Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2003 Alero (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34219)

scottdean13 06-08-2011 04:36 PM

2003 Alero

Hey guy's, im new to this site and am looking for your advice and i will give as many details as possible. i got my 2003 3.4l v6 alero about 3 weeks ago and curently has an extremly strong running 170k on the engine i will be posting pictures soon. i am looking to make it into a car i can bring to drag races and be able to do decently so what i am saying is i would like to be able to get as much power outta this v6 as possible. onlything i have on it right now is and unfinished CAI as it is still sitting in the engine bay colleccting all the warm air, i plan on moveing it to somewhere cooler once i get all of my other mods done. i plan on porting both the upper and lower intakes to 65mm and get a 65mm TB when i replace my intake gastkets. i also plan on etheir porting or just buying new exhaust manifold, new 52 pound gas jets to compinsate for the increased airflow and possibly a chip depending on if theres any worth whie ones made for the aleos.after all this is done possibly a turbo. plz post any other worthwhile mods you think would give me that little bit of an extra edge or just post your opinion on my planed mods.

sleepyalero 06-08-2011 04:40 PM

CAI goes into the bumper on our cars, pipe runs down by the battery down in front of the wheel well

scottdean13 06-08-2011 04:44 PM

yeh ive already taken out that plastic tube that was in there, im just waiting to get th 65 TB so i can get the pipes a bit bigger then the 3in i have now, then ill finish th CAI and itll be sitting at the left corner of the front bumper.

Shiwnath 06-08-2011 04:44 PM

Welcome fellow Canadian! There are no "chips" for Aleros. You just need software and hardware that connects to your car's OBD2 port to change the factory computer settings accordingly to what you decide to do to your car. HP Tuners is a popular choice on here and it has a lot of support.

scottdean13 06-08-2011 04:45 PM

thanks for the greeting :), but since its around $400 would it be a better idea to take it into a dyno and get it custom tuned by a pro?

Redog 06-08-2011 04:56 PM

Not really, since every mod you do can benifit from tuning.

The P&P manis along with the 65mm TB is a great start. Make sure that the upper is ported to accept a 65mm TB otherwise, it's a waste.

The injectors, if your staying NA, going bigger than 28# is also a waste. Unless you put a cam it that the car isn't going to be streetable anyway

Check out www.wottech.com

You don't have to be "fast" to run at the track. I've ran my Alero when it was a 16.2 second car and I'm still running it now when it's running 14.53

scottdean13 06-08-2011 05:03 PM

well i dont plan on getting a new cam, so your saying 28# injectors would be idle for what i want to do?

That01Olds 06-08-2011 07:00 PM

Welcome to the site man.

Redog 06-08-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottdean13 (Post 587402)
well i dont plan on getting a new cam, so your saying 28# injectors would be idle for what i want to do?

WIth the 28# injectors, your pretty much maxed out with a stock cam, anymore is overkill. Plus you will need tuning after installing them. Not worth it without tuning

zzyzzx 06-08-2011 09:12 PM

Welcome! We do have a new Members Introduction Area here:

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

bkathsalero 06-08-2011 10:43 PM

Like Redog said injectors are overkill. I would also suggest you just buy a bench motor to build, pick up one from a junk yard and go through it all and then swap in when the time is right. Seeing as you have 170k on your block its not a wise choice to start piss pounding it at the track, I'm guessing its also your daily driver, Its gunna suck to go to the track on a saturday spin a bearing and not have a car for work on monday. Whats your budget as of now for mods?

Oldsnut 06-08-2011 10:48 PM

Welcome Scott, we are glad you made it here.

Stain 06-09-2011 06:00 PM

welcome to the site fellow noob ;)