Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   General Performance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Common Problems For Aleros (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10842)

ddba12 01-16-2006 11:40 PM

Well I like my car very much and this stuff is probobly nothing to complain about or anything. It just seems that every problem I have had on my car like every other Alero owner has had it too.

These are the problems

1. Water pump/ lower intake gasket at 50k

2. Windows scratching on exterior

3. Gas gauge acts strange at times

4. Wheel berrings wear out

This is all I can think of at the moment but I know im missing a couple of things, but I guess its not that bad.

Chucklez05 01-16-2006 11:51 PM

My cars sitting at 84,000 and of that list all ive had problems with is the glass scratching. But i have had to put in a water pump, 2 alternators, a tranny, multiple baerings in the accsories on the engine, and thats all i can think of right now.

Creeper 01-17-2006 12:34 AM

64000 miles and nothing yet. :usflag:

alerored04 01-17-2006 12:54 AM

had all of them :Noooo:

cherrington17 01-17-2006 08:45 AM

starting issue.... no-one knows what it is... just turns over a bunch before it actually starts...

freakout 01-17-2006 09:18 AM

Hazard switch
Window track breaking
rear defroster relay/control box (mines gones gotta fix)
bumper warpage

Lovestheh20 01-17-2006 10:31 AM

blower motor resistor

front brakes

megabyte 01-17-2006 11:26 AM

I'm currently having the gasket problem. Replaced the blower motor resistor. Can the window scratching problem be fixed somehow?

ddba12 01-17-2006 11:13 PM

Yeah I just want to know whats inside my window that is scratching it and making the squeeking sound every time it goes up and down. Im planning on replacing the window because it is beyond repair and im getting my windows re-tinted. Though I don't want the new one to have the same problem.

exnine@gmail.com 01-18-2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by cherrington17@Jan 17 2006, 08:45 AM
starting issue.... no-one knows what it is... just turns over a bunch before it actually starts...

myne does that sometimes. after it turns over and starts reluctantly. it always fires right up the next time. kinda wierd.

My glass is alll scratched. :( and I just recently got a crack in my windshield that split all the way to the top.

natedawg9640 01-18-2006 03:33 PM

blower motor resistor

abs sensors

bumper warpage

that's about it... except that the car seems to pull highly to the left when state troopers are next to me so now it needs body work...

violentrapture 01-18-2006 09:50 PM

No kidding - what's up with the scratched windows? I had to have my front passenger replaced when it got knocked out in the robbery, but they were all scratched - almost like there was sand or something down in there. I'm going in tomorrow to have the 3 other windows replaced/retinted - and I'd hate to be out another $400 in a couple months if it's just going to do it again. Is there a fix for it or something?

Collin

Oldsman 01-18-2006 10:00 PM

some years had problems with water leaking in the car if it sits out in a hard rain.

Str33tRacer 01-20-2006 09:33 PM

Yeah my cars back floor was a little damp, but i then realiezed it was because the doors wern't shut completly everynight.... As for the windows... can ANYONE answer the question?

freakout 01-22-2006 03:19 PM

poor design

Menace 01-22-2006 10:45 PM

Ive replaced:

Bolth window tracks and motors
New Power Stearing Pump
New Water Pump

My windows always scratch to, its effn anoying.

2002rubyalero 01-23-2006 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by violentrapture@Jan 18 2006, 09:50 PM
No kidding - what's up with the scratched windows? I had to have my front passenger replaced when it got knocked out in the robbery, but they were all scratched - almost like there was sand or something down in there. I'm going in tomorrow to have the 3 other windows replaced/retinted - and I'd hate to be out another $400 in a couple months if it's just going to do it again. Is there a fix for it or something?

Collin

That's actually the reason. sand/dirt/grit gets stuck on that felt piece I believe. I thought was the reason at least, I'd suppose that it could be from the felt piece wearing out I guess.

ddba12 01-23-2006 01:51 PM

Well my power steering pump is shot too I believe. The bearings in the pulley are worn out and it makes some noise at idle, and it also leaks. Oh and about water leaking into the car. When I first got my Alero I had about a gallon or so of water sitting in my trunk due to some vent in my trunk that wasn't properly sealed. And I also had my light in my ceiling fall out and had to be resecured.

bigd6983 01-23-2006 06:04 PM

jee where to start, window regulators(driverside twice), water pump, power steering pump, brakes a few times, LIM gasket, thermostat, oil leak(a sensor right below the throttle body), alternator, fuel pressure regulator.........and the normal little things, sparkplugs, thermostat, fuel filters..........ya know

bigd6983 01-23-2006 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by exnine@gmail.com+Jan 18 2006, 11:14 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(exnine@gmail.com @ Jan 18 2006, 11:14 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-cherrington17@Jan 17 2006, 08:45 AM

myne does that sometimes. after it turns over and starts reluctantly. it always fires right up the next time. kinda wierd.

My glass is alll scratched. :( and I just recently got a crack in my windshield that split all the way to the top.
[/b][/quote]

most of us have realized its almost like the system needs to be primed......turn the key to the on position and let it sit for a few seconds letting the fuel pump build and hold pressure, then give it a shot, its worked everytime for me......if that starts faily replace your fuel filter........both my brothers carburated hondas do the same thing, turn the key to the on position, pump the throttle 3 or 4 times, and it fires right up.........just a priming thing lol