Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Appearance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Custom Plate Ideas (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38840)

[ion] C2 02-19-2017 01:54 PM

Custom Plate Ideas

New state, new plate. "STOCK" isn't available here, so I have to unfortunately think of a new fun idea to stick on. My fallback is GT3076R, which is fine, but if there's something better I'm open to it!

https://servicearizona.com/webapp/ve...startChoice.do

These are available:

That01Olds 02-19-2017 03:46 PM

Out in Arizona now? I really like the last one or the top one myself. The second to last one isn't a bad choice either though.

[ion] C2 02-19-2017 06:11 PM

ha yeah the UMM LOL is what people would say when they see it's an Alero and modded

Got a nice place out here in AZ, moved the business. It's awesome.

Haven't driven the Alero in basically 2 years, only out for a day or two each year, had to have the turbo manifold and exhaust completely re-made from scratch since the original failed, twice. Getting things done right and smoothing all the rough edges out. She's fun. I'll post some pictures here soon once I can go snap some with some scenery.

00redse 02-19-2017 07:31 PM

Not the only modded Alero in AZ. Nor the only turbo one. ;)

My vote is on NICEBVR

Had a buddy who was gonna get MUFFDVR. I don't think he ever went through with it.

Oldsnut 02-19-2017 09:00 PM

Firstrtr

sleepyalero 02-19-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldsnut (Post 665652)
Firstrtr

To many letters.:rolleyes2:

[ion] C2 02-20-2017 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00redse (Post 665651)
Not the only modded Alero in AZ. Nor the only turbo one. ;)

No way. Who the hell else has a turbo Alero around here and how quick is it? I'm in the east valley. Have to meet up. Unless you mean BlackJack, who disappeared from the forums a while back.

BVRPLZR was my favorite, but taken already or banned lol.

Oldsnut 02-20-2017 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepyalero (Post 665653)
To many letters.:rolleyes2:

OK----STRTFIR

That01Olds 02-20-2017 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 665650)
ha yeah the UMM LOL is what people would say when they see it's an Alero and modded

Got a nice place out here in AZ, moved the business. It's awesome.

Haven't driven the Alero in basically 2 years, only out for a day or two each year, had to have the turbo manifold and exhaust completely re-made from scratch since the original failed, twice. Getting things done right and smoothing all the rough edges out. She's fun. I'll post some pictures here soon once I can go snap some with some scenery.

Yeah, like I said I do like that one and this may be lol. Until you speed off and beat their car haha. Then they will probably be saying something a little different.

Nice man! Glad to hear it and that things are well. I moved up to Washington State the end of last year myself. Was ready for a change of scenery from the Midwest or Southeast.

Oh wow. That sucks that it failed twice and you haven't really been able to drive it. Don't blame ya there then and I bet. Cool. Sounds good. I look forward to seeing them when you do. You always do end up getting some pretty good shots.

00redse 02-20-2017 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 665654)
No way. Who the hell else has a turbo Alero around here and how quick is it? I'm in the east valley. Have to meet up. Unless you mean BlackJack, who disappeared from the forums a while back.

BVRPLZR was my favorite, but taken already or banned lol.

I have Richie's (AftermathAlero) old car. The blue, AED, shaved, bagged, turbo 3400. It's quick. It's got all glassed interior and some heavy 20's, so it's not a FAST car. Just fun. It needs paint... BAD lol. AZ sun destroyed the clear on it. So I'm preparing to fix some cracks in the back bumper and respray it.
I have all the metal to do up some nice tubular manifolds for it. When S&S headers closed down, I got a set of "unwelded headers" from them. All the tubing and flanges. So i guess i still need a wg flange, and a turbo flange to make it all work. Never made it to the head of priorities. Life gets in the way.

I also had the red AED Grand Am that we were gonna swap the m45 for the m62. Half built the manifold and lost interest. Still have lots of parts from the 2.4 grand am, but the ex wrecked it pretty bad. I rebuilt the AED kit and hood, just looking for a 5 speed n-body to put it on.

Down to meet up. I'm in NW Phoenix. Glendale-ish. Hit me up through PM

I think the MUFFDVR one was banned now that I think about it. He tried to get by it by calling and saying he was a muffin delivery driver. LMAO

[ion] C2 02-20-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00redse (Post 665657)
I have Richie's (AftermathAlero) old car.

Ahhh.. for sure. I'll hit you up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00redse (Post 665657)
I think the MUFFDVR one was banned now that I think about it. He tried to get by it by calling and saying he was a muffin delivery driver. LMAO

Hahaha. Nice.

tw0123 02-20-2017 11:40 PM

Yawnnn

Snoozn

00redse 02-21-2017 01:00 AM

I was gonna get LOWOLDS. I forgot to even check into it when I registered.
But I register the Alero up north due to emissions testing in the valley, so my plate is good til 2021. Maybe I'll switch then.

[ion] C2 02-21-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00redse (Post 665661)
But I register the Alero up north due to emissions testing in the valley, so my plate is good til 2021. Maybe I'll switch then.

Emissions testing was like $7 or something

00redse 02-21-2017 06:52 PM

Mine won't pass.

That01Olds 02-21-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00redse (Post 665661)
I was gonna get LOWOLDS. I forgot to even check into it when I registered.

Registration that is good for 4 years and driver's licenses that don't expire til you're 65. Maybe I need to consider a move to Arizona lol.

[ion] C2 02-21-2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00redse (Post 665663)
Mine won't pass.

Why's that? They just check OBD2 DTCs on 1996 and newer.

I don't have a catalytic converter, and it's clearly heavily modified, but I made the PCM programming report no error regarding O2s/catalytic converters lol. As far as a regular scan tool is concerned, this thing is OEM.

00redse 02-21-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That01Olds (Post 665664)
Registration that is good for 4 years and driver's licenses that don't expire til you're 65. Maybe I need to consider a move to Arizona lol.

5 years actually. And it was only like 45 bucks for the 5 year. I miss WA state though. I grew up in Port Angeles. I still go back and visit pretty often. Be there this summer to beat the heat for a bit.

Doesn't WA still have it to where any car is only $35/year for registration? I wish we had that when I have to register my truck. I paid like $770 last year on a 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4.

And the plate I got on it from the 3rd party DMV (non personalized) was BNF1500 (Brand New F'ing 1500)

Managed to bring it full circle back on topic there ;)

00redse 02-21-2017 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 665666)
Why's that? They just check OBD2 DTCs on 1996 and newer.

I don't have a catalytic converter, and it's clearly heavily modified, but I made the PCM programming report no error regarding O2s/catalytic converters lol. As far as a regular scan tool is concerned, this thing is OEM.

Richie never had it tuned properly, and I haven't bothered either. It runs on an AFPR and a canned tune from Mark at MPRacing. That's what Richie tells me. MPRacing said they've never tuned a car for boost when I talked to him. So the best I can figure is that Mark tuned it to idle the 440cc injectors and changed a few other small things, but the added fuel comes from the AFPR. It runs rich at idle still though, and I have a feeling it would benefit greatly from a good tune.

Honestly, I never even tried to get it passed. I get no CEL, so maybe it would be good to go. I have a feeling it will just show "not ready" indefinitely though.
I never got into HP tuners. My 4cyl Grand Am always ran off the GM Reflash and 310cc's. I think I'm the only one to ever have the RSM kit run off the GM reflash. Almost positive the only one to do it with a FMIC on the RSM kit.

I have the stock PCM for the Alero still. Maybe now that I've been putting some work into it, I'll get around to a real tune.

ION, I know you're a user of HP Tuners... Maybe you could assist.

[ion] C2 02-22-2017 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00redse (Post 665668)
MPRacing said they've never tuned a car for boost when I talked to him. So the best I can figure is that Mark tuned it to idle the 440cc injectors and changed a few other small things, but the added fuel comes from the AFPR. It runs rich at idle still though, and I have a feeling it would benefit greatly from a good tune.

Uh yeah lol. Tuning for boost will definitely be tricky since the 3400 never had a factory option tune that added support for a 2 bar or higher MAP sensor like the 2.4L did. You'd have to use a 2 bar sensor and scale the values in the PCM to pretend, which works, you just lose resolution.

Quote:

Honestly, I never even tried to get it passed. I get no CEL, so maybe it would be good to go.

Could be, I can scan it with HP Tuners and see if it reports any errors that don't cause the SES light but are still visible to a scan tool. Also for the cost of the credits we can read and edit the PCM and make sure none of the fun codes ever report errors. Shhhh....

Quote:

I never got into HP tuners. My 4cyl Grand Am always ran off the GM Reflash and 310cc's. I think I'm the only one to ever have the RSM kit run off the GM reflash. Almost positive the only one to do it with a FMIC on the RSM kit.

Nice. Yeah 310s are for baby level boost. :awesome:

Anyways....

I ordered GT3076R.