Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Appearance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Which body kit do you like more?? (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1053)

Qcksilver 02-10-2004 12:59 PM

Which body kit do you think looks better?? Andy's kit or ***'s kit? I want to get one but I just can't decide which one. I like certain parts of both of them. Like the front of ***'s kit I think looks awesome but not so sure about the side skirts. I like the back of Andy's kit but not so sure about the side skirts again. ***'s kit also has a wing that I really like. What if I mixed the kits, what do you guys think it would look like, do you think they would match at all or even look good?? Please give me you opinions, tell me what you REALLY think of each kit.

Silentalero 02-10-2004 01:05 PM

id vote osv :)

StealthAlero99 02-10-2004 01:06 PM

I like the andy's back, i would like the front if the holes were filled in, or if you just put some mesh in there, i was thinking of doin the andy's front and back, and then razzi sides... not sure if it would work

King Asoka 02-10-2004 01:11 PM

I say OSV too!

quitlahok 02-10-2004 01:15 PM

i'll also have to say osv, but that's mostly so the preorders come in and i can get mine faster too :D

jonez 02-10-2004 01:45 PM

I say mix. One you get all the parts you like. Plus you will have a different kit than most. Only down side is it will probally cost you more to purchase them.

dopey 02-10-2004 02:34 PM

both are pretty ugly in my opinion. but if i had to choose between the two id say get the *** kit...... even those most of the people who own that kit are tards.

i wounldnt mix kits..... dont think it would look good at all.

3.4Alero 02-10-2004 04:46 PM

/\ /\ I gotta agree. Don't mix the kits.

If I had the money right now, I would have a preorder in for the OSV.

AlbinoMonkeyRat 02-10-2004 06:19 PM

My opinions, plain and simple:
***: Looks good, but there are plenty of stories of fitment problems, and poor customer service on that company's part. Be prepared if you take the risk to go with these guys.

Razzi: a "snap-on" kit. Looks good molded in, mainly because of mild fitment issues. When done to the fullest, I think this is the best looking kit so far.

Andy's: Can you say "overkill"? It looks alright, but it doesn't exactly flow with the lines of our cars...it queers the look. Though, I haven't heard of any fitment issues that can't be fixed with a file. ;)

Havoc/OSV: Not yet available, but from the photos of the concept, the kit will flow nicely, and doesn't take away from the luxurious look of an otherwise stock Alero.

mfuller 02-10-2004 07:20 PM

I'll say this - Greg (Crazytaxi37) has the nicest looking Alero I've ever seen. Used the forbidden company's F&R bumper covers and Grand Am SC/T sides.

I still love the simple, clean look of the OSV kit.....but who knows if/when it'll be produced.

Oldsmopimp 02-10-2004 07:52 PM

OSV baby :pimp: :thumbsup: .... I think the other kits make the car look like an import street racin car(which its obviosly NOT). The razzi is OK....but DEFF better when molded in. Thats my two cents.

loudalero 02-10-2004 10:51 PM

Well I would say the best kit of them all is the osv but since that not being mad yet I would have to go with the *** kit even though with this it tends to look like a mustang and the other with all the holes in just looks to much like the imports.

Pimpalero03 02-11-2004 02:15 AM

osv if it happens. then razzi. then andys. then ***.

i love the osv and razzi look cuz i love the alero body look at stock and that is all razzi does is accent it.

andys front end is tight and sides, but not to fond of the back.

*** looks to crazy for my taste, although i do like the sides

ducksp 02-11-2004 03:59 AM

I like the *** kit the best with the andy's kit coming in at a close second. Razzi looks good but it has to be molded to look real good. Far as the OSV kit, I think it looks just as good as the *** kit.

cruiser2468 02-11-2004 08:03 AM

my 2 cents
we drive domestic cars people!!...lol....not hondas or some ricer
keep the stock bumpers stock rocker moldings stock a huge ass wing and bumpers are not goin to get someone attention like a stock looking car with a subtle paint job and real good looking rims, little hints of custom work here and there not a body kit that has more holes than my underwear...lol....

johny_boy32 02-11-2004 09:32 AM

who invited you? and btw, get some new damn underwear. My $.02, Andy's, then the OSV if it ever happens

99blackalero 02-11-2004 12:48 PM

right now, id have to say Andy's (with some mods to it), but if we can get the OSV pre-buy going, then id get that in a heartbeat

dopey 02-11-2004 12:59 PM

i love all this "if the osv ever happens" talk.

its been almost a year when what there are 2 preorders???

Silentalero 02-11-2004 01:08 PM

well its 2 more than we had 5 days ago....i think its becasue income taxes are coming around...

99blackalero 02-11-2004 01:08 PM

well if it does happen sweet, it'll be an awesome kit..jsut not a lot of people are willing to fork up the cash in order to get it moving