Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   General Performance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   new calipers wierd problem? (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34539)

irondiezl3 07-30-2011 09:45 PM

new calipers wierd problem?

put some new calipers on today everything went great until the very end one side after bleeding just fine all the sudden wouldnt bleed at all. meaning it stopped pumping fluid whatsoever out. we checked everything over and over fluid was full pedal was fine no leaks anywhere just all the sudden nothing would come out. if i pulled the bleeder screw completely out then the fluid would come out. once i put the bleeder screw in even lose it wouldnt bleed. i checked with a bright loght there are no clogs anywhere. i tried a new bleeder screw same issue. i apologize for the spelling and grammer im just so frustrated does anyone have any idea what could be going on??

a.graham52 07-30-2011 09:59 PM

why did you replace your calipers? is it possible you have a brake hose problem?

irondiezl3 07-30-2011 10:03 PM

new ss lines installed 8 months ago they seem to be flowing fine

AlbinoMonkeyRat 07-31-2011 07:22 AM

bleeder screws (IIRC) have holes in them so the fluid flows through them. if they are tightened at the wrong torque, then the holes from the line through the screw and to the caliper won't line up and there will be no flow.

MMGT1 07-31-2011 09:18 AM

Im thinking along the same lines as AMR there. Did you check the bleeder to make sure it is not blocked?

Philbar71 07-31-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbinoMonkeyRat (Post 592908)
bleeder screws (IIRC) have holes in them so the fluid flows through them. if they are tightened at the wrong torque, then the holes from the line through the screw and to the caliper won't line up and there will be no flow.

Dont you mean the banjo bolts. The bolt that holds the line to the caliper.

a.graham52 07-31-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMGT1 (Post 592913)
Did you check the bleeder to make sure it is not blocked?

Quote:

Originally Posted by irondiezl3 (Post 592886)
if i pulled the bleeder screw completely out then the fluid would come out. once i put the bleeder screw in even lose it wouldnt bleed. i checked with a bright loght there are no clogs anywhere. i tried a new bleeder screw same issue.

its all right there

irondiezl3 07-31-2011 02:26 PM

so if you have the bleeder very very lose to lose it bleeds but once you get it any bit snug and when i say snug i mean not tight at all spins with finer still nothing dry again its really wierd there are no clogs in brake line or bleeder screw i dont see how the caliper would affect it looked clean to. we are both stumped :/

MMGT1 07-31-2011 05:38 PM

Thats right too, he did say that he tried a new bleeder, that's got me then. Doesnt make sence that it will bleed without a bleeder and locks up with even a new one in there.

a.graham52 07-31-2011 07:05 PM

idk anything about the ss lines. hers what i would try now that i have thought about it. have someone pump the brakes like you would if you were goign to bleed them. once they are holding pressure crack the brake hose at the caliper. have pressure? good. your issue is with the fitting at the caliper or the caliper its self. what no pressure? try cracking the line at the steel fitting on the body. have pressure there? then its probably the ss hose. my .02

irondiezl3 08-01-2011 12:25 AM

yea its got pressure all the way to the caliper once you tighten the line to the caliper to tight it wont bleed or once you tighten the bleerder even halfway it wont bleed so its gotta be something from the connection at the caliper or the bleeder. what about this? wierd but anything is possible at this point what if the washers are shot on this line and since they are so bad im actually overtightening the line so much to make up for the washers being bad that its cutting off the supply any chance that could be?

Philbar71 08-01-2011 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irondiezl3 (Post 592986)
yea its got pressure all the way to the caliper once you tighten the line to the caliper to tight it wont bleed or once you tighten the bleerder even halfway it wont bleed so its gotta be something from the connection at the caliper or the bleeder. what about this? wierd but anything is possible at this point what if the washers are shot on this line and since they are so bad im actually overtightening the line so much to make up for the washers being bad that its cutting off the supply any chance that could be?

Yes. you are supposed to set the banjo bolt at a specific torque setting. and those copper gaskets are one time use only.

irondiezl3 08-01-2011 12:48 AM

gotta be the gasket then i reused the gaskets