Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Common Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Heated Seats? (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38305)

Dynamix 01-12-2015 12:03 PM

Heated Seats?

Hi everyone,

its me again :D As I looked for some Alero stuff on the internet, I realized that there were a few guys who want to sell their Alero. On at least 2 of this offers the sellers stated that their Aleros have heated seats. I googled a few hours, but I couldn't find anything on heated seats in Aleros.

My question: Are they really existing or did the sellers simply made a mistake?

Heated seats are the only thing I miss in the Alero ;)

Oldsnut 01-12-2015 12:17 PM

They might have transferred other GM seats into their Alero. I love the heated seats in my Aurora.

Dynamix 01-12-2015 12:18 PM

I can imagine that :) So bad they didnt offered the Aurora and the Intrigue in Europe. Especially the Aurora looks very nice in my opinion!

Garfield 01-12-2015 12:25 PM

Ore they could have added aftermarket heated seats from someone like PFYC. (I know I am planning on putting them in mine.)

Dynamix 01-12-2015 12:30 PM

Possible, I was just surprised cause as far as I know they never offered the Alero with heated seats. I think I should check what it will cost in germany to change that fact :D

Oldsnut 01-12-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamix (Post 659466)
I can imagine that :) So bad they didnt offered the Aurora and the Intrigue in Europe. Especially the Aurora looks very nice in my opinion!

THe Aurora must have been offered somewhere in Europe. There are several members form Russia on the Aurora forums. I love my Rora.

Dynamix 01-12-2015 01:44 PM

Ok, lets say they didnt sold it in western europe ;)

Nas Escobar 01-12-2015 04:30 PM

The Alero, Grand Am, and Malibu did not get heated seats. Sometimes people don't know what they're talking about and will say things like "my car has a V4" when they mean an Inline 4 or "custom work" when they're really off the shelf aftermarket parts (say for example, the Spyder lights... many call them custom but they were not one off things".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldsnut (Post 659469)
THe Aurora must have been offered somewhere in Europe. There are several members form Russia on the Aurora forums. I love my Rora.

A good percentage of cars end up getting exported when they go for sale at actions. Most of them are trade ins at dealers, but it's not unheard of for a car to travel around when they end up at auctions. My Grand Am was from NY originally but found its way to the DC area. I almost bought a Lumina from Missouri that found its way to Maryland.

and while on the topic,a Texan F250 found its way to Syria.
http://www.itv.com/news/2014-12-19/t...in-syrian-war/

It's more common to see American cars go to Latin America, but they do go worldwide. I think FallOutBoy has an exported late 2nd gen Camaro in Germany and a RamVan as well.

BTW if you want heated seats and it won't conflict with your inspections, you can retrofit them. You have to take off the seat cover but it can be done.

Netuddki 02-28-2015 04:37 AM

After reading this topic I looked around and ended up buying this on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has a nice lit up button with 5 levels of heat and it's not that expensive, but has very good reviews.

Should be easy to install.

tw0123 02-28-2015 09:43 AM

Make sure to wire it to only have power when the ignition is on... a friend of mine out these in with a toggle switch thinking he'd be fine only to come out of work multiple times to a dead battery... luckily his seat didn't catch fire!

Netuddki 02-28-2015 11:01 AM

Yes, thanks! I am aware of that. I will pay attention.

Garfield 02-28-2015 03:29 PM

Let us know how the install goes!

Netuddki 02-28-2015 05:25 PM

I will try to make a video and post it on youtube, because I didn't find anything remotely helpful there and I believe, a few people would be happy to see, how I mess up :-P.

My english will hurt your ears though. :lol:

I hope, I can do it in about 2 weeks.

Netuddki 03-02-2015 07:42 AM

I received the heat panels today. I ordered it from Amazon on Thursday evening and today it's here!

4 Days from the US to Austria/Europe with weekend inbetween. Amazing!

I think, I will start the project on the weekend.

Connorja11 03-02-2015 10:48 AM

Hey I think I'll buy some of these also! Have you installed them yet, do they work well?

Nas Escobar 03-02-2015 12:08 PM

Not bad.

Netuddki 03-02-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Connorja11 (Post 660308)
Hey I think I'll buy some of these also! Have you installed them yet, do they work well?

Not yet installed.
I will try to do it this weekend.

I will also try to make a good video and I will post it, if I succeed.

It has really good reviews on Amazon.

number53alero 03-02-2015 03:04 PM

Interested to see how they work. I always imagined getting some sweet aurora seats, taking off the seat track. Then use a 1/4" steel plate as an adapter between the Alero power seat track and Aurora seats. All that's left is to wire everything up to the Aurora heated seat switches or some other switches. If you wanted passenger power seats, possibly install another Alero power seat track on that side as well onto the passenger side Aurora seat. Might work!

Netuddki 03-06-2015 04:09 AM

I won't be able to do it this weekend, so I have to postpone the project until next week.

I will post an update as soon as I can.

Netuddki 03-15-2015 01:35 PM

I was able to do the installation this weekend.

Here is the video I made.
I didn't put the seats back yet, because I want to wash the covers first,

I will make a second video, because I realized that I also need to cut the heat panels for the cover being able to sit tight by those hook and loop fasteners and actually the adhesive is also not very strong and I don't think that it would survive the covers being forced back, so I want to reinforce them with double sided tapes from the home improvement store.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaleVzdWX6A