Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   LA1 3400 Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   cat back (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311)

bwaynem 11-24-2003 01:42 PM

Hey people out there! Just wanted to get responces about catbacks....I've heard an SLP on a Grand Am and it sounded beautiful! Has anyone heard both a Dynomax and SLP cat back, if so, which do you think sounds better...heard borlas don't sound that great.

Thanks

r53silver91s 11-24-2003 02:27 PM

I have borla made for a grand am on my alero, and it sounds great. Its not very loud but you can definately tell its not stock. It doesn't sound ricey at all either.

Jetfix 11-26-2003 02:57 AM

Ehaustsounclips.com has soundclips for both borla and slp for the 3.4 the borla soundclip is muffler only though. I think the SLP sounds much better.

bwaynem 11-26-2003 06:49 AM

This is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks a lot!

Pimpalero03 11-26-2003 01:09 PM

i have dynomax, it sounds great

flalero 11-26-2003 03:49 PM

I have an Arospeed muffler with dual tips (no it doesn't look or sound like a ricer muffler). It sounds awesome and has some lope and growl to it.

3.4Alero 11-26-2003 03:50 PM

I have 2.5" cat back with magnaflow muffler. Love it.

Oldz Alero 11-29-2003 12:33 AM

I just got my SLP Cat-Back exhaust installed today and i love the sound so much. It really does sound good. I would recommend it to anyone in the market for an exhaust system. Also the car feels like it pulls a lot harder now.

99blackalero 11-29-2003 01:40 AM

i have a Brullen cat back and my buddy with a grand am has a Borla and he wishes he had got mine instead of borla, both have the 3400 engines

mfuller 12-01-2003 09:29 AM

Well, here's what I've noticed about exhausts on the Alero....

SLP is nice, but it doesn't seem to fit or line up as well as Borla (trust me; I've had both systems). Also Borla uses much nicer band clamps than the cheap horseshoe clamps that SLP uses. Both systems are well-made, so life expectancy isn't really an issue. SLP is definitely louder (it does not have a resonator like Borla) and has significantly more interior noise to it - which I found to be tiresome after about 3 months, and it's clear that they didn't spend any money making the muffler look pretty. Subjectively, I prefer Borla tips over SLP tips.

Grant 12-08-2003 12:24 PM

I'd agree with Matt on the SLP muffler appearance comment...I wish my SLP had a slightly nicer looking muffler. Depending on angle of road, you can see about 25% of the muffler and it's not polished. I took a buffer to it (while on car!) and it looks a little brighter.

For the money and sound, the SLP was a better choice than the borla. But like Matt said, the SLP's drone can get tiresome on a long drive. BUT, when passing people, they definitely look over at what's going by so fast and loud!

Grant

Pimpalero03 12-08-2003 05:07 PM

i have a custom dynomax dual exhaust system. cost me about 400. it sounds great and was made for a camaro. the muffler kinda shows a little but the installer painted the muffler flat black so you cant really notice it, and like i said, just put a body kiton and you wont see the muffler

Seire 12-15-2003 02:17 PM

What kind of muffler did you use, pimp? I'm looking to get an exhaust pretty soon (as in like tomorrow) and I've been looking for a good crossflow muffler.

Pimpalero03 12-16-2003 09:29 AM

um all i know is it was a dynomax super turbo muffler for a camaro

Redog 12-20-2003 08:44 AM

My exhaust is all custom I guess. I have a Ramdon Tech. cat, and a Ractive muffler. I just got a Flowmaster 40 and I will be getting it on hopefully next week. I also still have a stock resonator on there but that is going bye bye. :thumbsup: