

Bmorezcmunee 07-24-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackJack (Post 373661)
why kill myself when I can laugh at you. If you don't want to sound retarded, then learn to proof-read your posts before hitting the submit button, you silly little shit.

I read your post three times, and still got the same message.

try this: "what IF i suck some seafoam into the intake......"

That makes it sound more like a new question.

effin noobs.

I went to the school that learned if you have liquid in a cylinder that causes hydrolock, not to add MORE liquid to it. who's the 'tard now?

and what is your degree in? a Masters in Menstruation Reenactment? why dont you just admit your little outburst earlier was ignorant and uncalled for? and in case you didnt learn at school for the socially inept that seafoam is PETROLEUM. water and oil a 2 different things.

Nate's Alero 07-24-2008 03:05 PM

lock lock lock lock lock!!

Bmorezcmunee 07-24-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate's Alero (Post 373683)
lock lock lock lock lock!!

yes please lock this thread. Blackjack is on his period and his tampon is all soaked up