Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Common Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Weirdest and most ridiculous problem ever... (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23325)

shez 08-07-2008 01:14 AM

Weirdest and most ridiculous problem ever...

Okay so for some reason, every time I turn my Alero on, and it is in park, it honks for a really short second. If I am driving, and then I put it in park, it gives a little honk after about 5 or 6 seconds. It also honks when I start the car.

I remember I had to get my driver side window motor replaced and while that was out, it didn't honk at all. After I got it replaced, the dreaded honk was back.

It's really annoying. I always throw my car in drive so I don't have to hear it...it sucks a lot too because random people think I'm honking at them when they walk by. Haha.

Anyone have any solutions or experiences that might help me out? Thanks.

JOEY GLADSTONE 08-07-2008 01:30 AM

um do you have an aftermarket alarm installed? sounds like you could have it wired wrong.

Midgear 08-07-2008 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shez (Post 376905)
It's really annoying. I always throw my car in drive so I don't have to hear it...it sucks a lot too because random people think I'm honking at them when they walk by. Haha.

LOL how embarrassing! I'm not sure what the problem could be :lol:

CactusWill 08-07-2008 05:29 AM

The other night when I turned off my alero, the lights flashed and the horn beeped and I was like WTF? I'm thinking we are just having issues with the stock security system.

cherrington17 08-07-2008 09:01 AM

^thats suppose to happen. if you get out and hit the keyfob lock, the lights blink and horn honks to acknowledge that the doors locked and the "alarm is armed" (no alarm, just looks like it)

if you just hit the door lock once(inside the car), it gives you like 30 seconds to get away before it does the same thing (honk, blink lights, doors lock) Door lock hit twice it'll lock both doors and not honk, or blink lights.

as for your problem.... i don't have a friggen clue.

AGT 08-07-2008 09:27 AM

Its just the car making nice. "Goodnight"(honk) "Looking good today" (Honk, Flash Headlights) :lol:

Mr_Reed 08-07-2008 11:19 AM

LOL, thats a fun problem? I guess

Midgear 08-07-2008 12:05 PM

my car always did that.. and I dont even think I have keyless entry or an alarm for that matter- I tap the lock button once (when it didnt blow a fuse) and the dash would beep.. hop out, shut the door, 7 seconds later.. "meep" two foglight flashes and the doors would lock..

how do I tell if I have keyless entry or not?

[ion] C2 08-07-2008 12:07 PM

you look at your keychain and see if there's a fob with buttons that work on the alero

:lol:

You'd have to find the little black box that receives the signal for keyless entry, if you have one. Who knows where they might have put it.

Midgear 08-07-2008 12:08 PM

I dont even have the original key to the car.. it was some walmart key when I got it..

would I even be able to get an original key from GM anymore?

Cliff8928 08-07-2008 12:29 PM

You can get an original key from GM, it might not be an Oldsmobile logo key though.

Trickyslick 08-07-2008 01:26 PM

look on ebay I found a couple blanks with the olds symbol for like 3 bucks. I'm not sure but I thought someone had purchased several key fobs and they were selling them. search around.

deathwish666 08-07-2008 01:43 PM

:haha: that is the best problem ever...

i would have no clue what to even say other than just disconnect your horn

shez 08-07-2008 04:38 PM

Yeah, it sucks. My locks don't even work from my key thing anymore either. As of like last year or so I've only had power unlocks. Haha. And the only way the windows open is from the driver side thing, like where I control all the windows. The child lock is permanently on. :/

jackal2000 08-07-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrington17 (Post 376942)
^thats suppose to happen. if you get out and hit the keyfob lock, the lights blink and horn honks to acknowledge that the doors locked and the "alarm is armed" (no alarm, just looks like it)

if you just hit the door lock once(inside the car), it gives you like 30 seconds to get away before it does the same thing (honk, blink lights, doors lock) Door lock hit twice it'll lock both doors and not honk, or blink lights.

as for your problem.... i don't have a friggen clue.

7 seconds.

Midgear 08-07-2008 05:26 PM

^^^ lol yep

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midgear (Post 376985)
- I tap the lock button once (when it didnt blow a fuse) and the dash would beep.. hop out, shut the door, 7 seconds later.. "meep" two foglight flashes and the doors would lock..

cherrington17 08-07-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackal2000 (Post 377056)
7 seconds.

you caught me... my internal clock sucks. :lol:

jackal2000 08-07-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrington17 (Post 377059)
you caught me... my internal clock sucks. :lol:

you shouldn't have overclocked it :p

01silveralero 08-07-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midgear (Post 376985)
my car always did that.. and I dont even think I have keyless entry or an alarm for that matter- I tap the lock button once (when it didnt blow a fuse) and the dash would beep.. hop out, shut the door, 7 seconds later.. "meep" two foglight flashes and the doors would lock..

how do I tell if I have keyless entry or not?

mine does that too.........