Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Yo. (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27167)

Switch. 05-12-2009 10:50 AM

Yo.

Just stoppin in to say hello. New to the forum, but not the forum concept and usage. I'm also fairly new to car scene seeing as I've had my 03 Alero for all of seven to eight months [first car]. So I joined this forum in hopes of getting tips and insight from the more experienced bunch.

Quick Small Profile:

Name: Devin

I've already starting planning and pricing out the order in which I want to make the modifications to the car so I've yet to buy anything but when I do I hope I'll have gained some more knowledge as to how to go about doing anything.

Anyways, hope to see ya'll around...oh and "Hi" haha

Nate's Alero 05-12-2009 10:58 AM

hey, use teh search button

Switch. 05-12-2009 11:02 AM

yeah. I've been doing that for a while now.

Nate's Alero 05-12-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switch. (Post 461826)
yeah. I've been doing that for a while now.

Great, a SMART new one.......

at least you know about forum rules, post some pics of the Ho here!

Trickyslick 05-12-2009 11:14 AM

Welcome and Have Fun!!!

cherrington17 05-12-2009 11:27 AM

17.... not a spaz... writes well... isn't hyper.

SWEET TAP DANCING JESUS! your rare. :lol:

welcome aboard.

Switch. 05-12-2009 11:31 AM

Haha thanks for the warm welcome.

I'll get some pics up in a bit. The car's all stock still so there's not much to look at. I'm in the process of fixing everything right now before I start modding it. I've got a dent to fix, a new paint job to do, and a few other things to take care of before anything really gets underway.

leoalero 05-12-2009 11:31 AM

Welcome man,pics of the alero,show us how she looks like!!

Switch. 05-12-2009 11:47 AM

Went out and took some quick pics with the cell. Took pics of three views and of the things I'm fixing/repairing before I do anything else.

Profile View:

Front view:

Rear View:

Right Headlight Paint Chipping (*cry*) :

Front Right Rim Lip tear:

Left Rear Panel Dent:

Interior Leather Pad:

Engine:

Engine Close-up:

cherrington17 05-12-2009 11:54 AM

so what do you have in mind, modding wise? or are you just looking to maintain?

Switch. 05-12-2009 11:59 AM

New Rims, an AAS body kit (unless I can find something better). Low-pro tires. Redoing the interior, a new paint job and new tints. Turboing the engine, adding struts, and anything else I can think of to make this car look and perform better.

To be honest I had no idea that Alero's were such customizable cars or how well they perform stock-wise compared to some other cars. I actually dusted a talon in this car and I love it that much more for it haha.

I'm always open for ideas as well if anyone wants to contribute an idea or suggestion for when I do start modding it.

cherrington17 05-12-2009 12:00 PM

i can't see pics at work(as many can't)... so.. what engine?

Switch. 05-12-2009 12:01 PM

3400 SFI stock engine

MattismodderX 05-12-2009 12:03 PM

you passenger airbag looks the same as when i bought mine... thats so annoying. i just ripped my off and sanded the shit out of it and cut the access foamy crap out with a razor blade

mach3 05-12-2009 12:04 PM

Welcome,

search for OSV kit on here, you'll like that a lot more, it's much classier kit. But read the posts before you run out and buy this. There some issues with this kit.

Switch. 05-12-2009 12:05 PM

I've thought about doing that but I think once I've started to redo the interior or at least gotten it to a point I'm satisfied with I might buy a dashmat and put it on there just to prevent cracking or further damage to the dash. But I'm not entirely sure yet.

Switch. 05-12-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mach3 (Post 461858)
Welcome,

search for OSV kit on here, you'll like that a lot more, it's much classier kit. But read the posts before you run out and buy this. There some issues with this kit.

I've actually been meaning to ask about that but I've endeavored in searching the meaning of OVS in the forums.

Since you've mentioned it here however might I ask what OVS stands for?

MattismodderX 05-12-2009 12:08 PM

dear god not the dashmat! its so ugly!

Switch. 05-12-2009 12:10 PM

Haha that's what I thought as first. But if you were to clean it up a bit I bet you could make it look ok. I hesitate to say good because I don't think that thing could look good no matter what you do to it. But I bet you could make it acceptable at best. I have a reflector but I hardly use it.

lonnie 05-12-2009 12:10 PM

Welcome to the site...Sorry to see that your car is shedding....lol but it happens to this vehicle.