Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Rebuilding Engine And Tranny! (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12350)

MixtapeMessiah 04-16-2006 05:56 PM

OK I heard to use wiseco pistons and eagle rods but I cant find crap on it. I need to rebuild my engine and somewhere under $1500, I can do all the labor myself at school so I aint worried about that. So where can I find all these parts at? I try to mod list but none of the damn links ever works so thats outta the question, also I need a new flywheel and stage 2 clutch. Help me out fellas

natedawg9640 04-16-2006 06:35 PM

what engine? i'm guessing the 2.2 becasue you have a manual...

MixtapeMessiah 04-16-2006 06:37 PM

nah I got a 2.4 with auto tranny, guess I should have put that up first too, sorry bout that

Fast Eddie 04-17-2006 02:13 AM

Well since its in the 2.4 area, that's kinda what I figured. cnc motorsports for the rods and karo @ carcustoms or TRS for the pistons. You replacing the bearings and hardware too? I think karo can hook you up on both those as well.

Spilner521 04-17-2006 02:16 AM

I would've guessed that it was a 2.4L Twin Cam engine...seeing that this is the "2.4L Twin-Cam Specific Questions" forum. anyways.... check out http://www.carcustoms.net for parts. look up performance parts for a cavalier since its the same engine. you'll find pistons and rods as well as many other parts. you could also email the guy, his name is Karo, i've heard he's a great guy to deal with. see if he can maybe cut you a deal if you're going to buy all the parts together. and you wont be able to get a flywheel and stage 2 clutch if you have an auto tranny.... those parts are only for manual.

Edit - Eddie you beat me to it :P

keepitsimple 04-19-2006 08:39 PM

ok i have a wiseco piston set, it comes with all gaskets and bearings needed, you can buy it for 999, pistons included , you can also get the eagle rods for like 375 or so through the same place. go here site and type under search cchp-04, and where it says search flatlander next to the kit # click "search ipp", click the link and scroll down to the 2.4 vin T and there is all your info, if u call they will tell you about the rods if you ask, i got my parts no prob, but thats what i got. comes with lifters and all that good stuff check it out!!

keepitsimple 04-19-2006 08:44 PM

this kit will save you from having to track the other gaskets bearings and other crap down, it was def worth it.

Fast Eddie 04-20-2006 11:40 AM

What kind of bearings and gasket did it come with? OEM or something better? Does it come with new bolts as well?

keepitsimple 04-24-2006 02:55 PM

no new bolts, but u can get ARP which arent torque to yield and are better, so ive heard, thats what im changing too. and its oem bearings, im pretty sure that there isnt anything better yet. they are clevit 77 bearings. as far as the gaskets a copper head and the rest im not sure specifically. but i dont suggest the copper head gasket, get an MLS gasket , way better.

NoSweat83 04-24-2006 03:06 PM

Spilner521 check your link. I dont get car parts.

Fast Eddie 04-25-2006 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by keepitsimple@Apr 24 2006, 12:55 PM
no new bolts, but u can get ARP which arent torque to yield and are better, so ive heard, thats what im changing too. and its oem bearings, im pretty sure that there isnt anything better yet. they are clevit 77 bearings. as far as the gaskets a copper head and the rest im not sure specifically. but i dont suggest the copper head gasket, get an MLS gasket , way better.

Now I'm really cornfused. What do you mean ARP arent torque to yeild? I 've got ARPs, head and block, and am not sure what that means?? Clevit bearings are not OEM, they are the step up. The gasket is copper?? That is not OE. Does it include O-rings? I was hoping for fel-pro. Are they still making the MLS gaskets? What else is in this kit??

Oldsman 04-25-2006 10:40 AM

the MLS gaskets are still out there.