Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Common Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   problems (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18243)

lilfee504 06-22-2007 11:46 PM

problems

well it looks like the car went for shit (at least for now)! A while back a mechanic who did my tune up checked for other problems since i asked him to...since he gave me a free estimate he said that my front wheel hubs or bearings (both sides) were burning a hole or something...Now this was about 3 months ago and the estimated price was around 600 bucks!!! :eek: So last week i started to hear some whining noise at 40-50mph. then a few days later the shit gets louder, then as im turning the wheel left or right there is this loud groaning or moaning noise along with a small clicking noise...NOW today i get in the car to go sumwhere, i couldnt leave out of my apartment because the wheel just locked up and didnt move at all, but i managed to park it though. NOW does this sound like a wheel bearing problem to u guys? i would appeciate the help and maybe i get a cheaper price on the repairs???:Rage: :smokin: :angry: :gun:

SIUlero 06-23-2007 01:35 AM

It could be bearings or it could be CV shaft. Complete wheel lockup doesn't usually happen that quick, but usually is the bearing/hub assembly. $120 bux for a new one at Autozone and if you have a jack/jackstands anda basic tool set, you can replace it yourself without too much trouble. Check out this thread for a walkthrough.

lilfee504 06-23-2007 02:21 AM

good lookin! ill give it shot maybe :icon_rolleyes:

lilfee504 06-23-2007 02:23 AM

on another note the mech told me that he have to replace the whole hub assembly. thats why it costs so much because of the labor

Gr1m 06-23-2007 03:20 AM

yea because GM thought it would be a good idea to have the sensors built into the whole effing thing

antichrysler 06-23-2007 08:38 AM

yeah...... GM's been on this "lets make everything a module" kick for the last few years.

MixtapeMessiah 06-23-2007 04:02 PM

I got the same problem and I just replaced both wheel bearing and cv shafts as well beginning of the year, so Im pretty pissed about it. Wheel bearings dont last for shit on our cars dude.

sofa 06-23-2007 05:45 PM

yeah you should have fixd it 3 months ago and then the wheels would turn

lilfee504 06-23-2007 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixtapeMessiah (Post 287362)
I got the same problem and I just replaced both wheel bearing and cv shafts as well beginning of the year, so Im pretty pissed about it. Wheel bearings dont last for shit on our cars dude.

how much did u spend?

MixtapeMessiah 06-24-2007 02:36 AM

I sadly went to autozone for the parts and lets say 6 months later same shit happens all over again. I believe I paid 450 for both front wheel bearings and cv shafts, plus if ur gonna have a shop do it ur gonna be paying for labor. I did all the work myself so I saved a good couple hundred bucks.

SIUlero 06-24-2007 07:45 PM

Did you get your car realigned after you lowered it, MM? I know alot of people on here don't think it's that important, but it is, and this is one reason why. Of course if you drive it hard on all your corners or hit bumps and potholes too fast, that'll take it's toll too.

MixtapeMessiah 06-24-2007 11:14 PM

of course I did an alignment, the roads out here are pretty shitty so im pretty sure it got loose enough to cause a problem, and my front driver side wheel bearing is finished after 6 months, so ill be replacing them tomorrow