Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   LA1 3400 Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   3rd Engine mount in 1 month (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16421)

Exit9alero 02-01-2007 12:02 PM

3rd Engine mount in 1 month

Hey guys, so last nite i get home from my cousins house, i get home park my alero. today i get up at 930 to catch my midterms at 1030, i go to my car turn it on and.... roooooom roorooo rooor oroor orororor!! my car sounds like a big block on steriods so i pop the hood and im like grrreat another engine mount broke. its amazing how i manage to break the same one 3 times in less then a 4 month period, so now im thinking wow i just got paid and used some for my tints and brakes now where am i going to get the money for a mount lol wow any how i talk to the mechanic and he says "your here again, your making me rich" so his son asks me how i do it i cant even respond because i honestly dont know, i wonder if they make performance mounts or additional supports like the ones for the 3800 gm engine

Vtolds 02-01-2007 12:07 PM

is your car stock? I have no explanation why your car should be braking mounts. The only thing I can think of is the person fixing them is doing it wrong.

HazMatt24 02-01-2007 12:08 PM

stop off roading it

Exit9alero 02-01-2007 12:09 PM

jea its stock i got an intake, spark plugs, wires n lil mods i cant explain y it keeps breaking

HazMatt24 02-01-2007 12:15 PM

sometimes people are just cursed. I used to have a Grand Am and like clock work the alternator would go out every 11 months. Fortunately it had a 12 month warranty on it.

AGT 02-01-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vtolds (Post 253877)
The only thing I can think of is the person fixing them is doing it wrong.

I bet Vtolds can answer your question in one post haha

or he is giving you bunk mounts...If my mechanic saw me again for the third time for the same problem...his head would be going under the car as I took it off the lift "You like that, huh you like that? Yeah...this is what happens, man when you don't fix it right muthaeffa...this is what happens"haha

Exit9alero 02-01-2007 12:20 PM

yeah im not so sure whats going on maybe i push it to hard sometimes or bumps in the road or something

jackal2000 02-01-2007 12:29 PM

which mount is it? the dog bone by the coolant resevoir?

Exit9alero 02-01-2007 12:30 PM

i have the 3.4l its the one by the pulleys im going to take pictures of all the mounts ive broken once i get it fixed but yea i noticed that all cars that have the 3.8 have a dog bone shaped one right by the washer fluid

billytheman1188 02-01-2007 01:01 PM

i agree with vtolds, how good is this mechanic???? i would suggest trying a different mechanic, ask your friends if they know any good mechanics, if you go to a new one and get it put on, then just wait and see if it happens again, if it does, then its not your regular mechanic.

thats weird that you went through that many mounts, theres definitly something wrong there, i dont think its because of your driving, they shouldnt be breaking like that.

teflone 02-01-2007 06:29 PM

bad mech.

The mechanic is LAZY!!!!!!!!!

Get a new one.. there are shortcuts to putting in a engine mount, that can lead to loosening, your mechanic is a lazy ahoe..

Loose mounts, premature failure..

Go back to him, tell him he sucks, and your taking your biz elsewhere..

3 motor mounts is waaaay above casual coincidence

jayson_waltz 02-01-2007 07:30 PM

your mechanic is screwing you over. yea "you again you're making me rich." tell him to go f**k himself and go somewhere else.

Exit9alero 02-02-2007 11:18 AM

yeah i really have to find a new one but theres not many you can trust now a days most of them around here are either real expensive or a mexican dude with one tool that can fix anything but with no garentee for about 100 dollars lmao

HazMatt24 02-02-2007 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit9alero (Post 254165)
yeah i really have to find a new one but theres not many you can trust now a days most of them around here are either real expensive or a mexican dude with one tool that can fix anything but with no garentee for about 100 dollars lmao

obviously the one you have now you can't trust. Go to the Mexican dude, he'll take $10 off the price of labor for some Coors Light

AGT 02-02-2007 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HazMatt24 (Post 254166)
obviously the one you have now you can't trust. Go to the Mexican dude, he'll take $10 off the price of labor for some Coors Light

Thats about the best thing about illegals...they give discounts when you buy them something that would usually require ID haha :lol:

billytheman1188 02-02-2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit9alero (Post 254165)

if it really comes down to it, you might have to take it to the dealer.....if you have one around you. They will do it right...............but for a lot of money.:lol:

Satsuriku 02-03-2007 12:04 AM

thats just plain sloppyness of who ever the hell is installing those man!! no way in hell would 3 go in 1 month!! hell ive never had a mount go..........EVER!

Exit9alero 02-07-2007 04:02 PM

well i think i broke the effin around doing donuts n driftin corners lol

xbxradxsx 02-07-2007 04:23 PM

^^might could have something to do with it, but still, 3??? that just don't sound right. i run the the hell outta my car and i haven't had any problems with anything whatsoever. which mine is the 2.2, but still that don't sound right.

AGT 02-07-2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbxradxsx (Post 255310)
^^might could have something to do with it, but still, 3??? that just don't sound right. i run the the hell outta my car and i haven't had any problems with anything whatsoever. which mine is the 2.2, but still that don't sound right.

x2 I had mine for over 128K miles and never once needed an engine mount