Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Audio, Video & Security (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Anyone Have Any Experience W/ Lanzar Amps? (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7531)

wy3134 06-12-2005 04:05 PM

I was just curious about the lanzar viberant amps....anyone ever used one, if so experiences, quality, etc....thanks for the info.

cherrington17 06-12-2005 04:53 PM

i've had one for about 3 years. (used it for about a year) works great for me. 1400W @ 4 channels. i like it. i have a few friends who do alot of car audio work and they seemed to like the way it sounded, and worked.

i'd give it a big :thumb:

wy3134 06-12-2005 04:57 PM

thanks for the info! i found these and saw how affordable they were, so perhaps i can get a pretty loud system at an inexpensive price. what do you have your amp pushing cherrington?

jiffy 06-12-2005 05:28 PM

IMO if you are looking for a budget amp, go with Profile. Check their website for cheap refurbished amps with 1 year manufacturer warrantys on them.

sound_xtreme 06-12-2005 07:54 PM

i never had good experiences with lanzar, it's made by the same company as Pyle, Pyramid, and Legacy.

sound_xtreme 06-12-2005 07:56 PM

honestly, the most bang for your buck would be a power acoustik(check their class d amps), or POSSIBLY a maxxsonics amp(maybe a crunch? hifonics are quite a bit better)

wy3134 06-12-2005 07:57 PM

ok thanks for the advice there....ive been questionable about power acoustic products since i heard their subs arent that good, then mixed results on the amps

jamcllw 06-12-2005 08:35 PM

The only line of Lanzar amps that I would ever purchase is the Opti line. They're all crap but the opti line isn't as bad. A good budget amp brand is Profile. Check into them. What is your amp budget? And how much power do you need? Lanzar amps don't put out what they advertise. A 1000 watt amp from Lanzar will be about 300 watts true power.

wy3134 06-12-2005 08:39 PM

im thinking/wanting to go with some alpine type R subs (i forget the exact model number, there rated at 500watts rms/1500watts max, since there affordable at around $120/each, id like to get a couple and then an amp to power em, and keep everything under $400)

jamcllw 06-12-2005 08:53 PM

If had that budget and dead set on getting the type-rs I'd get this amp. It's a factory refurb but ikesound has excellent customer service and they back there products. That amp will put you right at $400 with those subs.

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2119

Oldsman 06-13-2005 08:04 AM

i have a lanzar opti amp 6 channel and this amp kicks ass.

the opti series is the best they have. Lanzar is also under rated. Lnzar used to be one of the best back in the 90's but then fell like hifonics.

far as opti's under producing..........HA. the opti's are underrated by at 30%. even car stereo mags have proven this.

jamcllw 06-13-2005 09:12 AM

Do you believe everything you read?

I have a hard time believing that a $360 amp will put out 2000 watts.

BLK03GXS 06-13-2005 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jamcllw@Jun 13 2005, 01:12 PM
Do you believe everything you read?

I have a hard time believing that a $360 amp will put out 2000 watts.

Ding Ding Ding... we have a weiner...lol

If you want an amp thats going to make 1000rms at 2 or 4 ohms and under 15volts its going to cost you close to a dollar a watt...

A lot of amps will make 1000-1200+ watts RMS, but usually its at something rediculous like 17 volts.. your charging system will never see that kind of voltage... The real companys have been staying away from the JBF ratings of the 90's.. so should we

JBF= Just Before Fire

Oldsman 06-13-2005 02:13 PM

i don't have to read. all i have to do is go out and listen to my system. supposely i am only putting 180 watts to my 1 12" sub but when it pounds as hard as some friend 300 watts to subs ( talking kenwood, and Rockford) well i know that it's underrated. hell i have out pound a 500 watt sony. which the rms is actually 250.

so the only explaination is either 1. my amp is underrated 2. it has a lot more cleaner power 3. even a rockford amp can suck ass.

but i do agree with sound, power actuostic amps are damn good for the money.

jamcllw 06-13-2005 02:40 PM

Sony car audio products suck they are a joke. Kenwood is the same way. And after the "a" line of Rockfords went away they suck.
And there is so much more that goes into consideration when comparing sound systems than wattage. You have cabin gain, box size, tuning freq. if ported so on and so forth. Speakers have a lot to do with it too. If you were to get a 100 watt speaker with good build quality and so forth it can sound much better and some times louder than a 500 watt speaker. There is so many variables besides wattage.
Case in fact last year at a comp 1 guy had 2 JL 12W3V2s running off of a 500 watt JL amp going against a guy with 2 Kicker 12L7s and around 1500 watts of power. Now anybody that knows L7s knows that they should have won no problem with that setup but it was about 3 dB's lower than the Jls with 500 watts. Both were in a ported box but the JLs were higher and they were Honda CRX which is probably the best car to compete in for SPL. The only reason I remember this one so well is the guy with the L7s got mad because he lost and couldn't understand why and they almost fought about it.

mikegett 06-13-2005 09:26 PM

I have to agree. Wattage is only one part of the equation. The key is to match your speakers, enclosure, and wattage to one another. If you have a limited amount of wattage then go with subs that carry a high efficiency and avoid a sealed enclosure. Unfortunately, the cabin is something we can do little about. As for lanzar, I can't comment on there products. I can say that california, profile, pyramid, and legacy are a huge waste in money. The california and profile were my first amps. I bench tested them when I first got a job for Fujitsu. They were suppose to be rated for 300 and 450 rms but only displaced around 150 and 200 rms before clipping. They may manage to put out 70 percent of there claims but the distortion would be so high you could not use it. The other thing I noticed was that they did not produce the full frequency range. They dipped off rapidly on the scope after 13,000htz. And this was without any built in crossovers.

Oldsman 06-13-2005 11:15 PM

i know i use to have a 800 watt earthquake amp with earthquake subs and use to sound a lot better than any average brands out there.

i remember a guy who had a 1500 watt with 2 15's and my 2 12's sounded a hell of a lot better.

a lot of people just look at wattage. but you should look at all the specs. when choosing an amp.

a lot of the companies that use to be on top are not anymore. so name doesn't really mean anything anymore. the only top name that is still up towards the top is soundstream. but you pay for their crap.