Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   LA1 3400 Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   anyone have spare pacesetter headers? (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35441)

sleepyalero 01-31-2012 01:00 PM

anyone have spare pacesetter headers?

seeing if anyone has pacesetter headers laying around... seeing if someone could send them in to Milzy for me cause i cant take mine off, if i do i wont have a running car for awhile. reason being is that my pacesetter headers crossover pipe may not fit with the f40 transmission. so if you shipped them in they could get me measurements/see if they fit. if you could help out that would be great.
you dont have to, just seeing if anyone could. ;)

kwhauck 01-31-2012 01:15 PM

Dude, seriously if has already been said they are almost 100% sure they won't fit. If you are gonna drop the money on the f40 swap just drop the extra to get a good set of headers and get rid of the shitty pacesetters......

unchained01 01-31-2012 01:40 PM

There is a set on 60degreev6.com if you MUST have them I know your trying to save money but i know of 2 people who have gotten them and want to sell them already , and they are the "new" style . the set that is for sale are amour coated so maybe just the crossover can be modified and recoated

sleepyalero 01-31-2012 02:24 PM

i would love to get those headers. but then i would also want a new head. because i have 2 pegs that broke off inside the head one is still in there and the other is bigger then stock. so if i got new headers then i would have to notch out the bottom left hole on the header or replace the head. im just trying to dodge little things but i dont think ill be able to afford those headers when i go there.

mmorello82 01-31-2012 06:19 PM

What's wrong with pacesetter? I was just thinking of buying a set for me!

MMGT1 01-31-2012 06:49 PM

I say they are a big improvment over stock no matter how you look at them..lol If your not up to dropping close to a grand on them then that is still the way to go. I have the S&S on mine and guys a few years ago were saying the Pacesetters were a step up from those. Well, on a stage 2 build I managed to break the 100mph mark in the quarter and a time of 14.1 They are doing the job just fine for now imo. I'd love to get a set of Mikes, but that is a lot of cash for headders compared to my available budget

sleepyalero 01-31-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmorello82 (Post 607959)
What's wrong with pacesetter? I was just thinking of buying a set for me!

nothing is really wrong with pacesetters IMO but the way they hook up they could have done a little better with the crossover pipe/front header connection.. cause its hard to get that bolt tight thats close to the block/head. and the pacesetter crossover pipe most likely has some fitment issues with the F40 6 speed manual swap that im going to be getting done in a month, so thats basically the issue with them so far haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMGT1 (Post 607961)
I say they are a big improvment over stock no matter how you look at them..lol If your not up to dropping close to a grand on them then that is still the way to go. I have the S&S on mine and guys a few years ago were saying the Pacesetters were a step up from those. Well, on a stage 2 build I managed to break the 100mph mark in the quarter and a time of 14.1 They are doing the job just fine for now imo. I'd love to get a set of Mikes, but that is a lot of cash for headders compared to my available budget

yeah mikes headers are nice as hell. i would love a set too but my budget also doesnt help to get those at the moment. but plan on getting some in the long run unless i find another 1000-1200$ in the next month so i can get them while im up in Ohio but who knows lol.

guiguilandry 01-31-2012 09:22 PM

when you'll get your f40 setup... buy a mig welder.. I had to reshape the pace setter I bought for my 3800 because I have a f23 and there was problem with the front tranny mount and the filler cap ... gotta be creative sometime

sleepyalero 02-01-2012 12:44 AM

i know i could look this up but i dont feel like it so ill just ask and wait for the reply haha but anyway how much are mig welders? and that looks great. ill have to invest in one of these welders. i have an a/c welder but cant do exhaust with that cause it burns right through it. hey better question is... what if i sent my headers to you maybe you could custom fab it for me? and i could pay you depending if your down and how much you would charge. that would help out alot actually... please think about it haha. although shipping might cost alot...

guiguilandry 02-01-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepyalero (Post 607993)
i know i could look this up but i dont feel like it so ill just ask and wait for the reply haha but anyway how much are mig welders? and that looks great. ill have to invest in one of these welders. i have an a/c welder but cant do exhaust with that cause it burns right through it. hey better question is... what if i sent my headers to you maybe you could custom fab it for me? and i could pay you depending if your down and how much you would charge. that would help out alot actually... please think about it haha. although shipping might cost alot...

I'd like to help you out with that but i don't have a LA1 and f40 in hand to do some test fit... lol