Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   02 Sensor codes (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30378)

Th0r 02-03-2010 02:05 PM

02 Sensor codes

I had a CEL for a month and just figured it was my post-cat 02 since I have no cat converter. Finally hooked a Tech2 up to it and pulled these codes:

P0130 - Circuit Closed Loop (CL) Performance Sensor 1
P0133 - Slow Response Sensor 1

So this in the pre-cat sensor in my header. It's only a month old and I'm not sure how it could be faulty already so I'm not wanting to throw a sensor at it yet. While testing a few other things I noticed that I was only pulling 1.9v from the PCM side O2 harness. Traced the wires as far back as I could and they appear fine. Now I thought normal operating voltage was in the 4-4.5v for the sensor. Is this correct or does the supercharged re-flash change the voltage for any reason?

AtomicX 02-03-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Th0r (Post 523772)
I had a CEL for a month and just figured it was my post-cat 02 since I have no cat converter. Finally hooked a Tech2 up to it and pulled these codes:

P0130 - Circuit Closed Loop (CL) Performance Sensor 1
P0133 - Slow Response Sensor 1

So this in the pre-cat sensor in my header. It's only a month old and I'm not sure how it could be faulty already so I'm not wanting to throw a sensor at it yet. While testing a few other things I noticed that I was only pulling 1.9v from the PCM side O2 harness. Traced the wires as far back as I could and they appear fine. Now I thought normal operating voltage was in the 4-4.5v for the sensor. Is this correct or does the supercharged re-flash change the voltage for any reason?

I had this problem when I installed my Pacesetter header.
To fix it I had to get a heated 02 sensor.

Th0r 02-03-2010 03:13 PM

Did you have the same voltage as me?

AtomicX 02-03-2010 03:28 PM

I didn't measure the voltage.
Do you have a header ?
If so, just get the heated o2 sensor and wire the heat wires to the heat wires of the 02 sensor after the cat, because that one is heated.

[ion] C2 02-03-2010 03:47 PM

new o2 sensor, might as well get a nice heated one

guiguilandry 02-03-2010 08:57 PM

yep got the same code after my header install on my ld9... get a heated one... for the voltage no, it is not supposed to give you 4,5 volt,, this is a narrowband sensor 0-1v, not a wideband 0-5v......

Th0r 02-05-2010 11:10 AM

Ok, so what sensor would you recommend? Happen to have a Delco number?

guiguilandry 02-06-2010 12:52 AM

use the post cat one, you just have to switch both connectors and to extend the heater wires to the front sensor location... that way you won't have the codes : rear 02 sensor no activity and the rear heater sensor malfunction... and at the same time it'll stop the slow response code and you'll have a front heated sensor....

Th0r 02-08-2010 01:10 PM

I'm not following 100%. Are you saying to buy a post sensor for the front and wire it up? Or are you saying move the post sensor to the front and wire it into both front and rear harnesses and plug up the post sensor hole?

guiguilandry 02-08-2010 09:16 PM

take the pre and post sensor... switch them place.... now cut both connector of the sensor and switch them so that you can plug the heated one(originally post, but now pre) in front... and just extend the heater wire of the original post cat sensor to the front one... and replug the signal wires.... like that it is the front one that have 4 wires and the rear that have only 2 wires..... ;)