Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   NeverdoneUSA Hood aka The Bubble Hood (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33723)

kwhauck 03-29-2011 06:24 PM

NeverdoneUSA Hood aka The Bubble Hood

5 Attachment(s)
Store/Site purchased: NeverDoneUSA.com
Cost/Shipping: For me to know, however the cost should be comparable to the Boatek Hood when finished.
Store service, contact, deliver: Customer service is outstanding so far, with questions quickly answered by the Owner. Shipping was a little messed up, but he took care of it on his end and the hood shipped fine and was undamaged upon arrival.

Initial product impressions, quality: Out of the box the product looked great!
Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: None really, Take old hood off, put new one on. Don't buy a hood if you can't figure this out.
Installation notes: Drink a beer, install hood, finish 6 pack.
If not self installed, cost of installation: Bdyman can chime in here, but I would guess that paint and prep for a final factory finish would be between $300-$800

Appearance opinions: I absolutely love the looks of this hood, and have gotten compliments from everybody who has seen it. I have even had people tell me they like it better than the Boetek CF cowl I had before.

Any other thoughts about the product: Ok, so most people remember how the Boatek had shipping problems. My product came unscathed and fine. However, he is still working on shipping options on his end. Let start with the Boatek hood and say it is a 10/10. Which really it is. The CF hood can really be bolted on and go, the finish is great on the Boatek hood top and bottom. This being a fiberglass hood obviously paint work will need to be done. I love the looks of this hood. The overall quality seems to be good. The fit seems to be great. There are just a few issues

My concerns are as follows: The material is the middle is fine, but the edges seem to be a little thin and could use some extra material. The black stuff they use in the middle and on the edge while paintable, I would like to see it more of a gelcoat type finish so it could be mirror painted to a finish. Me personally, I will just have the bottom of the hood sprayed black so I don't care. There are also a few areas on the edges of the hood that could use a little touchup in the finish, but that is all easy prep work for the bodyshop that would paint the hood.

Overall, I give the Bubble hood a 7/10. Clint is working with me as a beta tester and has assured me that the issues will be fixed before release. On the phone he seems like a stand-up guy and wants to do the right thing. He has proven that to me already with some confusions in shipping. With these things fixed it can be a 10/10 hood that we could be proud to have an option for our aleros.

ON TO THE PICS!!!

kwhauck 03-29-2011 06:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More pics

kwhauck 03-29-2011 06:28 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More pics...

Ttop191 03-29-2011 06:33 PM

anyways...fitment looks great

however, i still say to make this hood better they need to cut off that back panel for some venting opportunities

alero_bmxer 03-29-2011 06:43 PM

effin sexy. x2 on the venting tho

robalero 03-29-2011 06:49 PM

i can't wait to see it painted

kwhauck 03-29-2011 06:56 PM

Just so everybody knows, Scott aka Oldsman, doesn't like this hood!

cherrington17 03-29-2011 07:04 PM

Venting would be interesting, but would present a TOTALLY different method of production.

I can't say I really love it, but its different, in a good way. Flows well, and I wonder how it contrasts aerodynamically... Just as curiosity goes.

overall... nice, but I prefer stock. I'll give it one :thumb:

Redog 03-29-2011 07:05 PM

I don't like it either.

Fitment looks good, very good actually, but it reminds me of my pants when I used to get unexplained boners in 8th grade English class

kwhauck 03-29-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redog (Post 579404)
I don't like it either.

Fitment looks good, very good actually, but it reminds me of my pants when I used to get unexplained boners in 8th grade English class

except this is full size and not a hot wheels car...lol

Redog 03-29-2011 07:15 PM

HEY NOW!!!

Matchbox FTW :lol:

cavaliers60 03-29-2011 07:38 PM

Ehh, I'm sure it looks 10x better in person... I'm on the fence.

Oldsnut 03-29-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwhauck (Post 579402)
Just so everybody knows, Scott aka Oldsman, doesn't like this hood!

Neither does this old fart, but it does look like good fitment.

sleepyalero 03-29-2011 08:35 PM

i like it, vented i would most likely buy it.

also, i love those rims. :p

Shiwnath 03-29-2011 08:37 PM

I think the factory hood's bump was good enough. If it was vented I think it would be more appealing.

hok666 03-29-2011 08:39 PM

<------------needs to see painted!

hok666 03-29-2011 08:45 PM

might look better with a peak?

bdyman 03-29-2011 10:46 PM

it kinda reminds me of the tear drop hood on the dodge race car, i forgot the model of dodge

wrestlingandrunning 03-29-2011 11:14 PM

Hood is ok, may look better painted but I love your wheels!

jhubbz 03-29-2011 11:16 PM

I think its a perfect spot for a gauge or two. kinda like the old school GTO's