Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   General Performance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Plastic Door Trim Collects water after any rain (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38924)

Alerodriver17 08-31-2017 11:49 PM

Plastic Door Trim Collects water after any rain

So after any rain or even a car wash, as soon as I open my drivers door,(gls coupe) I can clearly see water has collected not only inside the car on the plastic trim at the bottom where the edge of the carpet meets the door, but outside by the little black plastic piece on the door sill. Solution for this? I must add that the little trim inside the car where the carpet meets the door is cracked and missing a clip but that wouldn't cause this would it?

riceralero 09-01-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alerodriver17 (Post 666337)
So after any rain or even a car wash, as soon as I open my drivers door,(gls coupe) I can clearly see water has collected not only inside the car on the plastic trim at the bottom where the edge of the carpet meets the door, but outside by the little black plastic piece on the door sill. Solution for this? I must add that the little trim inside the car where the carpet meets the door is cracked and missing a clip but that wouldn't cause this would it?

I have a gls sedan and this doesnt happen to me. maybe coupe only problem. How much water do you see

1970cs 09-01-2017 08:47 PM

I have a GLS coupe. I don't have that problem! But mine stays covered in the garage also!

Pat

Alerodriver17 09-01-2017 10:00 PM

Unfortunately mine doesn't get garage kept...

I see a pretty sizable amount of water, it just started this a few months ago and it's been bugging me. Inspecting the door rubbers and they look okay, this is the only side of the car I have this problem with.

riceralero 09-05-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alerodriver17 (Post 666347)
Unfortunately mine doesn't get garage kept...

I see a pretty sizable amount of water, it just started this a few months ago and it's been bugging me. Inspecting the door rubbers and they look okay, this is the only side of the car I have this problem with.

maybe you aren't closing the door hard enough? My alero likes the doors to be slammed to completely close

Alerodriver17 09-05-2017 09:41 PM

I slam them pretty hard and it still lets water in. I wanna fix this car up, but the problems just keep coming and it doesn't make a ton of economical sense

riceralero 09-06-2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alerodriver17 (Post 666360)
I slam them pretty hard and it still lets water in. I wanna fix this car up, but the problems just keep coming and it doesn't make a ton of economical sense

does it have a salvage title? the door might not be aligned and have a leak. or the floor pan might be rusted out.

Bahlzeron 09-10-2017 08:54 AM

The upper part of the doors get pretty easily bent, particularly on the longer doors of the coupe. I've had to bend the drivers door back into shape on both the coupes I have owned. The design of the door isn't the greatest. Best way to find your leak is to sit in the car and have someone with hose spray the car. I'm willing to bet that the leak is either bent upper door, bad seal, or hinge pins (possibly a combination).