Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Appearance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   alluminum wings right or wrong you decide (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14360)

alan2.4 08-30-2006 12:38 AM

alluminum wings right or wrong you decide

Ok i know im really new here but i have a question about some threads ive been reading about how alluminum wings like horrible on aleros. i personally have a 2000 2.4 auto im in the midst of making my own. no ive thought of taking the wing off completely(stock spoiler) and going for that classy look clean. ive also thought about going for obviously fiberglass (not to big something fitting) but im also considering alluminum wing nothing cheap and fugly looking but ive come across and alero with an alluminum wing i dont think looks half bad at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/832061 pritty nice looking alero i think the wing looks decent. now i have all winter to think of this i just wanted some in put on how u guys think the wing looks on this alero. in my opinion not half bad looking may be an option for me. i not nessissarily making my desision but i think it may be considered speak your mind...

jackal2000 08-30-2006 12:46 AM

ugh, we just talked about that clown's car...erector set wing FTL!

here's the thread, surprisingly i dont see any posts about the wing, maybe i missed em though

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14309

alan2.4 08-30-2006 12:57 AM

lmao ha i didnt read that one yet but yes i agree with the shitty engine moding and paint job to boot but im refering to the wing... i think fiberglass is looking better just wanted to see what everyone els is thinking i may leen toward no wing i like the classy look(as i call it) just plain clean

billytheman1188 08-30-2006 01:06 AM

An alero without a spoiler isnt good looking UNLESS, you do work to your alero and make it look nice. but i like the stock spoiler, i also like the razzi one too.

The big wings are gay on almost every car. stick with the stock spoiler or the clean look.....just dont do the big gay spoilers PLEASEEEElol

AlbinoMonkeyRat 08-30-2006 01:52 AM

only cars that big spoilers DON'T look gay on are Supras and Vipers...and that's if they are the curved ones. ;)

Redog 08-30-2006 03:41 AM

Wrong!

Didn't even read your post, didn't have to, the title said it all

jackal2000 08-30-2006 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alan2.4 (Post 215538)
i may leen toward no wing i like the classy look(as i call it) just plain clean

you wont find a wing on my car....

Satsuriku 08-30-2006 09:45 AM

that was got to be the fugly'est engine modding i had ever seen in my life. come on, a blind dude with no arms can do a better job and even then he'll look at that go say "oh christ, the hell is that!! im already blind, dont need to be blinded again!!"

_01Alero_ 08-30-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billytheman1188 (Post 215540)
An alero without a spoiler isnt good looking UNLESS, you do work to your alero and make it look nice.

Id have to disagree on that statement. I think an alero without a spoiler looks good even if it hasn't had work done to it. Of course I like the smooth look of a car were you can actually see the curves of the car throughout its entirety. Of course that may just be me. I wouldn't put any spoiler on your car. Just go without one. A spoiler isn't going to help out with anything, because you aren't going to be going fast enough for the downforce in the rear to matter. IMO...

sound_xtreme 08-30-2006 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackal2000 (Post 215566)
you wont find a wing on my car....

or mine

[ion] C2 08-30-2006 01:19 PM

I *gasp* have an aluminum spoiler on mine, but it's actually painted correctly and is not fifty feet tall, so it looks alright. Pair it with some nice 18 inch wheels and the AAS body kit and it looks real sleek.

doubleN0alero 08-30-2006 01:34 PM

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo

ptrudel 08-30-2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by double0alero (Post 215635)
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo

x2

battistoni21 08-30-2006 01:45 PM

nosweat83's wing FTW

Coldfire 08-30-2006 02:48 PM

Ugh :thumbsdown:

troyertrain 08-30-2006 04:01 PM

my personal opinion, no wing other than the stock wing looks good at all. aluminum wings all look like crap, always have, always will.

billytheman1188 08-30-2006 05:04 PM

Can some people who actually have a gay looking spoiler post some pics up of it???? cause i need to laugh a littlelol

Redog 08-30-2006 05:15 PM

Quote:

you wont find a wing on my car

Quote:

Originally Posted by sound_xtreme (Post 215628)
or mine

Same here

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_olds_alero (Post 215638)
x2

I'll add x3

billytheman1188 08-30-2006 05:20 PM

just scroll down.....lol, i messed up on this

billytheman1188 08-30-2006 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _01Alero_ (Post 215627)
Id have to disagree on that statement. I think an alero without a spoiler looks good even if it hasn't had work done to it. Of course I like the smooth look of a car were you can actually see the curves of the car throughout its entirety. Of course that may just be me. I wouldn't put any spoiler on your car. Just go without one. A spoiler isn't going to help out with anything, because you aren't going to be going fast enough for the downforce in the rear to matter. IMO...

It just looks bad if the car is stock and there is no spoiler. if u lower it and put some rims on it, it will look good. but a stock alero and no spoiler looks like ass in my opinion. i know my spoiler doesnt do shit, but i just like the look of it