Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   General Performance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Defective OEM Tires (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268)

freeze12 11-21-2003 01:52 AM

Waxed My 01 Alero couple days ago & looked at the Tires (stock) P215-60R15 BF Goodrich Touring TA SR4. Well I noticed in between the treads that the rubber showed signs of cracking. So today I call BF Goodrich & spoke to someone & told Him the situation. He said to take the Olds to a tire dealer to look at the tires & measure the tread as BF Goodrich is covering this & giving me a NEW set of tires (minus the pro rate, of course)!!! good deal since I have 16,755 miles on the car.

Thought I would post this just in case someone else has the same tire condition on their Alero.

...Dan...

Grouch 11-21-2003 02:52 AM

I had the same happen on my work car, which has Goodyear Eagles on it. Called the Ford dealer and they told me to go to a Goodyear tire dealer for the warranty on the tires.

The Goodyear dealer replaced the two bad ones, tread separation, and advised they had to send the old tires up to Goodyear Corp or something another for evaluation then if they determine it's defective they would issue me a refund. Yeah right. Glad I don't have to pay for tires on my work car. :P

nevr_enuf 11-22-2003 06:14 PM

I got them Eagles on mine and the more they wear, the louder they seem to get. <_<

Aleromaster 11-23-2003 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by freeze12@Nov 21 2003, 06:52 AM
Waxed My 01 Alero couple days ago & looked at the Tires (stock) P215-60R15 BF Goodrich Touring TA SR4. Well I noticed in between the treads that the rubber showed signs of cracking. So today I call BF Goodrich & spoke to someone & told Him the situation. He said to take the Olds to a tire dealer to look at the tires & measure the tread as BF Goodrich is covering this & giving me a NEW set of tires (minus the pro rate, of course)!!! good deal since I have 16,755 miles on the car.

Thought I would post this just in case someone else has the same tire condition on their Alero.

...Dan...

Yeah i had the same problem but I didn't bring them in till 31000 miles and they said that they couldn't do anything since it had over 30000 miles. I was pissed seeing that I had only bought the car a month earlyer. Since I was going on a cross country trip I was impatiant and bought new ones anyway. :huh?: :angry: :angry:

3.4Alero 11-23-2003 03:38 PM

Thanks for the info on this. OEM tires have been a problem for a few years now. My dealer wouldn't help me out at all on mine.

freeze12 11-23-2003 04:32 PM

RE:My dealer wouldn't help me out at all on mine.
__________________________________________________ _

Yep.... The H_LL with the dealer. Just call the manufacturer (in My case BF Goodrich) & deal with them. I could not beleive how great BF Goodrich was to me in resolving the issue. It's called good Customer relations & the manufacturer would rather Your next set of Tires be "BF Goodrich"
PS: The person i spoke to at BF Goodrich was "Bobby" he said he is the only person with that name there.

BF Goodrich: Tele: 1-877-788-8899 "Bobby"

...Dan...