Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Greetings (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19385)

christq 10-01-2007 12:06 AM

Greetings

Hello my name is Quentin,

I currently own a '99 Alero GX 3.4 sedan, I have been meaning to post some pictures, but alas, I broke up a family of racoons last friday, and just got done re-fiberglassing my lower front bumper, it could be worse, I nailed a skunk the weekend before, I guess some animals cant see white. I have been a fan of this site and have gotten some good ideas, which I appreciate. I reside near Princeton Illinois, and am a graduate of SIU in Carbondale, class 04, and have been scrambling to get my car ready for the yearly homecoming, and i am waiting on my new back end to arrive, ( SUBS and AMPS) while doing several little mods here and there. ANYWAY i got a couple of questions that i would like some ideas and answers on (I am not too lazy to search, I own my computer consulting company which I will blame it on lack of time)
1. MY GAS GAUGE, my gas gauge is fun for road trips, basically I started the night on full, and after about 240 miles and going down to a quarter tank, my gas gauge begins a steadly march to full, by the time it reaches full again that is 10 gallons used.
2. dual tip dual exhaust what is a appropriate kit to buy borla, pacesetter 88-1474, etc? I dont like fart cans ( they are only applicable if you have a turbo,) if you no turbo, i pull over to point and laught at them
3. when i open my doors the lights dont come on, any door, i have to roll the light switch or hit the dope light, if it is bad relay, where is that relay located? I was leaning more toward it being with one the switchs but what do i know?
4th but not least, when i bought the car, 122k for $2400 (I put in 1800) i did not notice, but there is a delay of 5 seconds or longer, from the time you take the car out of neutral to drive, that the transmission stays in neutral, then the you get engagement. no sounds or wrrrs. it just takes 5 seconds. I am leaning towards the bands going bad. price comparison, easier to have it rebuilt or order a rebuilt one 4t45e

Oldsnut 10-01-2007 12:12 AM

Welcome Quentin. Wher exactly is Walnut,IL.?

christq 10-01-2007 12:16 AM

hop on 80 west bound off 55, for about 97 miles puts you roughly in princeton, or 60 miles east of quad cities on il rt 92, pretty much a little left of central illinois

robz02alero 10-01-2007 01:03 AM

Glad to have you on the forum. Remember, man who work for Goodyear gets tired easily!

cavaliers60 10-01-2007 01:22 AM

To give Oldsnut an idea of where it's at. lol I'm from Indiana, a little over 3 hours away. Welcome to the site and have fun! Use the search engine and clear your corners! haha

Oldsnut 10-01-2007 01:36 AM

I was in that neck of the wood last week.

christq 10-01-2007 02:22 AM

yeah, i forgot to mention I already cleared them the day i bought it, with thanks my 42 in oven

SIUlero 10-01-2007 02:36 AM

Welcome! When you make it down here, look me up. I've been here since 01, going to SIU off and on.

The fuel gauge problem sounds like it's probably something with the sending unit in the tank...you'll have to replace the fuel pump with it to fix it, which is fairly expensive, so as long as you can deal with it, I'd say leave it till the pump quits. Your transmission probably needs flushed, or at least some cleaner added to it. I don't think it would be a band causing your problem. I have no input on the exhaust...most people on here pick a muffler and have a custom set of pipes fabbed up. I think that's the way I'm leaning for mine too.

Daytona 10-01-2007 07:35 AM

Welcome aboard!

lonnie 10-01-2007 08:46 AM

Welcome!

zoomie 10-01-2007 08:46 AM

Welcome