Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hello from Germany! (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38197)

Dynamix 10-30-2014 08:30 AM

Hello from Germany!

Hello,

my name is Tobi and I (ok, actually its my GFs car ;)) have a 99 Alero V6. It is an export modell and if compnine is right it should be a GLS ;) My Alero has all options as far as I know (like the sunroof that I like very much!) and the exterior colour is black. Interior colour is beige and brown. I will post some pictures of the car as soon as possible! :) Before I have to fix it, but thats a completely different topic ;)

Besides the Alero I own a 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, also an export model :coolio:

I am really looking forward to learn more about the Alero and I hope that I can preserve it with your help :) Me and my GF love the Alero for the way it drives and it suits our needs for a daily driver perfectly! :)

tw0123 10-30-2014 10:37 AM

Welcome and sounds like a nice collection!
Btw if it's the v6 and leather it's a gls... if no leather it's not hahaha :)

Oldsnut 10-30-2014 11:00 AM

A great big welcome to our 2nd German member.

Dynamix 10-30-2014 11:01 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Well, as already mentioned it has everything the german catalogue offered in 99 ;) It has leather, V6, sunroof, auto headlights, spoiler and other nice goodies I surely forgot :D Of course it hat the export specific stuff like the adjustable headlamps :)

I really love my 2 cars. For me and my girlfriend the alero is the perfect daily driver cause it is a sedan, has enough room for us, enough power and it is even economical for a V6 engine :)

03glgold 10-30-2014 11:17 AM

Welcome to the site

zzyzzx 10-30-2014 01:48 PM

Welcome. The other German is Falloutboy. We often refer to him in posts, like these:
http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37880
http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36176

Redog 10-30-2014 07:17 PM

Welcome, Glad you found us.

I remember you from the Facebook page. I'm the guy with the 85 Delta 88 along with my Alero :D

That01Olds 10-30-2014 07:31 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Dynamix 10-31-2014 04:24 AM

@zzyzx: I know falloutboy, he is our Alero Guru in our german forum ;)

@Redog: Haha, good to know :) Seems we both have a good taste in Cars :D

Dynamix 10-31-2014 05:43 AM

Pictures

9 Attachment(s)
As promised here are some pictures of my car. We made this pictures 2 days after we bought the car. We decided to clean it first. It is funny what we found in the car :D Under the backseats we found the old license plates, grains of rice and a V card of a psychiatrist. I really do not wanna know how it ended up under my backseat :lol:

On the pictures you can see a few of the optical mods the car received by the former owners. One of the mods I really like is the oldsmobile writing under the front Olds ornament. It really suits the car. In 99 all european Aleros still hat the olds logo in the front, so at least it is original :) The car had blacked out head lamps what looked strange on a black car. Fortunately the former owner gave us a set of original backlights so we decided to change it directly. Looks much better in my opinion :) On picture 10 you can see the difference between the stock lights and the pimped out black ones ;)

Dynamix 10-31-2014 05:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
On this two pictures you can see the Alero, my Caprice and the Ford Fiesta of a good friend of mine :)

In the future I would like to do a few minor mods to the Alero. Mainly I would like to install better brakes, cause the ones that are installed right now are pretty crappy. The braking power is not as good as I want and the brake is also warping. In my opinion the stock brake is too small for a big car like the Alero. Another thing I would like to change: The wheels. I like the look of the stock rims, but one of the former owners painted them black (pretty badly if you ask me!). In my opinion black stock rims on a black car look weird. I already seen that a few of you guys have aftermarket wheels on your aleros and I really like the ASA GT5. Unfortunately they are not available in Germany. Maybe I could find some wheels that look similar who are road legal in Germany.

Papa Rad17 10-31-2014 08:58 AM

Could you post anything (and I mean anything, pictures measurements, anything) on the power control adjuster for the headlights? I want to build one to put fully functional euro headlights on mine but there isnt much info.
Also, looks good, nice to see another from across the great blue finding their way here. welcome

Dynamix 10-31-2014 09:13 AM

Of course I can :) Wouldnt it been easier for you to get your hand on one of the original power control adjusters? Should save you much time and work :D

If you like I can see if I can find someone who sells one. As far as I know there is always someone who offers parts out of a crashed/dead alero ;)

tw0123 10-31-2014 12:19 PM

I've been trying for a year to get my hands on a switch and power harness for the Euro headlamps... so far no luck! I'm also interested in the rear fog lamp and how it works and is wired up.... we do not have that requirement here either but i like it as in my area the fog is quite severe when it rolls in....

Your cars look great as well! I hope you can find a set of wheels you like over there!

Dynamix 10-31-2014 01:17 PM

Here in Germany is someone who is slaughtering a 2000 Alero.

http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeige...998?ref=search

Maybe he still has the parts you need. If you give me some time I can try to contact someone from the german forum who said he is also slaughtering an alero.

tw0123 10-31-2014 01:46 PM

That would be awesome! I'll gladly pay the shipping charges...

Dynamix 10-31-2014 02:22 PM

No Problem ;) Just tell me which parts you exactly need and I will ask how much he would like to have for the parts :)

By the way: Would be great if someone could help me on my compression issue. Already started a thread in the 3.4 forum!