Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Audio, Video & Security (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Remote Start (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38307)

Papa Rad17 01-13-2015 02:18 PM

Remote Start

I had choose a project for my electronic applications class. I selected a 4 channel receiver/transmitter with code protection (cant hijack it's signal and use a foreign device). After the class I will be installing it in the alero, 2 channels for lock/unlock, one, or two, left over if needed for the remote start. Its a simple 12v relay system so install for the locks will be easy, but-
I'm having trouble finding the schematics I want for the ignition and to bypass the clutch. ANYONE have experience with doing this? Is there any reason I should not be allowing the car to start, in Neutral of course, but with the clutch still physically engaged? Where are some good resources for vehicle schematics? Thanks all in advance!

a.graham52 01-13-2015 05:56 PM

donot wire in a remote start in a manual. you are asking for a world of problems with safety, your safety, bystanders safety, safety of the people who borrow your car and dont know about it, so on and so forth.

Papa Rad17 01-13-2015 09:50 PM

People who borrow my car and I don't know about it? You clearly dont know the kind of person I am or the company I keep. /
I am aware of what happens if someone gets stupid and attempts that when I left it in gear for parking under certain conditions. Hence my not leaping in splicing some wires together and clicking buttons to see what I can make happen. I have every intention of designing a lock out for said situation if possible. Thats why I'm here asking questions, and looking for information.

edit- people who borrow my car and dont know about what the pretty purple buttons on the remote do, i misread that. People don't borrow my car, period. In some extreme event where someone actually knew how to drive stick and needed to, I would be there with them. Otherwise, people simply dont drive my car, period.

tw0123 01-15-2015 08:30 AM

Ross had issues with his auto start on his manual ecotec... ill try to send him a text today to get him to refresh my memory on what all happened... basically if I remember right, it was causing bcm issues and not allowing the car to run properly... something about the manuals not liking the auto start lol!!

Papa Rad17 01-15-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw0123 (Post 659545)
Ross had issues with his auto start on his manual ecotec... ill try to send him a text today to get him to refresh my memory on what all happened... basically if I remember right, it was causing bcm issues and not allowing the car to run properly... something about the manuals not liking the auto start lol!!

I could see it. Thanks for the heads up, let me know what you find out please!