Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   LA1 3400 Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Alero Twin Turbo (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35196)

Hellfire5670 12-14-2011 12:27 PM

Alero Twin Turbo

So i made the mistake of mentioning Twin turboing the alero to my dad after the complete engine rebuild... and now hes completely serious about helping me do it.... Any tips or know of anyone that has twin on a 3.4L Alero? or would i be the first..?

sleepyalero 12-14-2011 12:36 PM

pretty sure you would be the first, if you can succeed. and if its even possible, which if no one has done it yet it might not be possible or people just didnt want to tackle a job like that. ;)

Hellfire5670 12-14-2011 12:39 PM

Well im going to see if a few places here would sponsor me also My buddy is going to talking to his boss he works at one of the tire shops here and see if they would provide me with tires if i go through with it
I think its possible im gonna put as much of the best as i can in the engine before i even turbo it

AZFire316 12-14-2011 12:57 PM

you will want to insure that engine is 100% before considering a twin turbo setup. When I look under the hood of my Alero I just dont see the room under there for TT.

Shiwnath 12-14-2011 01:09 PM

Its a pain in the ass to get one turbo in there... It'll take a lot of work to get 2 in there... I just dont see how it'll work, but goodluck!

Hellfire5670 12-14-2011 01:14 PM

i know its going to take a lot of work so im going to custom make all my pipes and everything

Shiwnath 12-14-2011 01:27 PM

So what kind of set up are you thinking about? Sequential or parallel?

Hellfire5670 12-14-2011 01:30 PM

you know im not to sure yet i have a year or so to thinking about it untill my engine is rebuilt i want the 2 cones right beside eachother or put the ones in the fenders

[ion] C2 12-14-2011 01:36 PM

single > twin

for the most part. have fun with fitment haha

Hellfire5670 12-14-2011 01:55 PM

I will make it work ;) and i want a twin cause i never have heard of twin on a alero so i wanna make it happen i have 2 mechanics my buddy and myself to all think and do stuff for it and a good budget

[ion] C2 12-14-2011 01:57 PM

won't be that hard as long as you have someone good at tig welding. it's just piecing together piping..

Hellfire5670 12-14-2011 02:08 PM

I can weld :P and bend pipe and all that myself

kwhauck 12-14-2011 02:34 PM

Do you have a mandrel bender?

I'll be the first to say it, another kid saying stuff is gonna happen, it isn't.

And if you are so "into" the build getting done. What are you gonna use on the bottom end of your motor? I doubt you even have any idea.......

Redog 12-14-2011 02:53 PM

You're going to want to check out WOTTech for their turbo cam.

You'll want to build LOW compression, and a nice thick head gasket. Cometic FTW.

You'll need a good builder to build up the bottom end to handle all that boost. I would say a single turbo is best, but to do a twin, those turbos are going to hav e to be small. 2 turbos best for 1.7 liter engine would work. they are small, but still make a lot of heat.

kwhauck 12-14-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redog (Post 603924)
You're going to want to check out WOTTech for their turbo cam.

You'll want to build LOW compression, and a nice thick head gasket. Cometic FTW.

You'll need a good builder to build up the bottom end to handle all that boost. I would say a single turbo is best, but to do a twin, those turbos are going to hav e to be small. 2 turbos best for 1.7 liter engine would work. they are small, but still make a lot of heat.

Not necessarily......

[ion] C2 12-14-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redog (Post 603924)
You'll want to build LOW compression

Not that low.. I only dropped 0.5.

bentiac 12-14-2011 03:24 PM

Parallel or sequential?

Hellfire5670 12-14-2011 03:32 PM

yes we have a mandrel bender and i have heard good things about Cometic
i was thinking getting the turbo engine kit from WOT-tech I still have A lot of things to figure out but until i have all the parts for the engine build im not starting maybe start it all next summer i have a tig mig and a arc welder in the garage. I am completely serious about this build and if i can't do the piping myself then my buddy knows a place where they can do completely custom piping if worse comes to worse then i may only do a good sized single turbo but my minds set for twin

And thats why i came here for info someone has to have some tips for me..

kwhauck 12-14-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellfire5670 (Post 603935)
yes we have a mandrel bender and i have heard good things about Cometic
i was thinking getting the turbo engine kit from WOT-tech I still have A lot of things to figure out but until i have all the parts for the engine build im not starting maybe start it all next summer i have a tig mig and a arc welder in the garage. I am completely serious about this build and if i can't do the piping myself then my buddy knows a place where they can do completely custom piping if worse comes to worse then i may only do a good sized single turbo but my minds set for twin

And thats why i came here for info someone has to have some tips for me..

The wot-tech turbo kit packages don't include anything bottom end. And yes is for some reason you decide to go forward a single will be way better....

xXManwhoreXx 12-14-2011 10:27 PM

Single turbo can make way more power also much less to go wrong... Also you dont want low comp... Thats less power just get a fantastic tuner comfortable with hptuners