Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Appearance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Adjustable Headlamps (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38304)

Dynamix 01-11-2015 09:23 AM

Adjustable Headlamps

Hi guys,

for everyone who is looking for the adjustable Head Lamps, should check out eBay Germany :)

I found the control unit there, maybe it could be helpful for someone :)

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Schalter-Olds...item41823c9910

tw0123 01-11-2015 10:22 AM

I don't understand German though :(

Any way you could find out if they'd be willing to ship to Canada? I have no issues paying shipping just need to know if they'll ship over here...

Or would you be willing to buy one and then ship it to me after you receive it?

Thanks for the link though!

sleepyalero 01-11-2015 12:04 PM

Will probably never see that again.

03glgold 01-11-2015 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw0123 (Post 659449)
I don't understand German though :(

Any way you could find out if they'd be willing to ship to Canada? I have no issues paying shipping just need to know if they'll ship over here...

Or would you be willing to buy one and then ship it to me after you receive it?

Thanks for the link though!

I used chrome to look at it and google translate made it so I could read it.

Papa Rad17 01-12-2015 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepyalero (Post 659451)
Will probably never see that again.

thats what im afraid of, If I had the lights I'd be all over this. I hope whoever end up with this puts it to good use.

Dynamix 01-12-2015 12:48 AM

Well, I could translate the auction text if you like :) Any specific part you want to have translated?

Do not be afraid of the shipping, they will ship it worldwide according to the shipping details ;)

These control modules will cost about 35 dollars without shipping. The left one is to control the adjustable headlamps and the rear fog lights and the right one is to control the interior lamps and the front fog lights. Unfortunately this is without the wirings and the motors you will need for the adjustable headlamps. I think at least the motors should be available new. Could be worth to be checked out by your local GM dealer ;) As far as I know GM part numbers are active worldwide as long as they are still valid :)

tw0123 01-12-2015 09:24 AM

I have a set of the Euro headlamps that have the motors attached... if anything I'd still need the pin connector to plug into to wire them up

Dynamix 01-12-2015 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw0123 (Post 659460)
I have a set of the Euro headlamps that have the motors attached... if anything I'd still need the pin connector to plug into to wire them up

Any chance to get this stuff from GM directly?

tw0123 01-12-2015 03:00 PM

I have to have parts numbers and a wiring schematic to go to the dealer here... and being 10+ years old chances are minimal they have them...

Dynamix 01-12-2015 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw0123 (Post 659471)
I have to have parts numbers and a wiring schematic to go to the dealer here... and being 10+ years old chances are minimal they have them...

If you have the part numbers, I could check if there is a GM dealer in Germany who is able to order the missing parts. I received my recall letter from a company that seems to be one of GM´s biggest part distributors in Europe.

Its worth a try! :)

jawa 01-12-2015 09:18 PM

hell if i just got the plugs i could wire in my own switch

Papa Rad17 01-13-2015 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jawa (Post 659482)
hell if i just got the plugs i could wire in my own switch

take a look at schematics before you go wiring things up. theres a good chance theirs some supporting circuitry there. For example, those may be survo motors and run on pulsating instead of constant DC.
If you are unable to find the actual plugs you may be able to get away with an individual plug for each wire to crimp on, then seal up the back of the port. If someone can provide schematics or links to them I could tell you have much of pitta it would be.
Keep us up to date on the GM supply situation!

jawa 01-13-2015 09:36 AM

agreed, i would like to see a wiring diagram for the adjusters and switch

Redog 01-13-2015 05:09 PM

Looks like it's ended :(

tw0123 01-13-2015 05:55 PM

I was looking at the other pictures of the adjusters and it shows the pigtails and about 3"of wire... shouldn't be too hard to scheme up some wires to make it work!

Papa Rad17 01-13-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw0123 (Post 659501)
I was looking at the other pictures of the adjusters and it shows the pigtails and about 3"of wire... shouldn't be too hard to scheme up some wires to make it work!

no, not at all. I took a good look at ryans euro headlights when I did them and all the 'fancy' stuff is already there it looked like. I just want to know what all is going on at the switch. Keep us up to date on progress with this, I'm very interested.