Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Parts NEEDED!!! (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22477)

Marrko 06-03-2008 03:44 AM

Parts NEEDED!!!

Hey everyone.. As some of you know i'm rebuilding my engine and now looking for parts. I can't find enything for a good price so i thought maybe you guys know some places where to get the parts i need a little cheaper. Here are the parts i need for now:
- New set of piston rings.
- Crankshaft bearings
- a complete set of gaskets and seals for the 2.4l engine

that's it for now... please help me guys... i'll be waiting for your replies... (and sorry for my english :P it's not my native language :P )

[ion] C2 06-03-2008 06:26 AM

I got all of that stuff (besides the rings) from NAPA Auto Parts, including the timing chain and balance shaft bearings for $300. Not sure if you have those over there but local parts stores can order them for you for pretty cheap usually, you just need the part numbers. I'll see if I can find them for you, I had a list.

Marrko 06-03-2008 06:37 AM

No no i won't order anything from my local shops because the prices are outrageous for example: i need new tie rods. here in lithuania one of them costs 140$ so i needed two so it's 280$. so i went to ebay bought a set of tie rods for 17$ and payed 30$ for shipping so in total 47$.

So now just think what prices would be for those parts that i need :)

So i'm looking for stores that i could buy stuff directly and pay for shipping to lithuania :)

cherrington17 06-03-2008 07:24 AM

www.rockauto.com it appears they ship internationally, and they have the cheapest parts i've ever seen.

[ion] C2 06-03-2008 07:30 AM

http://ion-productions.com/engineParts.pdf

there's the part numbers of what you need besides:
- piston rings
- rod bearings

Marrko 06-03-2008 08:07 AM

thnx i hope i woun't get robbed :P going to my mechanic today to look what else i need... this engine rebuild is going to cost me allot... but it's worth it :P cause i'm not selling my baby!!! :)

cliffordwoeller 06-03-2008 10:59 AM

i think its soooo kool how we have alero lovers even in other countries across the big lake lol

YALEROYNOT 06-03-2008 11:10 AM

hey marrko you need to update your home page with pic of your rims. good luck with the rebuild what the hell boost it while your at it :lol:

I love this in you profile:

Biography:
American heart representer in Europe

Redog 06-03-2008 11:14 AM

I think this guy should be a poster child for Aleros. He blows his motor, and will be spending a ton of money getting it rebuilt, unlike some people that when the Alero gets a flat or needs an oil change, the car is POS :rolleyes2:

YALEROYNOT 06-03-2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redog (Post 361357)
I think this guy should be a poster child for Aleros. He blows his motor, and will be spending a ton of money getting it rebuilt, unlike some people that when the Alero gets a flat or needs an oil change, the car is POS :rolleyes2:

x2 :lol:

Marrko 06-03-2008 11:42 AM

thnx guys.... yeah i love my car.. my parents offered to give me money (~ 20 000 $ ) to buy a new car but i didn't want a new car, so i said that i want to spend the money on my baby.. they got mad and said that i''ll get nothing :P so i just went to the bank got a loan... and now i'm rebuilding my engine, a full show off bodykit is already on it's way from andys (3 more weeks for shipping)... after all of this the interior is going to be redone in a tuning shop here in lithuania... so i hope everyhing will go as planed... and i'll have the only most modded alero in foreign country :D :yahoo: (i hope i'll be :) )

CharleyO99Alero 06-03-2008 02:41 PM

WTG, Marrko ... good luck with the engine build and other plans. We'll be wanting to see pictures!

BTW, Rock Auto Parts mentioned by cherrington17, should be a good place for you to get the needed parts.