Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   At The Track (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   2nd time going to track (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38175)

01OhioAlero 10-08-2014 11:15 AM

2nd time going to track

Im going to the track for my 2nd time today.
I have wai,ported lower intake,egr delete, and tune.
Is there any tips you guys have for me? Last time I went 17.1 best and 18.2 worst. I know even a stock alero should go like 15.8. What can I be doing wrong?

03glgold 10-08-2014 02:12 PM

How were you launching? Were you waiting until the light changed or were you holding it up to a certain rpm? If so what rpm? If you have trac control was it on or off?

sleepyalero 10-08-2014 03:16 PM

Yeah you should be in the high fifteen low sixteen mark stock. Idk what you are doing. Lol

01OhioAlero 10-08-2014 04:01 PM

Holding it at 1500 rpm, trac was off did little burnout out at box. Here's the slips and a pic of the 1st car I ran against. It was my first time so I guess being nervous and having no experience played a part. Also I got so much wheel spin it was terrible.

sleepyalero 10-08-2014 04:38 PM

Word of advice. Dont do a burn out, and try to go around the water as best as you can. I never do a burn out in mine, as long as i can dodge the water before the light. Wet tires mean no traction.

If you had drag radials or slicks i would suggest one. But the car isnt really fast enough to need to do a burn out. At least in my opinion.

Also if you wheel hop, let out. Its very harsh and can break things.

Ive been to a track 3 times and probably been down one about 20 times total. My car i know can run under 15 sec but i dont go to the track often and do not have my launch down, the pavement there is very sticky unlike the street (of course)

I can make my car shine on the street but when it hits the track its almost like i dont know what im doing because its so much different. Id like to see what my car would run in the 1/4 on a normal road and not the track.

All in all, i just need to practice more at the track to get things down. But meet me at a red light, ill give you a run for your money. ;)

Also, one more word of advice. Once the THIRD yellow light fully comes on, punch it. You will get a good RT. Dont wait for the green. Launch just before it.

My best RT i can remember was .022 :)

3500Alero 10-08-2014 04:47 PM

Don't bother with doing a burn out until you have slicks or drag radials. Drive around the water box and give it a shot from a stop, just to clean the tires. Try launching at idle too. Looks like you may have other problems, because your mph should be higher. This is a 3400 car correct?

What was the weather like last time you went?

sleepyalero 10-08-2014 05:30 PM

I trap low 90 mph to high 80 mph. Something is up.

Redog 10-08-2014 09:06 PM

1500 RPMs is too high. I do 1000 or 1100.

Leave on the 3rd amber, if you don't red light once in a while you're not trying hard enough. .600 is "sleeping on the tree"

go around the water box. I can see your 60' is horrible. My Delta with the Stock 307, running 18.5 @ 72 has a better 60' than that. Go around the water box, stop, pull e-brake, give the gas pedal a little stab. You see smoke, it's too much. Too much of a burnout on a radial will make the tire greasy and slippery, the exact oppsite you want. Water from the water box can stay in the treads and leak down while you're staging, also causing wheel spin.

Bring tire PSI down to about 25 PSI.

Watch the car in front of you. If it's a RWD car with slicks, try to stage your tires where his were (in the grove) If its a FWD car, ricer that wants to look cool, or a RWD car with radials, that run is pretty much effed because he tracked water up to the line for you.

The ported lower isn't going to help you that much because you are only letting as much air in as your smallest opening will allow. Since you are running a WAI, remove the driver's side headlight. If you can get the piping to make it a CAI, remove foglight and fender liner for best air flow.

What "tune" do you have. Tune is a word that get thrown around a lot today. What is "tuned" is it "off the shelf PCM, or was it done with HPTuners?

01OhioAlero 10-09-2014 08:08 AM

A tune from Milzy. I missed yesterday so I cant go agian this season. Hopefully by next season I can get at least 15's

Redog 10-09-2014 04:59 PM

So it's an "off-the-shelf" tune which is fine because tuning isn't exactly easy :cool:

sleepyalero 10-09-2014 05:09 PM

Well i doubt it could be a tune issue. But idk i have heard nothing but great things out of milzys street tunes for the GA and alero, havent heard one person complain. I always see "you can really tell the difference" type of things.

Seems like there could be something wrong thats not letting you get full power. But i really dont know.

01OhioAlero 10-09-2014 06:11 PM

I dont either. It was about 80 degrees and sunny so that might have slowed me down a bit. And yeah the tune is nice, I love the way the car shifts now its so much better.

Redog 10-09-2014 08:31 PM

The closest I got to a prefect light was .004 and -.001.

Are the tracks closed around you now? Seems kind of early. One track here is open until the 2nd weekend berfore Christmas

01OhioAlero 10-09-2014 10:28 PM

The only one within a hour drive closes pretty early. This weekend it the last time they run sadly. But they got jet stuff so its gonna be pretty cool.

Redog 10-10-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepyalero (Post 657751)
Well i doubt it could be a tune issue. But idk i have heard nothing but great things out of milzys street tunes for the GA and alero, havent heard one person complain. I always see "you can really tell the difference" type of things.

Seems like there could be something wrong thats not letting you get full power. But i really dont know.

I didn't doubt it was the tune. I think he's spinning the shit out of those tires because he's going thru the water box.

The water box is there for slick tire cars to do a burnout to heat up the tires for better traction, not for a radial tire car to show off ;)

sleepyalero 10-10-2014 06:54 PM

Wasnt referring to you doubting it. :)

But i only do a slight burn out if i cant dodge the water they lay down.