Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Fuel or such (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29960)

02AleroEco 12-27-2009 04:29 PM

Fuel or such

Ok so. my car dont start now. it started fine this morning. But i went out to my car on break and it wouldnt start.

Heres what i know it isnt. Battery, Starter, Alt.

When i turn the key, the car cranks and cranks and hits that point where it fires, and for a split second it does but then cuts out. i tried to start several times and it did the split second fire twice the other 6 or so times i tried just crank and crank. now it misfired a couple times in the few couple weeks which is why i think it may be fuel. i also called the local auto store around me and he said fuel as well. there is no pulse from the fuel relay when i turn the key to the on position. or no humm from it either. is it fuel or something else?

anyone else experience this. now off my car. my friend had a camry and this same thing happen before his engine went. but i dont think my engine is goin?

cherrington17 12-27-2009 04:56 PM

fuel pump/fuel filter

Vic28 12-27-2009 05:06 PM

do you hear your fuel pump when you open the switch????

Oh and the most given one, Make sure your security light is not flashing..just double checking.

02AleroEco 12-27-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic28 (Post 516802)
do you hear your fuel pump when you open the switch????

Oh and the most given one, Make sure your security light is not flashing..just double checking.

the security light is not on. its comes on while driving before but it doesnt blink, and that was like 3 months ago anywayss. but i fugured fuel pump as well. but one other thing i thought of was could it the injectors?

02AleroEco 12-28-2009 09:46 AM

Lolz grrrrr. i had hoped more people would give incite. but before i bring it to the mechanics, if i remember isnt there a fuel shutoff on our cars, that shuts off if certain things go wrong, like accidents?

Raziel 12-28-2009 10:38 AM

Sound like fuel pump, as was said before turn off anything in the car that makes noise (radio, climate controls etc)and see if you can hear the fuel pump come on, if it doesn't than you know the problem.

Another thing you could try..... get a rubber mallet and lightly tap ( not too light... but not too hard either) the fuel tank where the fuel pump is.(it sometimes gets them going)

and if all else fails, take it to the mechanic:eek:

Raz

02AleroEco 12-28-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raziel (Post 516893)
Sound like fuel pump, as was said before turn off anything in the car that makes noise (radio, climate controls etc)and see if you can hear the fuel pump come on, if it doesn't than you know the problem.

Another thing you could try..... get a rubber mallet and lightly tap ( not too light... but not too hard either) the fuel tank where the fuel pump is.(it sometimes gets them going)

and if all else fails, take it to the mechanic:eek:

Raz

Sooooo it started this morning. not passlock, security light wasnt on nor blinking. but its idling at 12-1300ish and i can hear a ticking from the cam area. Nate said coil pack.
are we all in agreement

Nate's Alero 12-28-2009 04:47 PM

well, test it by pulling all the plugs, and use a spark tester.. if there is no spark, or if it's yellow or weak looking, there is your answer

02AleroEco 12-28-2009 10:03 PM

okay. soooo

its apparently an issue with PASSlock, which caused ignition lock. so im just gonna get like a cheap system offline to fix it so i dont risk it happening again during winter. but now when i do this, will i need a bypass for passlock? or can i get the new sys and hook it up?

Redog 12-29-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02AleroEco (Post 516798)

When i turn the key, the car cranks and cranks and hits that point where it fires, and for a split second it does but then cuts out.

Alternator, happened to my car, same exact thing

colonel6632 12-29-2009 09:11 PM

ya, my car does the crank thing, fires for a second then stalls. then if you go to start it it turns over for a really long time before firing, then runs fine. if you give it gas during the long crank it fires.

i've always assumed fuel pump on the way out. it did it for my old motor, it does it sometimes on my new motor

Redog 12-29-2009 10:53 PM

If it's the pump, have somebody hit the center of the tank while your cranking, if it starts it the pump, but I doubt it because it wouldn't fire up at all

colonel6632 12-29-2009 10:57 PM

well my idea was his pump is starting to go

02AleroEco 12-30-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colonel6632 (Post 517167)
well my idea was his pump is starting to go

nope. lol. its PASSlock starting to go on me. and then yesterday my driverside caliper decides to be dumb, and piss brake fluid.
So brought it to my mechanics today and had to get both calipers, rotors and gave me new pads, for the front. 300 later problems all solved. now just the back and the brakes are all brand new

colonel6632 12-30-2009 08:04 PM

my driver caliper pisses fluid also, i just keep adding fluid, it eat the shit out of the paint on the rims, i'm waiting to do the big brake upgrade to fix it.

maybe my passlock is messing up too

02AleroEco 12-31-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colonel6632 (Post 517273)
my driver caliper pisses fluid also, i just keep adding fluid, it eat the shit out of the paint on the rims, i'm waiting to do the big brake upgrade to fix it.

maybe my passlock is messing up too

PASSlock makes me laugh! if i can see the job that it does when its not working. when its fully efftional i suppose its a good little system to have

doubleN0alero 12-31-2009 10:18 AM

I had the same issue with my accord...it would run and then it wouldn't...it was weird. I replaced the pump, not the pump...i replaced the relay...not the relay; that's when I got professional help. It turned out to be the ECU (IIRC).

shadow1050 01-24-2010 05:18 PM

Not from wat im reading it would be the pump mine went out while i was driving luckily it went at the top of the off ramp. It will be about 400 to 500 to replace.