Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Surprise! (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19394)

Headstrong2740 10-01-2007 05:41 PM

Surprise!

OK i figured id let you all know evan though in some of the threads i have posted on occasionally hinted at it.

I AM KEEPING THE ALERO!!!!!!!

Thats right..... the alero will be reserected this weekend. The motor is being pulled out and a spare is going in!!!!

Shhhhh dont tell my G/f though that im triing to keep the other motor so i can repair the lower end and get it back together..... just have to find a place to do it at. :lol:

If she find out... I might be single LOL just incase any of the girls on here are thinking about telling her... please dont... but if its Candice... i might take her up on a date :coolio: LOL

Wish me luck and if any of you locals know of a good place i can keep the motor for working on it over a LONG (and long is an understatment) period of time.... Let me know

DOHC_tuner 10-01-2007 06:02 PM

great news, hey what ever happen to your custom motor mounts

alerored04 10-01-2007 06:05 PM

Cool, im sure you are very excited. I hope you can find somewhere to work on your spare motor.

pawzbear 10-01-2007 07:33 PM

LOL! no i wouldnt tell her James ;)

zoomie 10-01-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headstrong2740 (Post 306595)
Shhhhh dont tell my G/f though that im triing to keep the other motor so i can repair the lower end and get it back together..... just have to find a place to do it at. :lol:

What's G/F and rebuilding my engine doing in the same sentence?

doubleN0alero 10-01-2007 07:38 PM

hey, let her know she's just your g/f not your wife and your money is still your money...spend it as you please!

spyhunter 10-01-2007 07:41 PM

give me the spare motor... I'll build it up.

Satsuriku 10-01-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doubleN0alero (Post 306636)
hey, let her know she's just your g/f not your wife and your money is still your money...spend it as you please!

X2!!

ive been in that kind of a relationship and that should have been the first thing to come out of my mouth b4 shit got outta hand!

Spilner521 10-02-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyhunter (Post 306638)
give me the spare motor... I'll build it up.

^^Good suggestion right there.

Headstrong2740 10-03-2007 12:59 AM

haha the motor mounts i made are holding up great! they motor does not rock at all or move. the only ones i didnt make up where the ones on the fender sides (driver and passanger) but the front and rears are built up.

As far as the motot.. no im not giving it away lol i think ill put it in a storage unit and pull it apart there and clean it up and then slowly build it up here at my apartment.... afterwards getting it down three floors will be interesting LOL wish me luck

spyhunter 10-03-2007 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headstrong2740 (Post 306965)
haha the motor mounts i made are holding up great! they motor does not rock at all or move. the only ones i didnt make up where the ones on the fender sides (driver and passanger) but the front and rears are built up.

As far as the motot.. no im not giving it away lol i think ill put it in a storage unit and pull it apart there and clean it up and then slowly build it up here at my apartment.... afterwards getting it down three floors will be interesting LOL wish me luck

You could pay me to have it done up nice and flossy too.

Redog 10-03-2007 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doubleN0alero (Post 306636)

My wife let's me spend my money as I want, as long as I can pay my mortgage and other utilies.

I won't say anything, after all, most women don't understand the bond between a guy and his car.

Good news nonetheless, let us know how it goes

misslindseysue 10-03-2007 12:42 PM

Hah! My boyfriend doesn't even have a car... and he thinks I spend WAY too much money on Lewis.

steve-o 10-03-2007 01:56 PM

glad about you keeping the alero.

spyhunter 10-03-2007 02:05 PM

A guy shouldn't have to answer to any woman about how he spends his extra cash on his car.

Redog 10-03-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misslindseysue (Post 307025)
Hah! My boyfriend doesn't even have a car... and he thinks I spend WAY too much money on Lewis.

Hopefully he's not as bad as my ex-wife. I spent way tooo much money on the car doing thing to it like getting new brakes and inspection :rolleyes2: The never of me, that was money I could have giving her to drink herslef stupid

misslindseysue 10-03-2007 03:54 PM

Actually he's quite the car-crazy guy. His love of money just wins out most of the time - he's saving up for a 135i now. He just doesn't understand spending $100 on car polish and stuff. He's all about a boost gauge, pulley, etc, etc.

strtrydr 10-04-2007 07:29 PM

Glad to here your keeping the alero and still have the determination to go through another rebuild. Good Luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by misslindseysue (Post 307044)
He's all about a boost gauge, pulley, etc, etc.

^ Whats so wrong about that? ... lol

Speaking of Boost Gauges, I need to hurry up and get mine :)

Spilner521 10-05-2007 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyhunter (Post 307035)
A guy shouldn't have to answer to any woman about how he spends his extra cash on his car.

Damn right.
Quote:

Originally Posted by misslindseysue
he's saving up for a 135i now. He just doesn't understand spending $100 on car polish and stuff. He's all about a boost gauge, pulley, etc, etc.

The 135 is going to be an awesome car when it comes out. 300hp twin turbo inline 6 attached to a 6 speed in a small package, imagine the potential...

And there's nothing wrong with concentrating more on the engine :p. That's pretty much how I am. To a certain extent, I could care less about how my car looks, as long as it's fast. Only when I'm done with the engine is when I'll start on the major exterior stuff.

misslindseysue 10-05-2007 08:12 AM

Oh don't get me wrong - I'm all about the boost gauge, etc, etc, too. :) And I can't wait to drive the 135i. He's waiting for the convertible. Can we say "I want my own set of keys?"