Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Appearance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Redog out of hiding!! 56K beware (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22599)

Redog 06-20-2008 09:30 AM

OK to answer all questions:

The paint job was done at my wife's work. I don't know what kind of paint system they used, but I do know that it's a Automotive trade school and it was done by a bunch of kid just outta high school. Don't get to excited, the teacher was extra strict about the work being done becuase he knew the car was going to a car show. I can't get anybody else paint or body work, not even my own mother. So please don't ask. The only moeny it cost me was for the paint, $250, and they only paint parts of a car, not the entire car. Even I'm going to have to go elsewhere for the Delta's paint job in a few years.

The exhaust was done by Meineke on Street Road in Southampton. The shop is next to the Walgreens on the corner of 2nd Street Pike and Street Road. If you go there, tell them you saw the work on the red Alero with the dual 44's and backwards "Y" pipe. The guy knows his shit. I would recommened them. They are a little expensive, but worth the money.

Calm down dude. Yes it's a dash cap. Really the only downfall to it is I now have a plastic dash. I bought it on eBay for $149.99. Shipping was free if you used "Buy It Now" I have yet to email the guy pics of the conpleted product. You get a tube of clear silcone with the cap. I probably could have used a bit more, but I only used less than 1/8 the tube. It's an easy install. The hardest parts are the steering wheel and if you have a "A" piller guage pod, you will have to remove it to put the pad in place. It does clear the pod on the pillar and the part of the dash the bottom gauge hangs over. It the heat, mine is swelling a bit (leather under the pad) but it's no big deal. You also need a day above 60* for more than 8 hours. Shouldn't be a problem now. His user name is "azbob*1" He ships fast

The 3400 engine cover I bought right from GM parts direct. I do suggest taking the part number to the dealer and buying it there. GMPD prices are cheap, but shipping is very high. Most times you'll pay just a little bit above the dealership price for your items. 24504184 is the cover and 24504832 is the oil extention. It's shipped gray with silver letters. I had a real hard time painting it. I wanted it to be black with red numbers, it's a long story invovling blue painters tape, brake cleaner, flat black plastic paint, and bubbling GM 81 touch up paint, took me over 6 weeks to get it right, and it's still not right :cry:

The V-6 emblem is off a 94 Pontaic Grand Am. They also use it on the Vue. Got it at the dealership years ago. It's been on the car since 2001 ;)

YALEROYNOT 06-20-2008 09:35 PM

looks good bro

2fast2furious01 06-20-2008 10:53 PM

Thanks Redog, i know where they're at. I will check them out. it's just a bit far from where i live but i work pretty close by.

m1r4g3_k1d 07-03-2008 08:43 PM

Probably a reold thread but I saw that you restored or got a new dashboard. Mine is cracked also beyong repair. It looks sick.... Kinda like a jagged mountaintop... ? lol - Anyway, I can only find trim... Did you do that custom or did you order it or what? Could you link me?

adam337 07-03-2008 09:12 PM

he had a ripply dash. Not cracked. he glued it down and put books on it to hold. youd know that if you would have read the posts..

Redog 07-03-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m1r4g3_k1d (Post 369043)
Probably a reold thread but I saw that you restored or got a new dashboard. Mine is cracked also beyong repair. It looks sick.... Kinda like a jagged mountaintop... ? lol - Anyway, I can only find trim... Did you do that custom or did you order it or what? Could you link me?

The info for the dash is in post #41 of this thread, top of page 3 ;)

sleepyalero 07-18-2013 06:38 PM

Looks like stock dash....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redog (Post 363761)
But the pipes aren’t exactly perfect :(

Remember how bad my dash was?

Well I fixed that too!!

With a lot of glue and weight LOL!!

Redog 07-18-2013 07:37 PM

Ummm, huh? :wtf2:

sleepyalero 07-18-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redog (Post 643627)

Meant to quote it in the "dash carpet" thread. Oopsie!

AleroB888 07-18-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redog (Post 643627)

Hey, while you're here, what glue did you use, and has it lasted?

mine is lifting at the glovebox

Edit: where'd he go ? lol

Edit: nm, read the thread

Redog 07-18-2013 09:57 PM

Don't know what brand glue. It came with it.

Bought the thing off az*bob on eBay. Was $150 when I bought it. the only thing I would do different is cut the pealed back part off. Instructions said not to

AleroB888 07-18-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redog (Post 643634)
Don't know what brand glue. It came with it.

Bought the thing off az*bob on eBay. Was $150 when I bought it. the only thing I would do different is cut the pealed back part off. Instructions said not to

Was it the "smelly" silicone? you know that kind, lol

Redog 07-19-2013 12:44 AM

I don't think so, it was more like model glue, but thicker

WreckItRoth 12-09-2014 11:22 PM

Looking good man. You said you found the stuff for your dash on ebay? Mine is starting to peel right above the glove compartment.

Redog 12-10-2014 01:47 AM

YEah, but they are all over the internet now. Just do a google search ;)

CharmfulPeace 07-01-2016 01:52 AM

Sorry to comment on an old post, but where, oh where, did you get your white cluster? I would love to put that in Izzy!

Redog 07-01-2016 12:51 PM

IDK if they even still make them. I know the company I bought them at is out of business.

Might be able to find some of them on eBay, but the indiglo ones. Mine uses factory lighting

CharmfulPeace 07-01-2016 01:28 PM

Alrighty, thank ya! Will look right now.