Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Paint and Body Work (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   **Interior Painting** (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36144)

Brandonalero 07-16-2012 03:32 PM

**Interior Painting**

Hey so i bought dupli color vinyl/fabric paint the other day and started to paint interior parts of my car (2002 alero coupe). i have painted the small pieces like the seat belt clips and fuze box covers black. I was wondering to do the rest of the interior should i take each piece out ? or is there a way that i can paint it all inside the car just tapeing the parts i dont want to get paint on off. Maybe anyone who has done this before can elaborate on their technique they used thanks!!

jhubbz 07-16-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandonalero (Post 621323)
Hey so i bought dupli color vinyl/fabric paint the other day and started to paint interior parts of my car (2002 alero coupe). i have painted the small pieces like the seat belt clips and fuze box covers black. I was wondering to do the rest of the interior should i take each piece out ? or is there a way that i can paint it all inside the car just tapeing the parts i dont want to get paint on off. Maybe anyone who has done this before can elaborate on their technique they used thanks!!

Oh good God... Unless you are absolutely sure you know you are going to like it and not regret it later, this can turn out disastrous. Just make sure it isn't anything gaudy.

Also, reminds me of this glorious thread

Oldsnut 07-16-2012 06:15 PM

Oh Good Lord I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Thank God you didn't choose Behr house paint and a roller. ;)

cavaliers60 07-16-2012 07:51 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Why oh why do these keep coming up?!? Such horrible memories it brings back! And I still live with my "great idea" to paint my interior....... :(
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Seriously, dude.... DON'T DO IT!!! A few trim pieces isn't bad, but noooooooo carpet painting, noooo painting seats, no painting dash, no doors, and NOOOOOO headliner..... You WILL regret it when it either starts to peel off, or fade REALLY fast...

03Sleepr 07-16-2012 08:07 PM

bahaha, out of all the threads I've seen on here I've never heard of anyone painting there interior and being glad they did...

MMGT1 07-16-2012 08:38 PM

Sounds like he's already made the leap... If your painting it man, do take the parts out of the car, degrease the hell out of it, scuff the shine off every bit or each part and don't try to "final coat" anything in one go... lol

zman246 07-16-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMGT1 (Post 621341)
Sounds like he's already made the leap... If your painting it man, do take the parts out of the car, degrease the hell out of it, scuff the shine off every bit or each part and don't try to "final coat" anything in one go... lol

100% right. Do it the right way or the paint will just come off later. Good luck :)

xXManwhoreXx 07-16-2012 11:38 PM

Best idea right now is to just drink all that paint

Brandonalero 07-17-2012 06:20 PM

hahahahahahah yeah im not going all out im just painting the trim of the ac and stuff like that a nice black not touching the seats or and fabric . im tihnking about doing the door panels if i knew how to post a picture ill post one when im finished!

xXManwhoreXx 07-17-2012 06:22 PM

Oh ok I got scared... Black is nice

sleepyalero 07-17-2012 06:29 PM

i wouldnt do the whole panel, instead of paint you should get carbon fiber vinyl and do your shift bezel, radio bezel, door bezels and all that. a guy on gagt has been doin it to his GA and it actually looks really really good.

DRM Racing 07-17-2012 07:17 PM

god i would love to see the carbon forber inserts...

DRM Racing 07-20-2012 01:36 PM

just remember though if and when you start painting prep, prep, prep. make sure to light sand all your parts but dont use to rough a grit or it will come out like shit. I would recommend 220 to 500 grit. then primer, paint, then clear for protection. dont rush it though otherwise you will get runs and cracking...