Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Exhaust (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18531)

nickbain 07-21-2007 08:20 PM

Exhaust

I was looking into getting a header and exhaust system for my car. I was just wondering if pacesetter is any good or are there others that I should look at first?

billytheman1188 07-21-2007 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickbain (Post 291928)
I was looking into getting a header and exhaust system for my car. I was just wondering if pacesetter is any good or are there others that I should look at first?

pacesetter is a very good brand, what engine do you have?

mfuller 07-21-2007 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billytheman1188 (Post 291930)
pacesetter is a very good brand, what engine do you have?

Given the sub-forum, 2.2L Ecotec, I'd guess. (Sorry btm, had to bust your chops a bit).
I think RKSport does a header, and I think Pacesetter is the only bolt-on cat-back readily available (unless you can find a used Borla or SLP)....or you can go custom.

billytheman1188 07-21-2007 11:58 PM

OHHH, hahahaha sorry i didnt look at where it was posted. i would say get the pacesetter exhaust (i have it for my 3.4 and i love it!), then get the pacesetter headers, that would be a pretty sweet setup!

MixtapeMessiah 07-22-2007 03:43 AM

rksport makes a header for the eco (which would fit on urs), pacesetter and obx also makes a header for the eco. U got lucky with havin an eco cuz the parts are endless for it. For urs ur able to look for parts under a cavalier eco. Just search the forum and ur bound to find what u want, but IMO the pacesetter is ur best and cheapest bet for a header and it all depends on if u want a cat-back or custom exhaust set up.

rollinpropercc3 07-22-2007 08:35 AM

pacesetter quad tip exhaust....i own it and cant be anymore satisfied. i have the 5 speed 2.2 ecotec and it looks great and sounds even better. yeah its bolt on cat-back but def. worth the money for the sound alone....not sure how it would sound on the automatic tho...

nickbain 07-22-2007 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollinpropercc3 (Post 291963)
pacesetter quad tip exhaust....i own it and cant be anymore satisfied. i have the 5 speed 2.2 ecotec and it looks great and sounds even better. yeah its bolt on cat-back but def. worth the money for the sound alone....not sure how it would sound on the automatic tho...

I know its hard to explain a sound but what does it sound like, is it really loud at low rpms, ear blowing at high ones or is it a nice tuned sound, not to loud but loud enough to let ya know its there. Also, does it resonate bad or is it barly noticeable.

I also have a 5 speed ecotec.

Satsuriku 07-22-2007 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollinpropercc3 (Post 291963)
not sure how it would sound on the automatic tho...

wouldnt sound any different other then the rep shift points which of course you'll hear the sound go higher or lower at different points

rollinpropercc3 07-22-2007 02:26 PM

your right it is hard to explain sound but with mine its not super loud, but you know its there. nice smooth deep sound at low rpms which i like and slightly higher pitched sound at higher rpms...but no where near that shitty sound you hear on some hondas or acuras....with mine it back fires sometimes when i down shift, which i think sounds great but i think that happens when every car down shifts...not sure...cost me $400 2 years ago...not sure what it runs for now
you will have to slightly modify your bumper on the right side (left side fits perfect) but still worth it. (in my opinion)

Gr1m 07-22-2007 04:52 PM

pacesetter makes headers for the 4cyl on pfyc.com if i remember correctly