Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Common Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Help Noise From Front Suspension. (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16322)

Alero_Mod 01-22-2007 05:05 PM

Help Noise From Front Suspension.

Hello gang..

I am having a issue with my Alero now.. Its been going on for a little bit and now kinda getting more worse.. When I go over little bumps with my Alero is kinda rattles like something is loose????? It rides great and I dont think its the struts or anything like that.. I have had a front strut mount replaced already on the right side.. But now sure.. just any uneven ground it rattles any suggestions?

jackal2000 01-22-2007 05:30 PM

where does the noise seem to be coming from? front, back, side etc?

HazMatt24 01-22-2007 05:55 PM

it sounds like it's coming from the strut right?

Gr1m 01-22-2007 05:59 PM

i dont think the strut would make a rattling noise, it would make more of a uhm..idk how to explain it lol but not rattle

HazMatt24 01-22-2007 06:08 PM

I got the same thing going on, just turn up the radio

Mischief007 01-22-2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HazMatt24 (Post 252178)

That's what I do :).

SweetNLow 01-22-2007 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HazMatt24 (Post 252178)

and then you wonder why the repair bill will end up being 3x's more than what it prolly wouldve originally cost to have it repaired in the first place.

take it to a mechanica and let them look at it. if its rattling it could be a tie rod end

teflone 01-22-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetNLow (Post 252189)
and then you wonder why the repair bill will end up being 3x's more than what it prolly wouldve originally cost to have it repaired in the first place.

take it to a mechanica and let them look at it. if its rattling it could be a tie rod end

I concure... prolly a tie rod..
Dont cheap out either.. do both.. the other one will start soon enough..

etan1987 01-22-2007 08:31 PM

I had the same problem actually, I forget what was broken. On the plus side it was under warranty so that was awesome. Deaf get that looked at.

shiny alero 01-22-2007 08:36 PM

mine does it too, my tech had it 3 hours could hear it but couldnt find it and nothing was loose

Mischief007 01-22-2007 08:56 PM

Well my car seems to have dead bushings on the front lower control arms so those need to be replaced. About a $300 job at my dealer. At this point, I can't even afford that at this point.

shiny alero 01-22-2007 09:02 PM

i guess im lucky, i work for a dealer i pay wholesale for everypart and 28$ hour for labor

Alero_Mod 01-23-2007 05:34 PM

ok thanks guys so it sounds like a tie rod end eh?? It seems like its coming from the front end.. like when I go over little bumps or changes in the road it rattles kind of... in the cold coold weather seems to be louder too... but like a rattlie sounds from the front I think its even the right side.
Thanks for the info guys.. and NO CHEAPING OUT HERE EVER!

Midgear 01-23-2007 06:16 PM

My car does exactly that, cold weather seems to make it worse, too. This noise only comes from the passenger side front wheel. thats the side i really hear it coming from anyhow.. when i hit a small bump it rattles loudly (the sort of noise like the lug nuts are loose, but i assure you, they are on tight).. my driver side tie rod has issues, the rubber boot (or whatever its called) at the joint of it is all broken apart and collapsed and what not, (thats getting fixed ASAP) but my passenger one looks almost new, so i doubt its the tie rod. checked my lugs even though i knew they were tight, you never know. might crawl under there later on and have another look around. id like to know where its coming from and have it fixed rather than taking it to a shop and say "i hear a rattle" and they keep the car for 3 days and fix everything BUT that rattle and charge me a discustingly large amount.. hell if i find where its coming from i'll take a few pictures, need a couple new ones anyways to show off my new rotors and show where my brother backed into my car with his 87 chevy truck.. that clumsy bass-turd.

Edit: I forgot to add, when i run over a big bump (like a crappy rail road crossing, speed bump, small child, ect.) its noticeable, but not really extreme, but if i run over a small bump- (stick in the road, un-even pavement, any sudden bump enough to cause my suspension to react) it sounds as if my wheel is going to fall off..

teflone 01-23-2007 07:30 PM

yeah..

I still say tie rod..

But another good avenue would be like a previous poster said.. was

"dead bushings on the front lower control arms"

That is most noticable on small repetetive bumps..

one big bump dosent really accentuate the sound I belive your hearing..

If you have a good mechanic, you should be able to do it for 200 (Can.)

I did mine for 90 bucks, but my mechanic is a miricle worker (Good friend)

Im not sure what dead bushings are worth, but by the looks of it, its a bit more labour intensive then a simple tie rod.. more steps to it..

Alero_Mod 01-28-2007 05:54 PM

Well thanks guys going to take your advice for sure.. sounds like you know your stuff.. The noise no matter what inperfection gives a noise.. But I am going to check it here on monday and will come back to ya.
Thanks again guys you guys are great help good forums for sure!

MixtapeMessiah 01-28-2007 08:53 PM

My car does that too, does ur car happen to be lowered? It adds more weight on the tie rods and make em clunk n shit, I put new inner and outer tie rods on both sides and I still got it, everything on my suspension is brand new pretty much and its still there, just do what everyone else said..TURN UP THE RADIO lol

bratch15 01-28-2007 09:02 PM

Happens to me also, mine is louder in the winter because of the cold. But mine is in the rear on the drivers side....What really gets me is that my car is a little over 2 years old...

pawzbear 01-28-2007 10:06 PM

mine does it too.. i need to give it to my dad for a few days to have it fixed.. maybe i will lump that in while its in for body repair?? When i have it looked at i'll tell u what fixed mine. I just hate turning my car in for a while b/c i gotta drive one of our big ass trucks around campus.. = sucks!

MixtapeMessiah 01-28-2007 10:19 PM

I hate big ass trucks, expecially here in Texas effin every rednecks' got one and one almost ran me off the road ealier today, so I was a rooster to him and slammed on the brakes so he went off the road hahaha thats what he gets