Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Aleromod.com Showcase (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The new ho (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37958)

Papa Rad17 05-10-2014 02:26 PM

The new ho

Traded the mustang for this on 4-22-14. Its been awesome so far, im very happy to be back. Only a little rust on the drivers quarter panel and a couple dents, otherwise very clean. Its an 02 2.2 5sp. As an added suprize In the cover of the owners manual I found the original sales papers for it! One less thing to worry about it also got the disk brakes on the rear. The little things are pretty well done now, you can hardly see in the picture but the headlights are LED wrapped and the turn signals are also wrapped with amber ones. The brakes lights were moved to the trunk and turn signal up to the old brake light spot. Things to expect in the near future- pacesetter exhaust headers to tips, strut tower bars, front strut mounts/lowering springs/pretty much complete suspension overhaul. I just have to find a headunit I like then that will go in, I still have the install kit, amp, and alpine type r's from old one so that will be very soon. Window tint, remove the door trim, and led side mirror turn signals. Then some nice rims and one day a stage 3 supercharged set up. :cool:
The black sunfire next to it is my roommates 98 gt 2.4 5sp, also a work in progress.

Shiwnath 05-10-2014 02:58 PM

Damn thats clean man! IMO that steering wheel isn't worth losing Airbags, the horn or the cruise control. Not a fan of the LED strips on the headlights either. I've never seen an Alero that has traction control with crank windows... Weird.

You should find a nice M62 kit and cam this beast!

Papa Rad17 05-10-2014 03:14 PM

The trac control and the disk brakes are very weird to have on it, but nice none the less. Cruise control is mounted on the hub, works perfectly.

Nas Escobar 05-10-2014 03:14 PM

Not bad at all. I agree with Shiwnath, the steering wheel isn't worth it.

Other than that, get 5 spokes or Bullitts for it.

Oldsnut 05-10-2014 06:18 PM

X3 on the steering wheel but overall the car looks great!

Papa Rad17 05-11-2014 12:59 AM

Thank you all. The wheels are aligned right but when I got it the steering wheel was about 50 degrees to the left. I had got that for the mustang and never got around to it so I figured why not. It certainly looks better but yes, I just hope I dont have regret not having the airbag one day.

Nas Escobar 05-11-2014 01:59 AM

My personal gripe isn't with the airbag, it's moreso with the spokes of the wheel. If it was a classic Grant one, I would probably have liked it.

Something like this would have looked better.

BTW, how hard is it to swap steering wheels? I want to do that to my 94 Cutlass.

sleepyalero 05-11-2014 02:13 AM

Classic wheel on an alero? Ehh no thanks. I think if he had racing seats that were red/black the steering wheel would look better and not so out of place.

Imo the steering wheel isnt bad. Once/if he does things to help compliment the wheel it should be more "tasteful"

Nas Escobar 05-11-2014 03:48 AM

I guess to me it's just too flat. I don't really like flat wheels unless they're woodgrain. Those styles look better to me flat, but it would be ridiculous to put that into an Alero.

fisdad 05-11-2014 04:13 PM

Agreed on the steering wheel. Otherwise she looks like a good base to start from. Nip that rust before it eats the entire car though!

kinkyredalero 05-11-2014 08:32 PM

Im jealous as f*ck.....

But great looking ride man, keep us updated!

03glgold 05-11-2014 11:53 PM

besides thinking the factory steering wheel is better and not being sure whether or not i like the black spoiler, it is a nice car

cavaliers60 05-12-2014 11:57 AM

Next time you are in Vincennes, you'll have to come by and check out my little bro's corvette

Papa Rad17 05-12-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavaliers60 (Post 654739)
Next time you are in Vincennes, you'll have to come by and check out my little bro's corvette

I live in Vincenes since may of last year.

cavaliers60 05-12-2014 06:02 PM

Ah I thought you were just here for school. Hit me up sometime. I'll pm you my number.

That01Olds 05-14-2014 07:44 PM

Looks clean man. Just need to get that spoiler painted and it will be good imo. Not a huge fan of the LED wrap either. I would've gone just all the way along the bottom if it was me, but other than that man it looks good.

tw0123 05-14-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That01Olds (Post 654860)
Looks clean man. Just need to get that spoiler painted and it will be good imo. Not a huge fan of the LED wrap either. I would've gone just all the way along the bottom if it was me, but other than that man it looks good.

Lol the spoiler is painted! As for your suggestion on the led lights that's what I did on mine ;) too bad I used cheap Chinese led strips and sections of them no longer work and I'm too lazy to pull them apart to fix them!

It's a nice start papa! If you're going for the red and black theme I'd be tempted to paint the rocker covers black to tie in the spoiler....

Papa Rad17 05-14-2014 08:03 PM

Im thinking maybe black fender stripes maybe. razzi skirts for sure might go black with those. and red and black racing seats. we'll see what else comes along. The leds will look better once the hids are in there I think. still a lot to do...

That01Olds 05-14-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw0123 (Post 654863)
Lol the spoiler is painted! As for your suggestion on the led lights that's what I did on mine ;) too bad I used cheap Chinese led strips and sections of them no longer work and I'm too lazy to pull them apart to fix them!

It's a nice start papa! If you're going for the red and black theme I'd be tempted to paint the rocker covers black to tie in the spoiler....

Lol I meant painted to match the color of the car :p. That was my bad I should've clarified that lol and I knew I had seen them like that somewhere before. I could even see the picture in my head, but I couldn't remember who had done it. Now that you said it was you it all came back to me and I remember after seeing how you did yours I really liked the way it looked. So I still stand by that suggestion cause it did look sweet on your car. It's a shame that sections of them stopped working. You definitely need to get on fixing that sometime soon man. I feel ya on the being lazy part though lol.

Vic28 05-14-2014 08:47 PM

Nice to find another 5speed on the forums.

But my S/C lol..