Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   LA1 3400 Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   My put er' back together thread (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38369)

sleepyalero 03-04-2015 08:24 PM

My put er' back together thread

Its almost that time to get to work on the car! Weather is warming up soon, and parts are coming in! Money is being spent!

As you know, i got new wheels, ordered a NEW transmission last week, and today.... I ordered MMS headers!! :)

But i still need parts. My next step is a new clutch. Once i have both a clutch and transmission on hand, i will unbolt my old trans from the motor to check my flywheel. Apparently its hard to find someone who will/can resurface a dual mass flywheel, so if it looks okay, feels okay, ill run it. If its noticable that it needs servicing, ill have to buy a new one. I found that a dual mass flywheel is basically unserviceable... But to be sure ill call GM dealer to see if they can do it...

Anyway i will stop in here for parts coming in, and progress.

Parts list

- clutch
- possible flywheel
- all fluids
- brake caliper paint
- headers (waiting for completion)
- spark plugs
- plug wires
- alternator
- possible battery
- misc bolts if i lost any
- fuel pump
- oil/filter
- maybe other things?

Im working hard as i can to get the car ready for the Olds show this year. Its coming up fast! And im trying my best to get the car back to running state.

Im getting excited, im getting really close to putting the engine back in. I miss driving my black car so much. Its sad to see her heart ripped out. :(

But anyway! Once i have the clutch/trans on hand, i can replace those parts and be able to drop the engine back in! But from there i will be waiting on headers to come in, i cant start the car let alone bleed fluids without them. So im counting on those to be ready asap! (They are made to order, wait on building them, and coating before they are ready for shipment)

I am shooting for early May to have the car RUNNING, but it SHOULD be done before that, other then the headers. If i can get it done early may and running that gives me 1.5 months to make sure everything is sound with the car before i travel to the Olds show.

Also the fuel pump will get replaced down the road, just because the car has a full tank of gas and im not dealing with that! Ill wait till i get down to E before i drop the tank.

But like i said, ill stop in frequently with updates. I get the transmission in tomorrow at my work (had it shipped there) and then ill haul it home with me after work. Im just getting excited. I cant wait to here her fire up for the first time in months! I almost forget how she sounds, let alone i miss driving the 6 speed, my auto 3400 i bought for a daily is getting boring! I need enthusiasm!

For a mind refresher, here is how she sits currently.

sleepyalero 03-04-2015 08:28 PM

Oh. And i have a new caliper paint idea for the new wheels, but you will have to wait and see!

luckilero7 03-05-2015 01:05 AM

Sleepy. ..... I envy you. .... that is all lol

Papa Rad17 03-05-2015 03:29 AM

Bout time! keep us up to date, lookin good!

sleepyalero 03-05-2015 07:29 AM

Thanks guys, and sometimes i envy myself. I feel like i get jelous of my own car at times hahaha

Redog 03-05-2015 09:18 AM

Keep up the good work :cool: :coolio:

sleepyalero 03-05-2015 11:47 AM

Thanks kenny :)

tw0123 03-05-2015 11:59 AM

I wish my car was that close to drivable again.... well technically it can drive it just looks hideously incomplete lol

Nas Escobar 03-05-2015 12:51 PM

Haha my car is drivable (at least my Olds is) but has no interior. My complete car (Camaro) isn't drivable. Grr.

But those wheels look nice Sleepy! You should paint your valve covers while your engine is out too btw. It would really pop off for the Olds HC

sleepyalero 03-05-2015 03:15 PM

Ehhh ill think about it.... Look what came into work today for me. :)

sleepyalero 03-05-2015 05:57 PM

Put it in the back seat of the daily to haul it home. :lol:

03Alerosil 03-05-2015 10:03 PM

Looks good. What model transaxle is that?

sleepyalero 03-05-2015 10:49 PM

Its the F40 6 speed transmission. From the Pontiac G6.

03Alerosil 03-05-2015 11:11 PM

Cool. Wish I was shorter. Thought about installing a stick in my Alero but I'm too tall and wouldn't have enough legroom to shift

3800l67gam 03-06-2015 01:49 AM

What happen the other transmission?

sleepyalero 03-06-2015 07:15 AM

Synchro went bad

And make the seat extend furtger lol

03Alerosil 03-06-2015 09:35 AM

lol yea I could but then I might as well sit in the backseat

tw0123 03-06-2015 11:16 AM

Honestly it's not any further to push in the clutch than it is to move your foot from the gas to the brake....

sleepyalero 03-06-2015 11:18 AM

I think hes saying his legs are to long tim

sleepyalero 03-06-2015 11:51 AM

Just ordered my clutch from GM, they gave me 50$ off! 274$ after tax, be here monday.