Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Common Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Beat Up Alero (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9825)

gre0481 10-31-2005 11:10 PM

So it turns out that October is my lucky month.

Not sure why, just hasn't been so lucky.

Last wednesday I was on my way to work. Like Kampher, I was in an accident.

going from east to west through a 4 way stop. Light turns yellow as I pass over the white line, older lady is heading east to west, turning south (left)
It was either hit her, or 2 other cars, so i hit the brakes and knocked her rear bumper. They say she received more damge. Aesthetically, it didn't look like it, but her radiotor sprung a leak. (hit her in the rear) I smashed my driver side headlight, fog, corner of hood, driverside fender, wheel well, bumper. Tallied up to 3,700 dollars worth of damge. I have to go to a hearing to sort out who's at fault, because technically I had the right away, and she should have stayed put sitting at a yellow light. One witness gave a report, and she just said I came outta no where .
Accidents suck, a unch of he said she said. Cars in the shop till november 11th, hopefully quicker than that.

Driver an 04 subaru legacy with a sixer. Peppy, just not a fan of the ricer sound and ride.

I get updated pics everyday on how the progress is going through the collission site. Unfortunately, they have just been posting pictures from the estimate. A new one each day.

Enjoy pics :P

jackal2000 10-31-2005 11:15 PM

bummer man, that rim doesnt look damaged which is good

gre0481 10-31-2005 11:19 PM

Yeah,

Brand new tires and rims, didn't wanna lose that too. I was hoping I could substitute after market parts (which would be cheaper) insurance doesn't allow that though. I plan on checking em all on the balancer just to make sure, and the alignment. Only mechanical damge was a little crackage to that air box, and a power steering leak. Line somewhere. Hidden pretty well. I drove it to the collission shop, I just had to top off the power steering because It has that slow leak.

I do think these are pretty crash safe cars.

gre0481 11-07-2005 10:47 AM

updated pics, not out of the woods yet, but close

jackal2000 11-07-2005 12:10 PM

fender looks good

kwhauck 11-07-2005 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gre0481@Oct 31 2005, 10:19 PM
Yeah,

Brand new tires and rims, didn't wanna lose that too. I was hoping I could substitute after market parts (which would be cheaper) insurance doesn't allow that though.

Any insurance company does, all you have to do is ask for a check to be made to you and then order the aftermarket parts yourself....it doesn't matter what parts you use, as long as it is fixed the insurance company can't say a thing...

slowandlow 11-09-2005 10:47 PM

that is true. but some will olny repair cost back to stock and some will repare back to what you had.

cannaert 11-09-2005 11:01 PM

1.Look nice. How bad was the unibody and do you how much they had to pull it.

2.But at the same time the Cheaper that fix the happier they are. I am learing about how much it sucks to be a Body repair man and the insurance company. But also how to screw them.