Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Common Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Can you explain the wiring of the Ignition? (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39140)

Netuddki 03-19-2022 11:23 AM

Can you explain the wiring of the Ignition?

I don't know if this is the right place to ask and I don't know if anybody can help, but I need to understand the wiring of the ignition module.

There is a white and a black connector at the back of the ICM.

There are pink, red, green, orange etc cables in those connectors.

Can somebody tell me, what those cables do exactly?

I don't find real explanations on the web.

I find some wiring diagrams, which I don't comprehend and which are also not really answering my question, so maybe somebody can simply list them here.

dbral 03-19-2022 05:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Not sure of the year of your car... This is from the 2001 Alero factory service manual. Hope this helps some

Netuddki 03-19-2022 06:42 PM

@dbral Wow! Thanks mate! That's exactly what I need.

I also have my manual somewhere, but I didn't even think of looking into it, not to speak of searching for it. It can be anywhere in the house :-D

It's a 2001 Alero, but it was made street legal in 2004. It stood around for 3 years on the GM lot. Insane, right?

dbral 03-19-2022 09:05 PM

Quote:

@dbral Wow! Thanks mate! That's exactly what I need.
No problem! Happy to help someone for once as it usually me asking for help here

Quote:

I also have my manual somewhere, but I didn't even think of looking into it, not to speak of searching for it. It can be anywhere in the house :-D
Yes. I wish that was the case with ours but the GM vehicles here in the U.S. are constantly requiring some attention so have to keep the manuals handy lol.

Quote:

It's a 2001 Alero, but it was made street legal in 2004. It stood around for 3 years on the GM lot. Insane, right?
Sheesh!!! Alero's were not big sellers over there for sure, but I guess that dealers maintain their stock over there quite differently than we do here. If a car sat that long on a lot over here I would bet that the gas would be stale, the battery would be dead, and there would be homeless people living in it...

Netuddki 03-25-2022 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbral (Post 667631)
Sheesh!!! Alero's were not big sellers over there for sure, but I guess that dealers maintain their stock over there quite differently than we do here. If a car sat that long on a lot over here I would bet that the gas would be stale, the battery would be dead, and there would be homeless people living in it...

Hahaha

I don't know what they did, but the car was in a perfect shape when I got it in 2014. Even the paint was spotless. The one owner before me did love the car for sure.

Unfortunately I have no garage, so it's not that spotless anymore.