Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   How-To Archive & FAQ (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Clear corners (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10)

[ion] C2 06-24-2007 10:31 PM

its a recall, nothing you did

CarlitosWay 06-25-2007 10:13 PM

I put in some new bulbs and my turn signals, and hazards work for now....

but some birds attacked my car with bird shit so I cant show any pics....thats what I get for paking under a tree....

SIUlero 07-09-2007 09:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just joined the club! And I took the extra step to paint the bezels...unfortunately they came out horrible cause it's so HUMID here and I don't have anyplace indoors to paint. I'll have to redo that someday, but for now it looks ok unless you get right up on it.

Oldsnut 07-09-2007 09:11 PM

Looks good with black bezels.

NoSweat83 07-09-2007 09:29 PM

Def. looks better now then when I left. Good job... next time it will be even better. Did you get everything else done?

TheEdgeofSanity 07-15-2007 07:32 PM

i really like the look of the clear corners......is it something that could be done really easily? i've never done anything like this before.

SIUlero 07-15-2007 07:48 PM

Yes, it's really easy...I know it's a long thread, but I suggest you go through and read it all first...people have put up some really good pointers. I wish I had read it before I started....I would have used the freezer trick and probably saved myself an hour or so. :(

AleroGX04 07-15-2007 08:15 PM

I agree withSIUlero, this thread has become quite a help. Although in my case, i had no problem clearing the corners by following the instructions on the first page of this thread. Didnt need the freezer trick or anything. I got both done in a half hour, but i had a heat gun. :yahoo:

rustyballs_69 07-15-2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AleroGX04 (Post 290915)
I agree withSIUlero, this thread has become quite a help. Although in my case, i had no problem clearing the corners by following the instructions on the first page of this thread. Didnt need the freezer trick or anything. I got both done in a half hour, but i had a heat gun. :yahoo:

Heat guns are great! I used the oven though, works just fine.

lonnie 07-16-2007 08:01 PM

I found this to be one of the easiest mods yet. Thanks for the info guys

lonnie 07-16-2007 08:02 PM

I found this to be one of the easiest mods yet. Thanks guys for the info!

TheEdgeofSanity 07-17-2007 03:00 PM

so the oven doesn't melt anything?? i just don't want to be doing this and end up having to buy 2 new headlights and cleaning melted plastic outta the oven...

rustyballs_69 07-18-2007 10:40 PM

I just put it in the oven for 10 minutes on like 120*. It gets hotter than that here in phoenix and doesn't mess anything else up so i didn't think it would eff up the headlights. Worked like a charm.

lonnie 07-22-2007 07:20 PM

Piece of cake

I did mine summer of last year, and I used a heat gun from work its a lot easier to heat a section at a time and work your way around. After you get it apart the rest is a piece of cake. I didn't paint mine how ever, I just loved the chrome look with my rims and hoping to get some chrome trim for like the handles and b pilars and etc...

TheMeaningOfLife 07-25-2007 09:58 PM

Its is a nice mod and so far its probably my favorite! And if you dont have a heat gunbut you have time a hair dryer works just as well.

jayson_waltz 07-25-2007 10:02 PM

^ yea i just used a blowdryer. Even with just that it only took me about 7 hours to do both, thats including eating and screwing around on the net after 1 of them. I love the looks of clear corners lots better than stock.

meadus101 08-06-2007 10:37 PM

So now, The question is for me:

Once i take out the orange reflector, Is the Bulb Inside Clear or Amber?

I think Clearing the Corner and leaving just an Amber bulb would look fine.

So Am i going to need to buy bulbs to replace them with? Because I am going to need Amber Four Ways.

Since i'm here, If i wanted to replace my bulbs, Would i have to deal with all this Silicone Melting Bull?

One more thing.... Are the headlights of our cars Aimable? or do they just fit into the perfectly aimed position.

If they are aimable, Will clearing the corners and taking them out throw off said Aiming?

DOHC_tuner 08-06-2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meadus101 (Post 294227)
So now, The question is for me:

Once i take out the orange reflector, Is the Bulb Inside Clear or Amber?

I think Clearing the Corner and leaving just an Amber bulb would look fine.

So Am i going to need to buy bulbs to replace them with? Because I am going to need Amber Four Ways.

Since i'm here, If i wanted to replace my bulbs, Would i have to deal with all this Silicone Melting Bull?

One more thing.... Are the headlights of our cars Aimable? or do they just fit into the perfectly aimed position.

If they are aimable, Will clearing the corners and taking them out throw off said Aiming?

first off yes the bulb still is amber and you should keep it like that unless you dont care if the cops stop you like I dont care and second get the 3157 silvestar bulbs to complete the look so you dont see amber unless you light it up and third no they are not aimable, last start the project and you'll see for yourself

Gr1m 08-06-2007 10:42 PM

the signal blub is amber and the one behind the reflector is clear, if you look at the top of the headlight you will see a level (bubble in tube sort of deal) you can use a tool to aim your headlights if they are not proper

Ortz 08-19-2007 01:11 AM

ok just did this tonight,4.5 hours for both.fingers are crossed. what about the marker light behind the reflector,i know its clear but do i have to get an amber one to replace it,or do i leave it clear?if i do replace it can you get one that does not appear amber when not lit like the signal one?