Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Common Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Hubcentric Rings-something I learned the hard way (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36222)

XanderWiFi 08-06-2012 07:22 PM

Hubcentric Rings-something I learned the hard way

Now that it is nearing the end of summer I decided to put the pimp rims back on Angel. I had the stocks put on before we towed her to VA from TX. It isn't until I get to the last tire, pull the stock off and see the melted hubcentric ring. Ruined.

eff.

They were there for a reason so I did not ignore their destruction. Of course I can't find any in an auto parts store so I call tirerack to:

1. Make sure I have the right size for the pimp rims (if needed)
2. Make sure I have the right size
3. Get a set for the stocks as well (if not interchangeable)

Tire rack informs me that yes, pimp rims need the black plastic hub centric rings but stock wheels do not typically have hub centric rings on account the stock wheel is fitted to the stock hub-right? Makes sense to me. Especially after pulling my stock wheel off to find the melted ring flattened inside.

So correct me if I am wrong: our stock wheels do not need the plastic black hub centric rings. And if wrong: please point me in the right direction to have the proper size.

colonel6632 08-06-2012 07:49 PM

stock rims dont need hubcentric rings. just slam them on

AleroB888 08-06-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanderWiFi (Post 622662)
Now that it is nearing the end of summer I decided to put the pimp rims back on Angel. I had the stocks put on before we towed her to VA from TX. It isn't until I get to the last tire, pull the stock off and see the melted hubcentric ring. Ruined.

eff.

They were there for a reason so I did not ignore their destruction. Of course I can't find any in an auto parts store so I call tirerack to:

1. Make sure I have the right size for the pimp rims (if needed)
2. Make sure I have the right size
3. Get a set for the stocks as well (if not interchangeable)

Tire rack informs me that yes, pimp rims need the black plastic hub centric rings but stock wheels do not typically have hub centric rings on account the stock wheel is fitted to the stock hub-right? Makes sense to me. Especially after pulling my stock wheel off to find the melted ring flattened inside.

So correct me if I am wrong: our stock wheels do not need the plastic black hub centric rings. And if wrong: please point me in the right direction to have the proper size.

Stock wheels need no rings. I went thru the hubcentric ring deal with 5Zigen wheels one time. I contacted the manufacturer and bought them over the phone.

I switched wheels to stock size at the track once and forgot the rings were on. Not good.

XanderWiFi 08-06-2012 10:16 PM

Yep. In that same boat...Glad to have it confirmed though! Won't make that mistake again.