Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   General Performance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Strange noise from my brake when i drive.. (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31021)

FrenkyBoii 04-02-2010 10:25 PM

Strange noise from my brake when i drive..

It seems to be a metal noise, when my brake start to get hot (like after 15min) i can heard a noise from my front driver side wheel. But, when i brake i can't heard the noise. It's just when i drive. It's Like a pulse noise.. faster i go faster the noise is. I check my caliper and my brake and its seems to be OK (no stuck and my pad are still good).
the bearing hub? my pad are not good?

if someone have an idea of what i can check please..

thanks in advance

02AleroEco 04-02-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrenkyBoii (Post 535780)
It seems to be a metal noise, when my brake start to get hot (like after 15min) i can heard a noise from my front driver side wheel. But, when i brake i can't heard the noise. It's just when i drive. It's Like a pulse noise.. faster i go faster the noise is. I check my caliper and my brake and its seems to be OK (no stuck and my pad are still good).
the bearing hub? my pad are not good?

if someone have an idea of what i can check please..

thanks in advance

I had the same noise start on me. if by noise u mean like a humming, then its wheel bearing

FrenkyBoii 04-02-2010 10:44 PM

i'm not sure if it's a humming sound, but it's sound like two parts of metal which rubs

do you know a way to check the wheel bearing? to be sure? and thanks for the help!

Kilroy 04-03-2010 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrenkyBoii (Post 535783)
i'm not sure if it's a humming sound, but it's sound like two parts of metal which rubs

do you know a way to check the wheel bearing? to be sure? and thanks for the help!

One method to check the wheel bearing, is to turn first to the left, then to the right. When you turn left, you unload the right wheel bearing. If it was making noise driving normal, then the noise would probably stop. At the same time, you load down the left wheel bearing, and if it is the problem, the noise might get louder. and of course vicey versey for turning the other way.

BlackJack 04-03-2010 02:03 AM

pulsing noise like metal rubbing and goes away when braking, might be a warped brake rotor.

XanderWiFi 04-03-2010 12:16 PM

Have you hit any large potholes or things that jammed your wheels badly? I popped a curb one time and bent a clip that was on the calipers to give me a metal on metal noise. If you can, put it up and spin the wheels and see if you can locate the noise. A shop will be happy to do it for you as well and it didn't cost me anything or much at all.

Wheel bearings are very distinct. Growling, rumbling, grinding sound but low and gravelly when increasing speed. Remember the old stationary workout bikes that took forever to get going on? Start out with a "brrr-rrr-rr-rr" sound. Something akin to that.

FrenkyBoii 04-03-2010 02:38 PM

alright thanks guy for your help i'll check this and hope to comeback with something!

FrenkyBoii 04-04-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanderWiFi (Post 535812)
Have you hit any large potholes or things that jammed your wheels badly? I popped a curb one time and bent a clip that was on the calipers to give me a metal on metal noise. If you can, put it up and spin the wheels and see if you can locate the noise. A shop will be happy to do it for you as well and it didn't cost me anything or much at all.

Wheel bearings are very distinct. Growling, rumbling, grinding sound but low and gravelly when increasing speed. Remember the old stationary workout bikes that took forever to get going on? Start out with a "brrr-rrr-rr-rr" sound. Something akin to that.

you have it right XanderWiFi! There was a clip that was on the caliper and give me and metal on metal noise. i check it and replace de clip and no more noise! thanks man really appreciate it.

AndyT3 04-04-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackJack (Post 535796)
pulsing noise like metal rubbing and goes away when braking, might be a warped brake rotor.

I second this.

Sounds like the typical GM disc brake pulsation issue. When you press on the brakes above about 45 MPH, do you feel any feedback in the pedal or steering wheel?

FrenkyBoii 04-05-2010 05:21 PM

yeah i got this problem too i think lol i got a little feedback in the pedal.. so my rotor should be warped?

Weazel 04-05-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyT3 (Post 535971)
I second this.

Sounds like the typical GM disc brake pulsation issue. When you press on the brakes above about 45 MPH, do you feel any feedback in the pedal or steering wheel?

I third that

AndyT3 04-06-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrenkyBoii (Post 536190)
yeah i got this problem too i think lol i got a little feedback in the pedal.. so my rotor should be warped?

Most likely yes, the rotor is warped. Do you feel the most feedback in the steering wheel itself or more in the pedal and the seat (from the rest of the car (ie. rear))?

FrenkyBoii 04-06-2010 05:24 PM

the most feedback come from the pedal .. not in the steering wheel

AndyT3 04-07-2010 11:54 AM

If its mostly in the pedal and not the steering wheel, then your back rotors most likely need to be turned (shaved back down so their flat on both sides) or replaced.