Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Aleromod.com Showcase (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The "newest" look (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37776)

sleepyalero 02-19-2014 11:45 AM

The "newest" look

Well im out getting an alignment done. Heres a small sneak peak without the stripes. Ill post more after the alignment. Cause I plan to go somewhere for some pics.

tw0123 02-19-2014 11:49 AM

Sooooo clean!!! Jealous here!!
Looks much better Nate! :)

sleepyalero 02-19-2014 11:58 AM

Thanks man! Im loving it with and without. I think it will stay this way so its a clean sleak look.

03glgold 02-19-2014 12:01 PM

It looks good, what does the dealership think about the 6 speed

sleepyalero 02-19-2014 12:10 PM

Well this is the only dealership I go to because they are super nice here. And know how I am about my car so they are very careful and respectful with it and me.

But as for the 6 speed they like it. They found out about it last time I was here (that was when I lowered the car and needed an alignment) but they like it and havent seen anything done like that on an alero before.

Few things what were discussed today about my car...

Guy walked up and wrote down mileage and what not. Said nice paint job. I said thanks its stock paint. His jaw dropped and thought I was kidding. I said nope. I clean the car pretty much everyday. He said theres not even a spec of orange peel on it. Its hard to get black paint looking that good. Fabulous job.

Another guy was asking me about my brakes and if I do my own work and what not. So it got alot of compliments today from them. Im still here now

Some people think dealer pricing is crazy and should go somewhere else. Sure there might be reputable shops else where for cheaper. And also maybe not. But I look at it this way.

They treat me well, treat my car excellent, have never got the car back with new scratches. They are very careful. And for the extra money being spent at the dealer compared to a side shop.. the extra bucks is worth it knowing how well they treat the car. I have no worries when I bring the car to this dealer. And knowing the car is in good hands is a great feeling.

I dont take the car here often at all though. Its mainly for when I cant do something I take it to my local GM dealer.

negolien 02-19-2014 12:16 PM

Yeah I agree..Sometimes I go to a dealer just because it's a known factor vs some unkown joe blow.

tw0123 02-19-2014 01:28 PM

That's where i have the best of both worlds... we have one of the better GM dealers in the area IMO, and I'm lucky enough to have one of their mechanic's as my neighbour... so i get the dealership work and parts for cost with a case of beer for labour on minor things and huge discounts on major things (motor swap, header and exhaust installation for $550) all right next door so i can watch while the works.done!!

sleepyalero 02-19-2014 02:06 PM

Thats the way to do it tim!

sleepyalero 02-19-2014 02:15 PM

Didnt take a lot of pics like I said.... only took 2... heres the other one.

kinkyredalero 02-19-2014 02:22 PM

So much cleanness of your car Nate! I LOVE IT!

sleepyalero 02-19-2014 02:42 PM

Thank you! :)

MMGT1 02-19-2014 03:31 PM

Yup, that's the look sleepy... keep it just like that! Nice job keeping it looking the way it does. I was a freak about the cleanliness of mine and it paid off. Car still looks fantastic the last time i saw it. There is around 50 coats of Zaino on it so it should look good for a long time to come if its taken care of. If your not already a Zaino user, give it a try!! Best Ive ever found and Ive used everything out there just about. The thing with Zaino is, if your paint is already in good shape it will be out of this world with just two applications. Get 10 or so on and it becomes AMAZING! The depth that Zaino gives is second to none buddy, and it's buildable, the more you do, the deeper and wetter it gets!

sleepyalero 02-19-2014 03:45 PM

Interesting..... ill have to look that stuff up. Thanks buddy!

Babyblue 02-19-2014 06:31 PM

Looks amazing! Can't wait to see it at Homecoming!

sleepyalero 02-19-2014 06:43 PM

Neither can I! lol

bdyman 02-22-2014 06:45 AM

very clean car
im on the fence about dealer work, some dealer techs are just parts changers plug in the scan tool and change the part
very few and far between will you find an real mechanic that has real mechanic skills
same goes in my trade there are bondo slingers and there are guys like me that can build a car and or make and shape metal
dealer labor rates are nuts here its 120 per hour
the shop I work for custom and restoration labor is 90 per hour
the mechanic we have is a real diagnostic tech, and a fabricator you name it this guy can do it
buisnesses today in the automotive field they want us to hold this certificate that certificate eff that!!!
can you fix the car yes or no
some guys cant some guys can
anyways
countinue the theme with blacked out tail lights and headlights
lower the car a tad bit more
that's my opinion but I like the car

billytheman1188 02-22-2014 10:34 AM

SEXY!!!!!:coolio: :coolio: Love it without the stripe.....so slick and clean.

I hear ya about paying a little extra if you know your car is in good hands. I hate having people work on my car. There's like 2 mechanics around here that i trust....1 lives like 25 min away and the other works at the body shop i work at....this guy is awesome...can fix anything. So i guess i'm lucky to have a good mechanic at work....anything ever goes wrong...call up the shop, have it towed in and worked on while i'm working :P haha

Those wheels are nice dude....i've been debating if i want to just buy two more enkei wheels and throw them back on (two were damaged in my accident) or buy some nice all black wheels or maybe go chrome again? hehe.

sleepyalero 02-22-2014 10:57 AM

Thanks guys!

I dont want my car blacked out again. It was boring to me lol

Billy id get new wheels something you really like.

Nas Escobar 02-23-2014 12:36 AM

Sleepy, you're lucky you have found a good dealership. My local GM dealers are asshats that don't even know what the f*ck a toe alignment tool is for the W body....

sleepyalero 02-23-2014 12:55 AM

Haha yeah some dealers suck. Its hard to find a good business/mechanic these days.