Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Appearance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   New Temp plate (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38373)

Redog 03-10-2015 06:46 PM

New Temp plate

1 Attachment(s)
For those than haven't seen this on the Alero page on Facebook...

Probably the first Alero to have this. I ordered a personalized one, but they send this one first, then send the personalized one later. But yet they cry they are running out of number combations :rolleyes2:

sleepyalero 03-10-2015 07:34 PM

Why is pic upside down.

That01Olds 03-10-2015 10:40 PM

I still wish they would've come out with a better design for that plate, but other than that nice man! Also not sure if you already mentioned it or not lol, but what did you end up going with on the personalized one?

Papa Rad17 03-10-2015 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That01Olds (Post 660461)
I still wish they would've come out with a better design for that plate, but other than that nice man! Also not sure if you already mentioned it or not lol, but what did you end up going with on the personalized one?

My question as well. Kinda stumped why they need to issue a plate like that if your getting a personalized one as well O.o. But, very nice :thumb:

Redog 03-10-2015 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepyalero (Post 660453)
Why is pic upside down.

Anybody else have this issue? it's not upside down on my screen

Quote:

Originally Posted by That01Olds (Post 660461)

In this order:

RED0G (might be taken by the Red Dog beer compeny in Latrobe, PA. It was ava when I applied)

HO0SV (This one was Scot's idea. I though it was good, until I seen it laid out. Actually hope I don't get thsi one. Might get rejected as obscene)

0SV-X (I know, I know I don't have the OSV kit, but as far as I know, I still have one of the fastest V6, NA Aleros, plus I wanted an X or a Q in the plate combo for some reason. The X could stand for no body kit :lol: )

I was limited to 5 letters on the Classic Tags, although the standard issue Classic Tag has 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 (Post 660462)
My question as well. Kinda stumped why they need to issue a plate like that if your getting a personalized one as well O.o. But, very nice :thumb:

I agree. They said it's so I could drive the car around now. I still had a standard plate on the car. Not like it was going to be a big deal if I had to wait 10 weeks for the new plate. I waited 7 weeks for the purple on white classic tag on the Delta and they didn't personalize them back then. Personailzing these plates only started in Sept, 2014

Nas Escobar 03-11-2015 01:18 AM

What I don't get is why they didn't just issue you a paper plate. Virginia does that now at the DMV when you order specialized plates through the DMV. The only time you get a hard tag is when you don't have emissions but need to test it so you get a month to do it and then keep the tag. It's stupid IMO.

But it's cool you managed to do that. I could do that in DC since it's 15 years for a car brand out of production completely (So that puts a 2000 Olds eligible for it), otherwise it's 25 years. Same in VA, but I hate the driving limitations. Sadly this is why I would never put a classic car tag on my cars. I love driving em too much.

Redog 03-11-2015 05:15 PM

I had a paper plate on the Volvo when I bought it. I bought it in New Jersey though. A 20 day non resident plate. I still have it with all the paperwork for that car :D

The only time I've seen PA issue a cardboard plate, was for an out of state resident. Cliff bought a GMC Sierra Denali witht he 4 wheel steering just outside of Philly a few years ago and I helped him out with the transaction. They issued him a cardboard plate and sent him on his way :coolio:

I don't mind the limited miles though. The Volvo is my DD, the Alero sits in the garage from November early December till April and the Delta gets driven one day a week, at most. Yes I enjoy driving them, but there are so many ahoes driving around here...

That01Olds 03-11-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 (Post 660462)

Yeah, would've made more sense to just let him keep the plate that was on the car until the personalized one he ordered came in. There is really no point in wasting plate numbers like that imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redog (Post 660463)
Anybody else have this issue? it's not upside down on my screen

Pic isn't upside down on my screen either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redog (Post 660463)
In this order:

RED0G (might be taken by the Red Dog beer compeny in Latrobe, PA. It was ava when I applied)

HO0SV (This one was Scot's idea. I though it was good, until I seen it laid out. Actually hope I don't get thsi one. Might get rejected as obscene)

0SV-X (I know, I know I don't have the OSV kit, but as far as I know, I still have one of the fastest V6, NA Aleros, plus I wanted an X or a Q in the plate combo for some reason. The X could stand for no body kit :lol: )

I was limited to 5 letters on the Classic Tags, although the standard issue Classic Tag has 6

Nice. I like your 1st and 3rd choice the best. I get the 2nd one, but I feel like most people outside the Alero/Oldsmobile community wouldn't understand what it meant and I could definitely see how someone might mistake it as something obscene.

Nas Escobar 03-13-2015 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redog (Post 660471)
I had a paper plate on the Volvo when I bought it. I bought it in New Jersey though. A 20 day non resident plate. I still have it with all the paperwork for that car :D

The only time I've seen PA issue a cardboard plate, was for an out of state resident. Cliff bought a GMC Sierra Denali witht he 4 wheel steering just outside of Philly a few years ago and I helped him out with the transaction. They issued him a cardboard plate and sent him on his way :coolio:

I don't mind the limited miles though. The Volvo is my DD, the Alero sits in the garage from November early December till April and the Delta gets driven one day a week, at most. Yes I enjoy driving them, but there are so many ahoes driving around here...

I didn't know states could issue transport plates that are longer than the trip. I usually get the gay transport tag from VA that only allows me to take it from point a to point b.

The reason I hate the limit is because I drive a lot. I actually average 40k a year. So I split it between cars to keep the miles low.

CharmfulPeace 07-01-2016 01:21 AM

Here it's 30 years to register the vehicles as a classic... Just gotta keep Izzy running for another 18 years! xD I'll be 40 by then and will hopefully still have my girl.