Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Paint and Body Work (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   euro hoods (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29409)

extreme_kustom_audio 11-08-2009 11:59 PM

euro hoods

so ive lookd and seen no topic on this. well that may be because they dont make these for are cars. so on to the point. come across the ideal on a grand am site.i know theres talk that grand am dont fit us, but i read that they will do a production run if there was enough people for the run, that they would do a run for pons..so i got in my head to email them tonight to see if they would do a production run for are cars just the aleros any yr. i also asked if in the production run if they could do the color that have for other cars, bc i knw all of us dont want clear hoods.so upon the though maybe we dont want to open the hood at a show so if u show alot theres a clear hood. but lets get off the point of a differ run, its an ideal im working on for now.......so may i ask? if this is even possible to have them do this for us, how many of you think its a good ideal. ill link the site thats got all the colors.also in the email i asked them if that if they did the production run would they do a mod to it like a cowl or a ram style or any style intakes for the hood...

so heres the link just click the pic and it will inlarge the pic for the other colors
http://www.jcwhitney.com/TRANSPARENT...;N;2006533;0;0

so all in all i just want knw if you all think this is a good ideal? also how many would buy this,and do u think if they do this for us should we just make a one off style with vents and any color we want.

maybe all a waste of thread and a post and lots of flaming but we all want one off right just a random thought and ideal

for all the pep this may loose just go to the site ull c what im talking bout if u would like to have one of the pm me and let me knw bc i might get it made

Bad99Olds 11-09-2009 12:00 AM

I have no idea what you just said.

worknprog.99 11-09-2009 12:03 AM

rice...

KenshinZero 11-09-2009 12:11 AM

everytime I open the page for the hoods it tells me there is an error and closes my interwebs, maybe because im @ work, but idk its lame. Im 50-50 about transparent hoods, color matched would be kinda cool, but still ricy.

[ion] C2 11-09-2009 12:15 AM

hell yeah JCWhitney

he wants a see through hood

extreme_kustom_audio 11-09-2009 12:22 AM

yea love the bash new it was coming all well the point of puting this up is i knw theres not alot of parts for are cars unless there custom done and i figure i just share with everyone yea it mayb rice or lame and shit but its a thought and like ive heard others say people bitch bc the parts arnt there and when there offered there rice and shit like that threw out well i wounder why the big companys dont make the parts for some cars so all that said bash me the hell away so i can get a good laugh for all the bash for a thought for aftermarket.................

KenshinZero 11-09-2009 12:39 AM

I think people are looking for more performance parts than visual stuff. like a good turbo or intercooled supercharger kit, more than a transparent hood, not trying to bash, just throwing in my 2 cents.

wrestlingandrunning 11-09-2009 12:50 AM

^^^^ x2

adam337 11-09-2009 01:55 AM

why the eff would you want people to see your stock engine?

extreme_kustom_audio 11-09-2009 02:04 AM

if ur refuring to my pic thats a pic from when first got car 4 yrs ago.....and no it would be for the modded nice show engines or ect

DansGen1Alero 11-09-2009 06:35 AM

this is NOT rice or lame. This IS a good idea. It is for show cars that have engine work done so you dont have to prop your hood. I think its a great idea, although I do not have interest in buying.

kwhauck 11-09-2009 07:42 AM

I do not have any interest in this product, my carbon fiber cowl hood is just fine thanx.......

Th0r 11-09-2009 10:00 AM

west virgina mst had not tought fonics in shcooll.

AleroB888 11-09-2009 10:05 AM

Can I get one in white?

[ion] C2 11-09-2009 10:08 AM

Actually what's cool about these is you can paint them like the R/C car bodies:

I think a smoke tint hood would look pretty neat:

cherrington17 11-09-2009 10:17 AM

ehh. it'd be a giant PITA to keep the inside clean. Hell.. i don't even clean my engine, let alone the inside of the hood.

DansGen1Alero 11-09-2009 10:30 AM

Ion, that fire one is hott, lmao pun intented.

Cherry, they are more for show cars.....ie people that do religiously clean their engine bays. I think they would be fairly easiy to clean, just a wipe down with some glass cleaner......now if you have a collant leak and it sprays off the belt that could be messy, lol

Kilroy 11-09-2009 12:20 PM

A clear hood for a daily driver would get so scratched from stone chips, and bugs, and little kids chasing a soccer ball, that it would look like crap after a while. However, if you have an engine bay worth showing off, and are putting your car into an auto show, the clear hood would be a nice touch!! (for just the car show though)

DansGen1Alero 11-09-2009 12:50 PM

I agree, they have that film stuff for headlights, whats to say something like that wouln't work.

Bad99Olds 11-09-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Th0r (Post 507275)
west virgina mst had not tought fonics in shcooll.

can we please be friends? haha