Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   LA1 3400 Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Over heating problems (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37503)

Garnetdawn 10-20-2013 11:13 AM

Over heating problems

Okay so yesterday as I was driving to a cookout and my temp gauge is about at the halfway mark and and not five minutes later it is pegged all the way at the top red mark with the temp light going off, so I stop and let it cool down as iIstart driving I noticed that when I am at a stand still(at a light or stop sign) the temp gauge is going up...anyone have an idea to whats going on? NOTE: yes my coolant reservoir is filled I checked this upon letting it cool down is filled to the top plus it was like 53 degrees out yesterday

sleepyalero 10-20-2013 12:07 PM

Id look into replacing thermostat. Sounds like its stuck closed.

Garnetdawn 10-23-2013 12:01 AM

Well also I have no heat so i'm guessing its the whole unit at this point? I'm not totally sure it has happened since then so i'm still here scratching my head

fisdad 10-23-2013 12:07 AM

Check your coolat levels. If the car only heats up while stopped but cools back down when you drive it may be a water pump issue.

You could also have a clog if your reservoir isn't filling the radiator?

If your carpet is wet it's a bad heater core most likely.

Or like sleepy said check your thermostat.

Worst case you have a bad head gasket? Usually this is accompanied by white smoke from your tailpipe.

These are the symptoms of issues I've had with my many cars over the years.

WIALERO 10-23-2013 06:45 AM

mine heats up when i sit in the drive threw new water pump thermostat (190 :c ) and limg/uim gasgets but still gotta do heads ive never had white smoke at all ?

thermostat will run you 20-25$
water pump ran me 30$
uim/limgs ran me 50-70$
plus temp sensor was 12$

you could try these and see water pump took me an hour thermostat 30 min water temp sensor 5 min uim/limg took me and jawa 4 hours ( it was a slow kinda day) might take you less ( i no im lazy!)

for the no heat could be thermostat so check it and what fisdad is saying with others

a.graham52 10-23-2013 08:01 AM

Try bleeding the cooling stem and see if there is indeed any air in that part of the system. If there is then u know u have it getting in somehow

Redog 10-24-2013 01:14 AM

Head gasket check is easy.

Open the hood with the car running and do quick revs with the throttle body while watching the coolant bottle. If the coolant goes away real quick and then comes right back, it's a head gasket. Combustion gasses in your cooling system.

You did say "no heat" so first thing I would change is the thermostat. They are only $12, and pretty easy to change out (easier if you do not have your airbox anymore)

The water pump is easy. I did mine in 2011 on a cold February morning, right after 12 hours on the 3rd shift, in my mom's driveway. Took my 1.5 hours, but I also changed both the upper and lower hoses too. My upper was collapsed when the car was off, and they were 11 years old, so I figured what was another $35 for hoses ;)

MilzyZ34 10-31-2013 01:24 PM

could also be air bubble in cooling system.

Garnetdawn 11-17-2013 02:24 PM

I know its been while ( busy finishing football)but she is currently in the shop and Redog you were partly right it was the Water pump and then that caused the Head gaskets to blow and the No heat and defrosters was due to the fact air was in the radiator cant seem to keep air from staying out.. even after letting it run for about 20 minutes with the pressure cap off and letting the air boil out...hoping to get it back either tomorrow or tuesday

MilzyZ34 12-03-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garnetdawn (Post 648397)
I know its been while ( busy finishing football)but she is currently in the shop and Redog you were partly right it was the Water pump and then that caused the Head gaskets to blow and the No heat and defrosters was due to the fact air was in the radiator cant seem to keep air from staying out.. even after letting it run for about 20 minutes with the pressure cap off and letting the air boil out...hoping to get it back either tomorrow or tuesday

remove the upper heater hose from the heater tube, and pour in coolant until it comes out there, then pour a little more in. Then put the hose back on and fill it up. This will save you a lot of time trying to bleed it.